Breaking is the *NEW* Fixing

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Banard

Re: Breaking is the *NEW* Fixing

Unread post by Banard »

Shinryu Masaki wrote:
Shelassa wrote:MMO-Champion had posted latest spell changes among other things, Marksmanship makes an appearance:

Aimed Shot: A powerful aimed shot that deals [204% of weapon damage] Physical damage. (Previously was 215%)
I honestly don't know what's going on anymore. Stomp for BM and Throwing Axes for SV are so strong no one takes the other talents, so Blizz's solution is to buff those two talents to do even more damage? I keep reading about how MM hunters hate that Aimed Shot hits like a wet noodle, some don't even want to place it on their action bars, and it gets its damage nerfed? I don't even... just... why? :shock:

A few things, i think Blizzard is at the stage where there trying to do small balances that brings specs closer together. BM is low, increasing stomp, increases single and aoe damage by a small margin...with the idea is later down the road make the other talents viable options.

I do not know what you are reading about MM Hunters but please take a look at warcraft logs website, visit a few logs, see the breakdown of damage. Aim shot is the majority of damage for MM hunters. It is their bread and butter. That is why that spell was targeted.

to put things in perspective: https://www.warcraftlogs.com/statistics/10

Goal should be: adjust those top three specs down, the bottom 7-8 up and the ranking spread will be closer. Nothing is every going to be perfect, but the idea is to keep things in range.

The secondary problem is scaling, how are specs going to be impacted as ilevel increases and tier set bonuses are introduced.

Word on the street is MM is going to go bananas.
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Re: Breaking is the *NEW* Fixing

Unread post by Shelassa »

WoWHead has put up PTR 7.1.5 patch notes - take a look, there is some Hunter stuff, for all 3 specs, among other things coming with the update (such as Brawler's Guild, new achieves, changes to Legendaries and etc.)

Edit: out of the most interesting, it seems BM and MM will get Freezing Trap and Tar Trap, Survival will get a new passive to their traps, called Waylay:

"After 2 sec, your Traps become fully armed, making them especially devastating when triggered by a target who is not in combat:
Steel Trap deals 100% increased damage and will not break due to damage for the first 8 seconds (NYI)
Freezing Trap will not break due to damage for the first 8 seconds.
Tar Trap reduces enemies' movement speed by 90% for the first 8 seconds (NYI).
Explosive Trap deals 300% increased damage
"

For BM Dire Beast gets a charge, though it seems for it to do what BMs have been asking to, you'd need a specific legendary:
"Summons a powerful wild beast to attack your target for 8 sec.
Generates 12 Focus over its duration.
Cooldown changed from 12 sec cooldown to 12 sec recharge
Charges changed from None to 1 Charges
"

Marks has a lot of changes, and to my eye they don't seem good, but I haven't played the spec in a while so I don't feel like I can comment on those.