PVP Hunters vs Rogues What do you do?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

PVP Hunters vs Rogues What do you do?

Unread post by Talihawk »

Rogues and Death Knights are really next to impossible for me to combat in any pvp settings. I made a macro to help me attack and disengage to get away from their seemingly endless combo of stuns, saps and blindings. (using BM spec)

What spells or techniques do you use to avoid insta-death when you find yourself pounced on or grabbed by one of these classes?

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Re: PVP Hunters vs Rogues What do you do?

Unread post by Shelassa »

I wish I could help you out, but with the amount of abilities in your tool kit it's next to impossible if we're speaking 1v1, especially considering latest nerfs to hunters (Posthaste and 10% agility of BM).

The only spec in which I can do -anything- worthwhile is Survival, but even it is greatly crippled with the nerf to the row of Stings PvP talents and Tracker's net / Ranger's Net / Roots sharing diminishing returns.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I suppose on the upside I can take comfort in knowing it isn't me as a player screwing up. This is pretty much what people are saying in other forums too. Thanks for the info!

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Rogues eat me alive, but i make sure i flare them when i can to irritate them. :)
Gimlion
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Nordrassil

Unread post by Gimlion »

I've only done a little PvP so far this expac, but I'm personally having a hell of a time with DKs, Warlocks and disc priests. DKs just shrug off all your damage and cc lock you to no end, while WL, idk which spec, can perma shield themselves. It's infuriating popping BW and BL only to see every attack *Absorb.* Same for D priests, who can heal themselves based on the damage they do. Just frustrating.

Sig made by the Wonderful Serenith!

"You cannot judge me, I am Justice itself! We were meant for more than this, to protect the innocent. But, if our precious laws bind you all to inaction, then I will no longer stand as your brother." - Tyrael
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

Yeah they've nerfed us to the ground. :( I don't understand how this is supposed to be 'balanced' game play at all.