Have you got a Legiondary yet?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.

How many do you have>

21%
20%
8%
3+
52%

Total votes: 66

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Have you got a Legiondary yet?

Unread post by Quiv »

With Legion being out two months, I wanted to poll people here to see if you have gotten a Legiondary drop yet? Curious about which one and the source.

I got Call of the Wild braces a week or so back out of a Suramar emissary cache (reduces Aspect CD by 50%). Not my top pick but its really high up there. Not statted the best for BM but its far far faaaaaaarrrr from the worst. Its nice having a 1 minute Cheetah, I have to admit, so no complaints here at all.

I'm genuinely curious if you guys are having any luck? I'm not running things constantly, I do a daily heroic and I keep up with my emissary quests, do a little LFR and 1-2 mythic dungeons a week MAYBE. I saw two drop out of heroic dungeons so I thought about doing those more but nah. I can equip two thanks to the Order Hall perk but I'm patient with it.

The ones I really want:
Shadow Hunter Voodoo Mask (FD heals quite a bit)
Roar of Seven Lions (reduces focus cost during BM)
Apex Predator Claw (pet gains passive abilities from all specs and deals more dmg. I *think* this sounds better than it is though)
Roots of Shaldrassil (4% HP every 3 sec while standing still)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Have you got a Legiondary yet?

Unread post by Vephriel »

I finally had my first one drop for me yesterday! I got the Apex Predator Claw from one of my emissary caches. :)

I thought I was never going to see one, I have terrible RNG/loot luck this expansion and I've been playing pretty steadily. One's bound to drop eventually though!
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

My sub ran out about 2 weeks ago, prior to that I was doing all Emissary caches, LFR and dungeons (from Normal to Mythic+), but didn't raid Normal+. Nada :D

My best friend, who is also our guild's tank who had done about the same amount of stuff, has gotten one from Valarjar Emissary - the neck, Prydaz, which was immediately stuffed in the bottom of the inventory only to be worn during PvP matches for artificial ilvl (and, thus, stats) increase :D

I'm torn in terms of the ones I want - on the one hand, it'd be cool to get legendaries that Quiv mentioned. On the other hand, I'm still a bit bristled over the fact that Roar of Seven Lions, Apex Predator Claw and Roots of Shaladrassil technically return to us chopped off talents and passive effects that we had pre-pruning and call it legendary bonus (ability cost reduction during Bestial Wrath, Adaptation and Spirit Bond).

I've been toying around with Survival lately, even if I miss Loque dearly. The legendary I really want is the Call of the Wild that shortens CDs of "Aspects" by 50% or Nesingwary's Trapping Treads (gain 15 focus when trap is triggered) to maybe play around with Way of Mok'Natal - as it is, I run out of Focus too easily despite high haste and altogether can't keep the rotation going without it falling apart :D
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Not a one for me. Granted I'm not the most active player ever but I've done as many emissary quests and Withered Army Training as much as possible and no sign of one. Then there's that one guy who plays less than I do that has 5 of the damn things. At this point as long as it isn't one of the rings I'd settle for any of them.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Zero here.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

My druid has Ekowraith, Creator of Worlds, but my hunter hasn't gotten anything. Which is okay, I guess, since I'm maining my druid for now. I'd really like the Chatoyant Signet.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

I got Roar of the Seven Lions (reduced focus costs during BW) two weeks ago from Wardens cache. I actually had a feeling I would get one from cache that day, as my guildmates got around 5 or 6 combined from raid the previous day.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I have three, actually. Which sounds crazy and it honestly surprises me lol

I got Apex Predators claw my first week of Legion. Second week I got Sephuz. A few days later I got Call of the Wild bracers. I do dungeons, raids, mythic+, world quests, pvp... I'm usually busy lol

I use Apex and Call both, since I have the order hall upgrade. And I love having them. I'd love to get Roar of Seven Lions, but I'm content with what I've got.

Magnakilro
Realm: Eonar

Unread post by Magnakilro »

I currently have the Vol'jin mask one which I got from my guild's first Norm Ursoc kill. Hoping to get the BM ring or the belt or bracers.
Avatar made by the awesome Senna-umbreon
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

I have the waist, Roar of the Seven Lions, which dropped during raid. Most of my raid team has their first and are waiting on their second (I think 2 people have their second ones).
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I have the absorb neck (Prydaz I think?) which would have excited me greatly except that I'm still really annoyed that all the spec-specific legendaries for BM restore abilities/passives we lost in 7.0. Also I'm sick of the bubble noise every 35 seconds when idling in Dalaran, but if I was willing to give up all bubble noises forever I could at least do something about that. I got it six hours before the "equip two legendaries" class hall thing finished researching, lol :x

At least it's not Sephuz's which is not even worth equipping over my other two (mediocre) rings right now because of the stats/distribution on it (whereas Prydaz favours mastery the way I do). I lived in dread every time I did an emissary quest or didn't get benched for a raid that I'd get Sephuz and I'd have to explain to our loot council why I wasn't wearing it—they're mostly sensible but sometimes the orange blinds them :\ 'course, that means when I've accumulated enough bad luck protection to get a second (and be able to actually make use of the two weeks and 10k resources spent on being able to equip two) it's bound to be that stupid gross ring, but whatever my account will probably be inactive by then >:/
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I don't actually know how to respond to this.

Kalliope has none.

But my raiding panda, KB? She's got two.

I've done plenty of content on Kalli as well; she's just not as lucky. :(

(Not that either of KB's legendaries is hunter-specific....so in a way, I'm unlucky across the board.)

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

No sign of any for me yet, over the two toons I've played pretty heavily. I gather they're pretty rare, which I guess they should be.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Not a single one, and I don't expect to see one. I have pretty terrible luck, and my main is my unluckiest toon of them all!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Xella wrote:...which would have excited me greatly except that I'm still really annoyed that all the spec-specific legendaries for BM restore abilities/passives we lost in 7.0.
Shelassa wrote:On the other hand, I'm still a bit bristled over the fact that Roar of Seven Lions, Apex Predator Claw and Roots of Shaladrassil technically return to us chopped off talents and passive effects that we had pre-pruning and call it legendary bonus (ability cost reduction during Bestial Wrath, Adaptation and Spirit Bond).

I wanted to quote these because it's such a big deal for me, too. I know it sounds silly for me to complain, but honestly... at least I know other Hunters will understand my frustration. A lot of people I pug raids with, who seem to inspect my gear a lot, always comment on "OMG THOSE LEGENDARIES ARE SO OP. DOESN'T BLIZZARD UNDERSTAND THATS TOO OP!?".

And I'm like.... no it's not? "These are all abilities and passive traits my spec had prior to patch 7.0's pruning."

And it's a pretty big deal cause when you get a legendary you want to be like 'OMG CRAZY, THIS NEW THING DOES SUCH AN AMAZING THING, AWESOME. I CANT WAIT TO USE IT!" and I can honestly say I did not have that reaction upon getting Apex Predator's claw. My reaction was "Awesome! A legendary, that's cool! It's good to get my old Adaptation back." And that was it. It honestly didn't impress me more than that.

And I get the same feeling every time I get a new Honor Talent that was an old Passive trait or ability BM used to have. Which is probably why I like PvP this season, it feels like my old BM.

But back on point... the fact that for BM Hunters legendaries aren't really "OMG THIS NEW AWESOME EXPERIENCE!", its more like... getting back what was taken in the first place. And it's really just a bit of a tarnishing mark on an otherwise interesting system. And it's hard to translate that to other players, who just see "Orange? You got an orange? THAT ORANGE IS THE BEST! SO OP, OMG I BET ITS AMAZING!"

It's not. It's not rewarding to have to hit the lottery to get back what was taken :(

Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

I have one, the Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask.

I was saddened to learn the HoT from it only applies while you're -still- feigning death. :(
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Myzou wrote:I have one, the Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask.

I was saddened to learn the HoT from it only applies while you're -still- feigning death. :(
Oh the HoT is only while you are feighed? Wow that changes the appeal quite a bit for me.
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Last edited by Banard on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:26 am, edited 1 time in total.
Zalani
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring, Arathor, Moon Guard(US)

Unread post by Zalani »

I wanted the BM belt/ring/bracers but I did get the boots.
I wasn't sure about them at first but they are pretty nice, good stats and you can get near constant kill commands with it. Very useful during bw.
It's pretty funny during the wPvP quests since you can kill people pretty quick if you get good dire beast procs.
Kalliope
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

For perspective, we had like eight Legiondaries drop in my raid the day 7.1 dropped. It was ridiculous. But we were a) a guild b) doing heroic. (And I'd gotten my second Legiondary on KB earlier that day in my m+ chest.) So it does seem like the odds are in favor of those doing endgame content.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!