Calling Dire Beast animation?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Calling Dire Beast animation?

Unread post by Boven »

I'm wondering if it's just a male Tauren thing, a Tauren thing in general, or just me being old and starting to lose it, but...

Is the animation that occurs when you hit dire beast longer than it used to be?

When doing dungeons and raids, I tend to rely on some visual cues. This is especially true when using multishot, since I like to be sure I've hit multiple mobs and that Beast Cleave is actually gonna happen. I've noticed that, since 7.1, if I use it after Dire Beast, I don't see the 'trails' of the shots going to the mobs. It seems as if the whistle/shout animation my character does for Dire Beast is lasting a lot longer than it used to I've not actually timed it, but it seems to take a couple seconds.

It's not a huge thing, and from the combat text numbers I can see whether my pet is actually cleaving after the fact, but it's still a little annoying.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Re: Calling Dire Beast animation?

Unread post by Xella »

Female night elves do the same—if a multishot is cast directly after the DB GCD is up, you don't get the visual for it. The actual DB animation is much shorter than it used to be, or at least there's less standing around after, but it's still not right cos I do the exact same thing you do, and I miss that cue a lot of the time since it doesn't play :\
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.