Snarler Pup

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
zedxrgal
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Snarler Pup

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I just stumbled across this lil guy just laying there. Has anyone seen him before? I did a search and didn't see anything mentioned.

On WoWHead it shows:
Snarler Pup
The location of this NPC is unknown.

But he's clearly there.

You cannot beast lore him. You cannot attack him.

Anyone know why the poor little guy is just laying there?

Why is here here? Is he part of a world quest?

Sorry if this has already been posted about but I didn't see anything.

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Snarler Pup

Unread post by pop »

Is there an npc named Snarler? Try taming it and bring it to the part, and also use archaeology for the lulz
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Not sure that it's related given the different models and expansions, but there is a rare black wolf in Feralas named Snarler: http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id=wolfskinblack

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
zedxrgal

Well there is good old Snarler in Feralas and the Duskpelt Snarler in Stormheim.
But I am wondering if it's the Suramar Snarler that's linked to the pup. I'll have to tame one and see.
Hopefully the pup is there again since I still haven't found anything. Not even Warcraft pets has something.

Edit: Hah! Posted the same time as Tyger. :lol:

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I've seen Snarler Pups in multiple places in Suramar with the Snarler adults--does that one have a unique model?
TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

zedxrgal wrote:Well there is good old Snarler in Feralas and the Duskpelt Snarler in Stormheim.
But I am wondering if it's the Suramar Snarler that's linked to the pup. I'll have to tame one and see.
Hopefully the pup is there again since I still haven't found anything. Not even Warcraft pets has something.

Edit: Hah! Posted the same time as Tyger. :lol:
Your post was a lot more helpful than mine though! :lol: Snarler in Feralas was the only thing I could think of; doesn't help that I haven't really gotten around to doing much of the Legion content yet, either. xD

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

There is a skinning NPC nearby, where the wolves are. And there's also a "!" wolf npc near these pups too. I wonder if perhaps they have some relation to the skinning NPC/Profession? Because they are near the tree where the skinning npc is, and he talks about "hunting" (but I'm not a skinning/lw profession, so IDK if he says other things).

I also recall questing in the area, and I think I had to kill some wolves and Basilisks in the area. And one quest required me to "un-petrify" some mobs in that area, some of which were nightsaber cubs that had the "nightsaber cub" battle pet model, like how these guys use the pup battle pet model. So maybe they're for that quest too?

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm only part-way through the skinning quests. All I've done so far with that quest giver is show up, then immediately be given quests to go to dungeons and raids :(
zedxrgal

I saw the pup on my gnome who's an engineer /miner. So I don't think the pup would come up for her if it has something to do with a skinning /LW world quest.
The whole situation has me desperate to get into game to sort it out but I sadly am not sure when I'll get there.
I think, at least my suspicion is the pup will react to the Suramar snarlers. Although it would be really cool if Feralas snarler start something.

Edit: Although upon pondering my horde huntress who's 110 does have LW /Skinning but she's WAY behind Sparkplug in terms of progression in Legion. She is just learning a lot of her LW patterns and starting those quests given in Dalaran.

Edit #2: Sorry another afterthought. Dumb question. Anyone will to look for this little guy on a 110 toon that is NOT a hunter??? I'm curious. Not of my other classes are anywhere near 110 to check for him.

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

Maby its a new mount like the falcosaurs?
specific food in order to talk to it and food wise?