*grumble* Helya as BM? More like Helno

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Re: *grumble* Helya as BM? More like Helno

Unread post by Xota »

Banard wrote: DISMISSING YOUR PET = BAD HUNTER ( yes it needs to be said like this, it needs to become common knowledge for the BM community as a whole to become better, its not meant to be mean but if people start /laugh /noob /point at hunters doing this ...maybe as a whole it will stop)
I am able to keep track of how long things take. Sticking to your rule because you'd call me a noob if I didn't is a bad reason to do so. Please don't be pretentious.
Banard

Unread post by Banard »

Last edited by Banard on Wed Nov 23, 2016 11:25 am, edited 1 time in total.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Encouraging people to harrass and belittle players who you feel don't play well enough is not OK on this site. There is no discussion on this point.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Xota wrote:
Banard wrote: DISMISSING YOUR PET = BAD HUNTER ( yes it needs to be said like this, it needs to become common knowledge for the BM community as a whole to become better, its not meant to be mean but if people start /laugh /noob /point at hunters doing this ...maybe as a whole it will stop)
I am able to keep track of how long things take. Sticking to your rule because you'd call me a noob if I didn't is a bad reason to do so. Please don't be pretentious.

Hmm. Looks like I missed some drama yesterday afternoon. I dunno why dismissing a stuck pet would ever be considered bad. Loss of the dps due to dismiss/resummon is, in my opinion, far better than a total loss of the pet's dps.
Kalliope
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Dethecus

Unread post by Kalliope »

I'm a BM hunter who regularly dismisses pets to resummon different pets for utility. I have healed, lusted, and bresed all in the course of the same fight and made the difference between success and failure.

Dismissing your pet doesn't make you a bad hunter.

As I said before, I haven't had a problem with pets getting stuck on this fight, but that's just my experience. If others have and needed to dismiss/resummon to get them unstuck because passive didn't work, then that's a perfectly viable option. Our pets make up so much of our damage that not having our pet in the fight will always be a massive dps loss. Taking the time to dismiss your pet is trivial compared to that loss.

So not only was that post unnecessarily rude, it wasn't even accurate. Do what you need to do to stay in the fight.

I'm glad the original post has been removed, but it should never have been made in the first place. Check your elitist attitude at the door please, especially when you don't know what you're talking about.

Kalliope's Pantheon of Pets
YouTube Edition
Thanks to Serenith for the avatar and signature!

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Does anybody have specific pet suggestions for Helya, by the way? I don't mean like, "bring a spirit beast to help out with the p3 absorb shield" or whatever, but like actual aesthetic pet model-type things?

I'm constantly losing track of both my primary pet and Hati in the game world during the encounter, because my stable tends towards blue/purple pets without fantastic spell effects, and the lighting in the area makes it very difficult to see them (above and beyond how hard it is to keep track of pets in a melee-heavy raid to begin with). I can occasionally commandeer a raid marker to put on one of them, which is leaps and bounds above what... well, what anything beyond a Mini Diablo-esque ignoring of lighting effects would do... but that's both not something I can do consistently, nor is it necessarily fair to the rest of the group to see an orange circle running around like a lunatic :P

Nothing in my stable is especially bright or stand-outty—the manasabers' spell effects are a little too little, and both my pink crane and green devilsaur just don't really "pop" with the lighting—so I'm not really sure where to go from there. I can see what they (or at least my primary pet) are (is) targetting via my UI, but that doesn't really help me locate them (especially if they're on Helya, or running to a target from elsewhere and not actually attacking yet). The little dot on my minimap isn't much help either, as it gets drown out in the 19-29 other dots on the map.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Kalliope

I'd look through the glowing red options to see how those work out. Maybe a runed hellhound from Northrend or a corehound?

Even though he's green, I'd also suggest trying Ban'thalos, since he's big and flappy. Could also check out chimeras too - same reasoning, only less glowy.

Some of the old world basilisks are bright enough that they might stand out, but they're low to the ground.

YouTube Edition

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Big red direhorn? Or a kodo, they're huge!

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

A worm could be good too, They are really tall and poke out quite well, and without being over wide blocking the view of others.

These guys are pretty bright too!

Image Image

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

In case any of you notice somebody missing, it was at the user's request and NOT a disciplinary action over what is a pretty minor disagreement.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Kalliope

Thanks for the transparency, Wain. :)

YouTube Edition

Joonces
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Joonces »

I'm playing as MM currently, but if I wanted a stand out pet I would probably go with King Krush.

Also, maybe one of the bright orange wasps? Not sure how the lighting on that fight would affect it though.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Krush didn't do so hot in the lighting, unfortunately. I keep forgetting to tame an actual core hound and see if they'd do any better (though I guess I can do that now and wait for Tuesday to come around again/run LFR at some point to see, since I'm actually thinking about it and not immediately en route to bed).

My old wasp was named Xiezhur because the wings on all the wasps and other bugs hit my eyes in a real bad way when they're standing next to me (though I'm more prone to migraines and nausea and not actually seizures); my red fox didn't stand out very well but the wasps are brighter, so they might work for someone else.

So far the GSW/Karoma has been the most visible of the ones I've tried, which feels a bit strange cos blue in blue on blue, but it is pretty bright, so idk haha
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Thinking about it, yeah, I can see how the weird lighting would probably make Krush kind of look greyish and be harder to see. I wonder how an orange devilsaure or a red corehound would do. GIR, who used to be Chromaggus, doesn't stand out all that much in the Guarm and Helya fights, that's for sure.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Well finally tried out Helya and at least for me, stuck pets weren't a problem (couldn't ask the other hunters since I'm the only stubborn BM one). I did see one of my pets trying valiantly to "walk" through the air to get to a tentacle (but I agree pets are hard to see with ALL the effects and mechanics).

Bigger issue was players getting stuck. We wiped on trash due to half the raid falling through the floor, and then a mob went untanked because the tank got stuck somehow. I guess in the grand scheme of things that's a bigger problem than my pet. :(
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

All I can say for Helya is I hope that Phase 2 wave mechanic returns from the depths of the sea from whence it came. Hate that ability.