Tame pet is a level 13 skill now

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Tame pet is a level 13 skill now

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Wain wrote:The thing about this that frustrates me the most isn't that the changes are poorly thought out, though I'm convinced they are. It's that there are SO many pre-existing problems with classes, that stem from this clearly rushed class restructure and that have been ignored since Alpha. And yet apparently their response in 7.1 was to ignore those and start fiddling with other things some more. It's like your house is on fire so you decide to move the furniture around.
This has been true for everything this xpac, not just hunters or specific classes. Things keep breaking and rather than stop and fix them, they're so focused on pushing on frequent content patches to keep people subscribed that

Examples: "You don't want your withered army to get webbed" message x100. Skyhorn Kite randomly deciding that you're not in Broken Isles (while you're IN Highmountain, Suramar) and just dropping you to your death from the sky. Hati just standing around, looking decorative, during combat. Tab targeting, which they claimed to have reverted to last expansion's version to "fix" - well it never worked properly last expansion either!
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

The Derping Hati bug can be fixed by unequipping Titanstrike, letting him despawn, and reequipping it. I think something in transport code (taxis and such) breaks some component of his AI temporarily. If you're worried about it in instances just make sure you preemptively do the dequip-equip sequence at the very start and he should be good for the rest of it. (Zoning may foul it too, I'm not sure, so best to be safe.)

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

we really REALLY shouldn't have to remove then equip our main weapon (or any weapon, really) to get our pet to function correctly after a taxi, zoning, or entering an instance.
I understand that this is a quick fix, but it needs a REAL fix from Blizzard.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Rhyela
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Agreed. It's nice that we have a workaround (and thank you for that! :)), but with Hati being such an integral part of BM, we shouldn't have to do that in the first place. :| This whole xpac for the most part has felt like "one step forward, two steps back".

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Just a randomly discovered FYI. Hunters aren't the only ones with things moving on them. I popped on a lowbie lock (who's basically just a placeholder but anyway)... turns out, summoning a voidwalker (you know... your butt-saving tank...) is now Level /20/.

Arguably worse than taming at 13...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

Honestly, the voidwalker at level 20 is nbd. I feel like they likely changed that one because 90%ish of players have BoAs, and once you hit level 15 you can start queueing for dungeons, for which the VW is useless. My lowbie locks have never used their blueberries because it made pulling so slow when I was questing. Keep imp and nuke the crap out of things. Even without BoAs, Blizzard's low level content just isn't that hard that low level locks can't survive without a VW until level 20.

Even the tame pet change could be argued that it's not really game breaking or anything. Annoying, sure. Disappointing, yes. But mainly because, for years, we've always been able to tame a new pet at level 10. Grinding 3 more levels doesn't really take that long. I feel it's more of a QoL thing.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]