Addon to monitor spawn times for rares?

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Ksajral

Addon to monitor spawn times for rares?

Unread post by Ksajral »

Does one exist?
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Re: Addon to monitor spawn times for rares?

Unread post by Talihawk »

As far as I know there is only one, and it only works for the ones on the Timeless Isle. ;(

TygerDarkstorm
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Staghelm (Alliance), Wyrmrest Accord (Horde)

Unread post by TygerDarkstorm »

I personally just cannot picture how something like this would work. A lot of rares have timers that vary, or they share their timers with several other rares. How does it know when a rare has been killed/tamed if you weren't online/in that zone? As far as I know, timers are server based, how do you account for zones that are cross-server where you might swap servers? I'm not a coder, so maybe it is something that's possible, I just can't wrap my brain around it.

Follow me on Tumblr! @projectashley
Like Crochet? You can see what I make @ facebook.com/AshedCreations

Lord Godfrey wrote:Some people only want to watch the world burn. Others want to be the ones responsible for burning it...
[/center]
Bristlenose
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by Bristlenose »

The Timeless Isles one is the only one I know of and it only works when there are enough players around who also have the addon so it can communicate the data to it when a rare was last seen.

It would be real nice to know when say, Loque was spawned or Terrorpene or any number of other rares that have long timers with high camp rates.