Spirit Bound Trait for BM needs 20 boosts.

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Spirit Bound Trait for BM needs 20 boosts.

Unread post by Talihawk »

Ugh I can't believe I didn't notice this, but you have to unlock and then boost up that last gold trait 20 times. OMG. For a lousy 15 percent extra damage with just Hati.

I was so excited I thought I finally had Titanstrike finished. blegh.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: Spirit Bound Trait for BM needs 20 boosts.

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah it seems to be designed to keep you busy once you're done :/. I see they're adding more traits points in 7.1.5 and I am wondering if it's more effective to save your AP for those. Hmmm
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

All I know is I'm not going to go out of my way to grind any more on titan strike. It's jut not worth it.

peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Yup it's just to keep you busy leveling your weapon for-eeever. If you have an offspec I actually suggest putting just the first point in it, and then you're free to put AP in your other weapon(s) as the first point provides the biggest boost.
Wain wrote:I see they're adding more traits points in 7.1.5 and I am wondering if it's more effective to save your AP for those. Hmmm
For people actively raiding you pretty much have to blow your AP as you get it to stay competitive.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I just unlocked all the artifact traits on Titanstrike this week too. Think I'll actually start working on my survival artifact now :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I just started fleshing out my other Artifacts once I got the all the traits from Titanstrike. Since I am AK 24 and will hit 25 in a day or so, it won't take long. However I have found that my pursuit of AP has drastically slowed down. I don't even care about it anymore honestly. Once I reached a certain point, I didn't feel new traits were nearly as rewarding. They feel like the boring +% talents from the talent trees long ago.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

It's a bit weird—34 to 35 took a subjective FOREVER, but I went from ~60% towards 36 to ~60% towards 37 all today. I wonder if I just got excessively lucky with AP drops in mythic EN+heroic ToV today (plus the world boss) compared to what I normally would have gotten, since my AK was only one notch higher from last week's raids.

Of course, 36 was .5% to Hati compared to 5% from 35, so it's not like it actually felt worth it. Still more worth it than putting that same AP into my MM or SV weapons, but y'know :| At least on Tuesday (which is apparently 7.1.5 day?) that'll be 5% to us, 5% to our pet, and 5% to Hati, instead of JUST Hati and pet.

As for pooling it, my guild's more DPS-inclined DPS were talking about it after raid today and they indicated that someone at Blizzard had semi-officially said that pooling your AK would not be useful, and they were speculating whether that meant that traits 35+ would be refunded when that patch hit or whether you would need trait 35 in to unlock the new ranks of existing traits or whether you would need to unlock all of that 35+ trait to start on the rest. I wish they'd actually given me a source for that, but this is what google brought up: https://worldofwarcraft.com/en-us/news/ ... anel-recap
The first of these updates is the addition of new Artifact traits that can be earned and unlocked via a new Artifact campaign, which you can embark on once you’ve maxed out your Artifact weapon. There will be at least three new traits per weapon, and you can unlock the ability to spend a fourth point on every existing minor trait on your weapon. There will be approximately 15 new traits for players to earn and spend to upgrade and customize their character.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

I feel I've been flying through the levels once I got past 35. But then again, I'm not putting any AP into the other weapons. I'm terrible at MM even when I did unlock all 3 traits (plus the no pet talent feels almost mandatory and I hate not having a pet) and SV is just... Well, if I want to melee, I'll use my enh shammy or feral druid. So I've got no real reason not to beef up Titanstrike.

Though I've had the opposite reaction to everyone else it seems xD My AP grind drive died when I was unlocking the last few traits before Spiritbound (the MD one and others like Natural Reflexes). Once I hit 35, the drive kicked back in and now I'm back to grinding AP any chance I get lol

Talihawk
Petopia Artist

I decided randomly to start upgrading the other weapons, before I hit that last gold trait. Glad I did, as it's certainly faster and feels more useful to do so than to keep on pouring it all into Titan. Guess we'll just have to wait and see what happens when it comes to the new traits.

Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Spiritbound increases ALL of your damage, not just Hati. The tooltip just hasn't been updated (it should be in 7.1.5). 15% is significant! And there's no point to holding onto AP for future traits according to Blizzard. All you'd be doing is depriving yourself of extra DPS in between now and when the new traits come out. They answered this in the last Q&A (or the one before that).
Talihawk
Petopia Artist

If it's all damage that'd be great.