Lore mentions hot fixes for hunter in Q&A video???

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Lore mentions hot fixes for hunter in Q&A video???

Unread post by Talihawk »

So Lore said there were a number of hotfixes coming to hunters in the beginning of Q&A video posted today. Around one 1min 15 seconds in to it. Any one want to speculate what those could be???

Link ref to video : http://www.icy-veins.com/forums/topic/2 ... anuary-12/

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Re: Lore mentions hot fixes for hunter in Q&A video???

Unread post by Sukurachi »

probably more nerfs to hotfix any potential fun hunters were having.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Hopefully fixes to Hati and pet pathing but who knows? :/
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Things that are not actually hunter-specific but will benefit hunters—Millie Watt in Brawler's Guild never casting polymorph on non-player targets, or Nibbleh actually fixating on the player and thus making the fight possible as a BM hunter.

That's my hope. I'm not letting myself hope for anything better (because anything better—aka survival going back to MoP-style ranged—isn't gonna happen. Realistically, it'll be something to make MM hunters feel better, except it will neither make MM fun to play nor make the staunch cadre of MM players happy)
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I actually did Nibbleh as BM. It's tough, but doable. I'd have my pet on passive for two to three seconds at the start so I could build aggro, then I'd just keep an eye on how much I kept throughout the fight. If my aggro percentage dropped lower than 120%, I'd quickly make my pet play dead to reset his aggro.

Still very annoying though, and those few seconds at the start with no pet damage can be costly ...

Anyways, hotfixes make me excited but I'm not getting my hopes up too high either. I just want to be in line with everyone else... I don't need to be overpowered, just not as pathetic as we are now.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Yeah I managed it too (with three seconds left 'til the insta-death) but it's way harder than it needs to be when it seems like so many of the other fights in Brawler's Guild already mostly ignore pet threat. Having Omen actually installed would probably have helped (I haven't run it since I was an actual tank) because I ended up having to have my pet on passive for about 15s at the start of the fight and then having them feign for at least a second (cos down-and-up instantly didn't always clear their threat) every time it was off cooldown thereafter. Millie would have been easier had I thought about Play Dead sooner, but I'm still trying to clear the cobwebs of "my pets and I feign at exactly the same time and they can't be separated" out of my head from the old glyph.

Most of the Brawler's Guild bosses seem to have... if not decaying threat, at least less threat from non-player targets. It's just... you can't control the way your pet moves in any sort of reliable method that I've ever found (even "move to" with pets on passive doesn't always stick these days—Serpent of Old was also running into that a lot) and I don't have Distracting Shot anyway to immediately pull something back off my pet when my pet pulls aggro I don't want it to have (not convinced that Distracting would be fast enough regardless, but y'know).

I'm mostly just still salty that there still is no replacement for Survival since BM was my second choice spec. SV's dead in a ditch (to me) and BM's a poor second choice, MM isn't worth the glorious artifact skins they get, and no other class plays the way old SV did so there's nowhere to really go (and at this point, I can say that with a fair amount of certainty).

But all this is sort of off topic; they've posted the planned changes and as expected, MM hunters are incensed, lol :P
Beast Mastery
Cobra Shot damage increased by 46%.
Chimaera Shot damage increased by 10%.
Barrage damage increased by 10%.
Kill Command damage increased by 10%.

Marksmanship
Aimed Shot, Arcane Shot, Barrage, Black Arrow, Bursting Shot, Marked Shot, Multi-shot, Murder of Crows, Piercing Shot, Sidewinders, Volley, and Windburst damage increased by 8%.

Survival
Carve, Flanking Strike, Explosive Trap direct damage, Flanking Strike, Mongoose Bite, Raptor Strike damage increased by 7%.
Explosive Trap damage over time, Lacerate, and Serpent Sting damage increased by 12%.
Caltrops damage reduced by 10%.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.