Hati problems

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
somnomania
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Hati problems

Unread post by somnomania »

I don't recall this being a problem a month ago, but my sense of time is skewed. Defensive mode works as intended, with my pet and Hati staying put until the thing I'm shooting at gets close enough to hit me; I still have a macro that I remember to hit most of the time, that's just /petattack, and makes both of them run to attack whatever I have targeted.But assist mode for my pets leads to my regular pet running and attacking the thing I'm attacking, and Hati staying next to me and doing the same attacks as my regular pet, without being in range of anything. She stays near me and does Thunderstomp and Bite, and I'm guessing it doesn't have any effect on the mobs my regular pet is attacking. Only hitting the macro makes her go with my other pet in assist mode. I realize hitting a macro isn't super hard, but I'd rather have assist work as it's supposed to. I guess I could bind pet attack to Cobra Shot or something, but it's habit now to frequently switch targets, and I'm not sure I want my pets switching as well. Anyway, is anyone else having this issue with Hati?
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Re: Hati problems

Unread post by Rawr »

I've been having this problem sense launch, sadly. I put my pet on Defensive and macro all my main attacks to have /petattack in them. Even with that there are times I see Hati trying to run back to me mid fight. It's a real shame they didn't give us a second pet but instead we get a broken guardian. :| :mrgreen:

somnomania

Ugh. I also noticed Hati misbehaving in my ICC runs; she phases in and out after some bosses, gets stuck on the environment or occupies the same exact spot as my main pet, and when I was trying for the necrotic plague achievement, I had my pets parked on a specific spot, and on passive. But sometimes Hati would forget about the passive setting and go after Arthas, so I ended up having to try for it in SV spec so I didn't have to worry about my uncontrollable friend. :cry: It's too bad I've sunk way too much time and money into this broken game to stop. :lol:
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Yeah, I've been noticing Hati being even MORE stubborn about joining in the fun than he was even at the start of the expansion. Granted, the damage (or lack of it) is probably about the same because even though he would go to attack sooner before, he was too busy waddling to actually ever get there, but y'know :P I have /petattack macroed into Kill Command, which seemed like the best compromise between "possibility that Hati won't do ANYTHING" and "pets are swapping targets like mad and not actually in range to attack" given that I'm usually okay with my pets attacking anything I cast KC on, but it really isn't the best solution.

I'm also not really loving being an "oversized load" with a pet (that can pop eggs prior to and on Dresaron...) on either side of me, especially now that I've got a group that is willing to do higher keystones with me but understands I can't do Arcway or Vault of the Wardens. WTS Hati, going for peanuts and kibble, pst...
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

Xella wrote:I'm also not really loving being an "oversized load" with a pet (that can pop eggs prior to and on Dresaron...) on either side of me, especially now that I've got a group that is willing to do higher keystones with me but understands I can't do Arcway or Vault of the Wardens.
Out of curiosity why can't you do Arcway or Vault? I can understand Arcway if you don't have the rep...

And yes I feel like I want to yell "WIDE LOAD coming through!" trying to truck pets around raids and dungeons. If I'm unsure if my pets and I can all make it past something, I always dismiss them just in case.
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Xella »

I can't do Arcway or Vault because those two dungeons have a lot of abilities that use the camera effect that you see on a mage's invisibility (or the furbolg totem quest on Azuremyst Isle, for those of you who have leveled draenei). That camera effect makes me SUPER DUPER nauseous (to the point of actually, literally, physically vomiting at least six times since 7.0 dropped and the ability to turn it off was removed). Arcway's last boss has you run through the entire instance to get back to him while dodging things and killing things under that effect. Vault is a bit more lenient to some extent because even though there are (at least) two things that use that camera effect, one is interruptable (the Infester's Nightmares ability) and the other has precise timing that I can close my eyes for and cast concussive shot to get rid of, but on higher keystones it's much more likely that a) not every nightmares that may get cast on me can be interrupted or feigned, and b) Inquisitor what's-his-face will last long enough that I'll forget to close my eyes during a Sap Soul cast (or he'll teleport away before my concussive lands), just because everything has so much more health.

@WarcraftDevs said they would see about getting that particular camera effect bundled back into a CVAR, but I'm not sure if that's something that I have to wait for a patch for, or if that's happened on the 7.2 ptr yet, or where in the queue it is, so while there is potential hope in the future, there is none right now lol :x

(It's also why I'm even more terrified than usual that something will cause my guild to implode; Tichondrius' second phase (with the bats) ALSO uses that camera effect, which means that I won't be able to do mythic Tich progression (or farm, probably) until that fix goes into play. My current guild both understands that and is mostly willing to make allowances for it (though since we haven't actually STARTED Tich progression yet, that may change if we're at 19 people plus me one day due to absences :T); even getting accepted to trial for a new guild at around my current progression level with the caveat that I will never be available for Tich seems... unlikely at best :P If I was a more aggressive player and went for parses and such, maybe... but defensive and utility players don't shine on WarcraftLogs :P)
somnomania

Gross, that sucks a bunch. :( Now I'm extra glad I don't raid or do mythics, or dungeon at all unless forced to. I do need to grab a group for Arcway and whatever the other one is in Suramar, just to get these quests done so I can advance the story. That's just yet another thing that annoys me about this xpac, that I HAVE to dungeon to progress things. Honestly, the list of things that don't bother me about Legion is shorter, at this point
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Ahh I see... that really sucks. I find the effect you mentioned annoying but I can't imagine trying to do Arcway with that long run back to the boss if it physically affected me.

How are you handling Tichondrius on heroic, if you've done it (since you mentioned mythic progression I know with mythic you have to get the bat buff, but it's not required on heroic), just basically "sit out" during the bat phase or /follow on someone before it starts, and just not look until the phase is over?
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by Xella »

Yeah, that's pretty much what I'm doing. The few times we did it on normal I just closed my eyes and prayed that either the healers would keep me up if I was in a line, or that we wouldn't need me once the phase was over. Since we were all mythic EN/ToV geared I figured it wouldn't be a huge issue. Up 'til two weeks ago I was just flat out leaving the instance when Tich was on the menu and coming back afterwards, because people had to figure out how to do the fight, but the rest of the raid is now comfortable enough with it that I've just been standing in a corner with my eyes closed 'til I hear heroism pop and I know we're out of the phase again.

Since mythic doesn't flex I'll probably be sitting out that particular fight pretty permanently; I imagine if our priest can figure out how to grip me into an orb (he started practicing this week) I might get a farm kill at some point or if we start overgearing it and they can 19-man it after the first bat phase or whatever, but since I raid mythic for progression and not gear (beyond transmog and what I need to keep myself as competitive with my guildmates for raid spots as possible, anyway) that's not a very exciting prospect :(
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

It's still great that your team is willing to try and help out so you can participate (and that you're equally willing to sit if that's what's needed for them to progress). And yes if your team is somewhat geared by this point, it really isn't a requirement for everyone to get an orb on norm/heroic - it helps, but definitely not needed to down the boss.

I guess worry about the mythic "wall" when it comes up. It would actually be pretty cool if a priest could grip you at the perfect time but if not, well... maybe Bliz will get this fixed by then? Sigh... it's like I'd forgotten that screen glow had been added to the game and so when I got a new video card, it made the drunk haze effect really obnoxious, so I got an addon to get rid of the drunk haze, but that turned my screen glow back on, and... yeah, I just can't let my toons get drunk now because that glow hurts so bad.
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Man, that glow is the worst. I hate it. It's annoying because I was super excited to play WoW on a new PC. Bleargh.

I wish Hati would attack before I use kill command instead of staring intently at the mob.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!