Beast Lore as Marksman

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Beast Lore as Marksman

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

Is it intentional for mobs to aggro on you now when you cast Beast Lore on them as Marksman? This happened to me in raid the other night -- aggroed one of those crystal-turtle things in the Botanist's room in Nighthold, when checking to see if it was tameable. (Luckily, the warrior took the blame for it, said he mistakenly hit it, ha ha...) I don't aggro things while using Beast Lore in Beast Mastery or Survival spec. Can't recall this being a "feature" of Marksman in the past. :(
Shinryu Masaki
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Re: Beast Lore as Marksman

Unread post by Shinryu Masaki »

Do you have a trinket that procs an attack on skills used? They've been known to proc off of Tame Beast, so doing it with Beast Lore wouldn't surprise me at all.
ImageImage
s1ncer1ty
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Feathermoon

Unread post by s1ncer1ty »

Alas, no, my level 105 hunter doesn't have a trinket that procs any sort of attack. I did, however, see a post on the Blizz bug forum from another Marksman hunter, and I can confirm this from my own testing -- Beast Lore generated aggro when a weapon was equipped. The hunter in question tried equipping both Thas'dorah and an heirloom bow, and it aggroed the beast he/she was Beast Lore-ing. Without a weapon equipped, it left the beast alone. The original bug post is nine days old (honestly, no idea how long Blizz typically takes to respond to bugs), but I added my own experience to that post in the event it helps.

tl;dr, heads-up to MM hunters? :(
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Not sure if it's just MM to be honest. I've had Beast Lore put in me in combat as BM. I recall reporting it on the beta too, because at the time I remember it would make Hati and Rexxar start attacking just by using Beast Lore. Even on Live there's been a few times I've used Beast Lore and then the mobs wait a second and attack me. Certainly wasn't because of any trinket or random proc thing either. It's weird o_O