Useful Pet Utility Macros

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Useful Pet Utility Macros

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Hey folks!

I spent some time last night making/updating pet macros that make life easier. I apologize in advance for the formatting, which was intended for discord. I can smooth it out later today when I have time. I also apologize for info that is obvious to everyone here who is so familiar with pets as petopia; my explanations for each macro were intended for an audience less familiar with these things.

I hope these help somebody!

_**HELPFUL PET MACROS!**_
Note: when selecting an icon for each macro, pick the question mark.

_**Pet utility macro:**_

#showtooltip
/use [pet:spider/cat/carrion bird/tallstrider/scalehide/gorilla]Primal Rage;[pet:spirit beast/stag/lizard/toad/turtle/crab]Survival of the Fittest;[pet:hyena/dog/silithid/pterrordax/water strider,@player]Master's Call

(Replace family names with whatever you use. Primal rage is ferocity, survival of the fittest is tenacity, master’s call is cunning.)

_**Feed Pet/Mend Pet Macro (feeds out of combat, mends in combat) :**_

#showtooltip
/cast [combat] Mend Pet; [nocombat] Feed Pet
/use [pet:Cat/Spirit Beast/hyena/lizard/Spider/toad/dog/Raptor/silithid, nocombat] Honey-Glazed Ham; [pet:turtle/gorilla/crab/scalehide/stag/water strider, nocombat] Dried Mango

(Replace family names with whatever you use, and food names with whatever they eat. There are six food categories but I’ve found that all pet families eat either meat or fruit. Using just these two categories cuts down on macro length and bag space usage. You can find their diets on wow-Petopia.com . Honey glazed ham is sold by the innkeeper in Legerdemain lounge in Dalaran; dried mango is sold by the treant fruit vendor in Dalaran.)

_**Dismiss/Revive macro:**_

#showtooltip
/cast [@pet, dead] Revive Pet
/cast Dismiss Pet

(This will either dismiss or Rez your pet, depending on conditions. Useful if you have the feed pet macro above, because the feed pet macro replaces your pet utility button. There’s likely a way to fit a revive pet condition into feed pet macro, but this works just as well for me since I have dismiss bound anyway.)

_**Spirit Mend macro**_

#showtooltip
/cast [@mouseover,help][@player] Spirit Mend

This will select a mouseover target if it’s friendly, and if there is none, will default to you.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Re: Useful Pet Utility Macros

Unread post by Teigan »

Ah, yes! Thank you for sharing this!
Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I like this one better than the two separate ones:

#showtooltip
/use [pet:Cat/Spirit Beast/hyena/lizard/Spider/toad/dog/Raptor/silithid, nocombat] Honey-Glazed Ham; [pet:turtle/gorilla/crab/scalehide/stag/water strider, nocombat] Dried Mango

I always find Dismiss Pet attached to things annoying. :mrgreen:

Sarynotsorry
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Sarynotsorry »

Rawr wrote:I like this one better than the two separate ones:

#showtooltip

I always find Dismiss Pet attached to things annoying. :mrgreen:

Thank you!