WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Fri Apr 28, 2017 9:32 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:19 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Aman'Thul, Caelestrasz, Nagrand, Moon Guard
Rikaku wrote:
I think in regards to pet names, the only thing that bothers me is when people don't capitalize their pets properly. I mean overall, its a minor peeve, so I don't really care (people name your pets whatever you want XD). But it always makes me shake my head a bit when I see "biscuit" or "MUFFIN" as pet names, IDK why. Maybe it's because, in my crazy mind, I feel like whether you name the pet a silly or serious name, it's still a name. Why is it not capitalized right? XDD

Edit:
Rhyela wrote:
Stupid names bother me too, like a Loque named "Buttchewer" or whatever, but I think I'm even more irritated when the first letter of the name isn't capitalized. Proper nouns, people! :lol:

I totally didn't see this post before I posted mine, lol! Well at least I have some company then!

I'll third the capitalization of names peeve. Its a name right? Your pet deserves the same respect as your toon *nod* and atleast google the word to make sure it's spelt right geez - aren't we a grumpy lot haha!!!

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 11:16 am 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock
Oh my yes! The non capitalized name really irks me haha. I named my Loque Karma.......he is my main pvp pet haha.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 12:10 pm 
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

I hate offensive names and always report them and I also really hate when people come to where you're camping and take out the rare you are camping.. lol its rude people! quit that.

Unread postPosted: Wed Apr 19, 2017 3:03 pm 

So, I stood in Trueshot people watching for a while the other day. I didn't realize how many people give horrible names to pet. Like a rare named something like "Myballzitch" So, I have to join in with the chorus of "stupid names for pets, esp rares" Gods, I didn't realize how horrible so many hunters are! *facepalm*

Also, a good drinking game for hunters: take a drink every time you see a pet named "Shadow" ....though....Shadow is much better than alot of the names

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 5:26 am 
The Insane
The Insane

Adding my vote to the non-capitalized name peeve. It annoys me far more than it should. :D

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 1:12 pm 
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US
Wain wrote:
Adding my vote to the non-capitalized name peeve. It annoys me far more than it should. :D

This as well. >.< I'm a little surprised it doesn't just force a capitalized letter like player names.

» Flight Rising Lair

Unread postPosted: Thu Apr 20, 2017 10:55 pm 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil
I have a mostly full stable-I've cleared out about 3-4 slots for when I am able to tame feathermanes, but aside from that I have every pet that I want tamed for now. That said, I have at least 2-3 unnamed pets in my stable at the moment. Mostly they were impulse tames that I have not decided to keep or not yet-or they are pets that I wanted but I still have not found a name that I want to give them. I will run around for awhile using an unnamed pet just so that I can get a feel for it and try to decide what to call it. Right now I have the little impala-like stag that I am currently using today unnamed as I try to decide what to call her.

I've been playing since WOTLK on my that specific hunter always my main, and aside from the period in WOTLK where I was forced to play MM by my old guild-I've always been a BM, so I like to think I am competent enough? Sometimes a unnamed pet is just unnamed because we cant decide on it.

I'll second the too common names like Shadow (though my main toon is Shadé). Though I admit-I have a pet named Wolf (its the mechanical sheep because punny) and I just renamed my spectral griffin Varian today, because how could I not after the questline I did tonight?!

My biggest pet peeve in wow has to be pets that have visual glitches that never get fixed. I was super excited about the mechanical bunny, and was convinced that it was going to become one of my main rotation pets-but.... it's back legs pinwheel THROUGH its body when it is running and it drives me stark raving bonkers. That bunny is permanently stabled till that gets fixed-which I doubt it ever will. :(

Unread postPosted: Sun Apr 23, 2017 6:30 pm 

Realm: US - Ysera
Shade wrote:
That said, I have at least 2-3 unnamed pets in my stable at the moment. Mostly they were impulse tames that I have not decided to keep or not yet-or they are pets that I wanted but I still have not found a name that I want to give them. I will run around for awhile using an unnamed pet just so that I can get a feel for it and try to decide what to call it.

I do the same thing. Sometimes the name won't come to me immediately, so I have to see how it moves and fights and looks in different lighting conditions. I have a mana wyrm on Frieda that I finally found a name for, a few weeks after taming it. Almost abandoned it twice but couldn't quite let it go. Named it Geist, and now it's settling in nicely. :D

Signatures created by cowmuflage, Serenith, Vephriel, Bulletdance, pengupuff, TygerDarkstorm, Bhando and myself! (Floette avatar from Bulbapedia.)

Dragon Cave!

Slickrock wrote:
Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.

Unread postPosted: Mon Apr 24, 2017 1:09 am 
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Realm: EU Magtheridon
Joining the club of people shuddering at non-capitalized and offensive names :D

I also will admit to calling my pets by their NPC names if they're rare (Duskcoat, Arcturis, Sunwing etc.) because in this case to me it feels fitting, since they were, um, "living" under this name :D
At this moment, there are only two exceptions to the rule: Loque'nahak (renamed Frostbite) and Scarr (who became Nightaria).