Big quality of life improvement for BM coming in 7.2.5

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Big quality of life improvement for BM coming in 7.2.5

Unread post by Bendak »

Both Kill Command and Dire Frenzy will now have a 40 yard range! Target switching should be a breeze. No more waiting for your pet to slowly run across the boss room as you twiddle your thumbs. I was playing around with it a bit on PTR and it's pretty satisfying to rapidly move your pet across great distances. This is also an indirect DPS buff for any boss fight with a lot of target swapping.

Edit: Some more great changes coming in 7.2

- Original change to Wild Call on the PTR has been reverted.

- Dire Beast and Dire Frenzy have 2 charges baseline. :o The Mantle of Command will now increase the Wild Call proc chance.

- Aspect of the Wild will also reduce the GCD by 0.2s, allowing you to spend all that extra focus more easily

- Hati will now use Dash when your primary pet does
Last edited by Bendak on Sat Apr 29, 2017 3:12 pm, edited 1 time in total.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: Big quality of life improvement for BM coming in 7.2.5

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Does this include Hati by chance? #Pleaseohpleaseohplease

One of my biggest pet peeves is pushing kill command and my Main pet diving in and Hati not getting in his due to range/latency. Then after it's still limping along trying to get to the target, due to missing out on the dash component of the kill command.... it's soooo annoying :|

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Bendak
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind

Unread post by Bendak »

Hati is charging. Well, 9 times out of 10. Sometimes it just doesn't work for whatever reason. Worth noting that even if hati doesn't charge, his Kill Command damage is still dealt. In fact if your kill command one shots a mob, the pets won't charge at all.
Eyes of the Beast - My Hunter Blog
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

Bendak wrote:Hati is charging.

­
­
­
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master

I've become much more of a QOL player this expansion than any kind of DPS chaser (I just don't have the time to bleeding edge anymore), and the "out of range" component of DF did my head in so badly at the start of Legion (You mean I have to watch my pet slowly run to get in range to use my focus regen?!?!) I've used stomp builds nearly exclusively since.

I also quite liked being able to pull mobs on opposite sides of my range (Pets to the left of me, Dire Beasts to the right,
Here I am, stuck in the middle with Pew!)
Having flying and stomping Dire beasts for tagging/getting aggro, I've really come to like.

Even having just another target up for Mobs for randomly targeting abilities I quite like too (Sure Mr caster Demon, put that awful dot on my dire beast... sucker!)

That all said... this change, may just be enough for me to give DF a go. I never really wanted to be a "Zoomaster" visually (Two pets I can enjoy, or One pet and Dire Beasts, but all of them together at times seems really chaotic)
Very looking forward to trying this out.

­
­
­
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

I'd get rid of DB if I could. I feel like I HAVE to use only support champions because...for awhile I was running with Rexxar and I wasn't a player, I was a mob scene! Me, my pet, Hati, Rexxar, a bear, and sometimes something else? PLUS Dire Beast? Good cripes. It's just ridiculous.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I like the new lady elf companion better than Rezzar. She has a small mount (when we fly she is an owl), no pet, AoE traps, and a root she uses every time I engage something, also she is melee. :D :mrgreen:

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I wish she'd FD though. I've died because she just stands there while mobs wail on her and I'm feigned.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Can you swap her to support (vs bodyguard) in combat? I run her as pure support specifically because I can't stand bodyguards and more things to get in the way (of looting, of successful feigns and stealth, and so on). She's probably less useful that way but everything dies so fast it hardly matters.

But if you can swap her during combat, you could always do that in the same way you used to have to dismiss your pet before feigning. Means you still might die, though :x
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Nice!

I find it kind of odd she had a pet and then doesn't when she's your bodyguard. or is D'bynn just her mount? I might of missed that part lol

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

DID YOU SEE THE NEW POST. DB/DF WILL HAVE 2 BASELINE CHARGES.

To start, we are reverting all 7.2.5 changes we’ve made so far to how Wild Call triggers. Instead, Dire Beast and Dire Frenzy will have 2 charges baseline. The Mantle of Command (legendary shoulders that currently add +1 charge to Dire Beast/Dire Frenzy) will be changed to instead further increase the proc chance of Wild Call.

Overall, this will result in more Focus for all Beast Mastery Hunters, resulting in a more active rotation. Additionally, this gives all Beast Mastery Hunters access to a Dire Beast/Dire Frenzy with 2 charges playstyle that is more engaging and fun, allowing you to make decisions on when to use the buttons, instead of feeling like you should most often simply push them on cooldown.

We’ve been trying other iterations of changes surrounding Dire Beast/Dire Frenzy and Wild Call, including increasing Dire Beast/Dire Frenzy Focus generation or versions that avoided changing the legendary shoulders drastically, but ultimately reached the conclusion that giving 2 charges to the abilities baseline, which many of you have asked for, was the best change for the spec at the current time. We appreciate your patience while we try different iterations on PTR.

We are also making a few other less major changes to the spec in the next PTR patch, including:
Aspect of the Wild will reduce the global cooldowns of your damaging abilities by 0.2 seconds, allowing you to more reliably spend the Focus you’re generating while it's active, especially with Dire Beast/Dire Frenzy going off.
Kill Command and Dire Frenzy will cause your pet/Hati to charge up to 40 yds (up from 25 yds) to the target, matching the max range of your ranged abilities.
When your pet casts Dash, Hati will also gain Dash for the same duration.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

.... is this real? Please let this be real. oh please. Where is the blue post originally from?? I'm ready to scream with joy.

Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

OMG found the post. This is so awesome!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Haha yeah, it's real. I just cnp'd it from the link on MMOC.

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

http://blue.mmo-champion.com/topic/1059 ... es-in-725/ For anyone needing a link. Wow this is great I was really hoping they would finily change something to help out with the mandatory Legendary, slowpoke Hati, and DPSing lul (not lol). :D :headbang: :mrgreen:

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm so happy about this!

Oddly I already seem to do a lot more damage with my BM than I do with my enhancement shammy main, which indicates that either enhancement is REALLY bad, or I'm still simply not getting the spec in Legion. Probably the latter, but I find enhancement has become really lifeless and joyless to play in Legion :P
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I don't like it either, Wain. I admit I learned it in Cata but it's so weird now I don't even know what buttons I should be pushing or what rotation I should prioritize or what. At least Elem is basically Caster Flavor #4, which I can relate to.

Then again my rogue has been combat since the dawn of forever and in Legion I had to go Assassination because it's the only spec that even feels like 'rogue' to me. Outlaw is just... ugh. So random. So meh. Pirates=great, spec=guh.

SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Oh good! I was really questioning whether or not to level my hunter who has been my main since 09, or switch to DH. I really haven't been able to connect well with my hunter since all the big changes and one of the biggest most frustrating issues has been having to pitch a tent and wait for my pet to run across the room before i can do anything. Hopefully things will be more fluid now.

Miacoda
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Best. News. EVER.

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

Amyliz
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Amyliz »

This is the best news I've read in months!! I been ranting about it all morning!! I can't contain myself LOL. The rest of my family (who don't main hunters) think I have lost my mind! HAHA