hunter class mount and legionfall

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
muajin
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: argent dawn

hunter class mount and legionfall

Unread post by muajin »

Soo...we no longer need exalted status to get the class mount. All we need is the class mount and 52 trait level for the taming book?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: hunter class mount and legionfall

Unread post by Valnaaros »

And to complete the Legionfall campaign, but yes :)
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Do you mean get flying? I'm a little confused..you need the class mount to get the class mount? :? or am I not reading that right?

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

^he wants the book. Yes, the req for the book are: complete the leigonfall campaign, max out titanstrike, obtain the class mount, pay the required resources to the vendor.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Aaah ok that makes sense! Thanks :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Is 52 the max? Cause my hunter has 42 traits and nothing else to go into so kinda confused lol
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

You might not have done the questline that unlocks the other traits. To access it, you have to have all of the base traits filled (plus one point in the old 20 point trait), and get the quest from Khadgar at Deliverance Point that involves aiding the Kirin Tor in discovering one of the threats (Challenges). Once you complete this quest, the other traits will be unlocked.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Moved to Hunter Discussion.

I guess the removal of the rep requirement may help alts and people who don't farm for AP in current (Broken Shore) dailies. Otherwise I would think that mains are likely to end up Exalted with Legionfall long before they get the AP to max out their artifacts. I certainly am.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

sigh.... frig yah I see them now.. alot 3/4 and each cost 49 million.. frick me.. this AP stuff really sucks lol.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

If you're up-to-date with artifact research then you'll be getting AP tokens that are worth in the millions now, at least.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Wain wrote:If you're up-to-date with artifact research then you'll be getting AP tokens that are worth in the millions now, at least.
Yeah, I did some Brawl PVP yesterday and got one token by itself worth 10.3 mil AP? The Glory of the Melee tokens from Prestige 1+ are also pretty lucrative. I think they're about 3.2 mil AP for me as well. Mind you I'm at AK 33 at the moment.

I just got trait 49, so I should be finishing Titanstrike fairly soon (likely next 2.5 weeks). I get about 1 trait a week (sometimes nearly 2), depending on the AK and what bonus pops up from the weekly event and what building is up on Broken Shore. Those buildings can be super lucrative and helpful to finishing traits.

So while the numbers are huge, don't lose hope :) It actually starts speeding up pretty well with AK (but I do agree the AP/Artifact system can still nonethless be tiring @_@)

sasrei7
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter

Unread post by sasrei7 »

Mines only at 32 so around 1.3 million usually but still a huge time sink.. I do LFR and broken isles dailies so that helps.. kinda wish the old lfrs would give AP still.. oh well.. I uh didnt notice the extra stuff to put into BM and was putting my AP into my surv spec cause I wanted a different color mount lol. so crud muffin.. sigghhh legion sure is a time sink.. definately not so alt friendly your too busy on your main lol
Valfreya
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind, Blackrock

Unread post by Valfreya »

GAH and I just hit exalted last week..........lol......
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

I'm finding it really difficult to keep up with the Joneses on AP, even though I desperately want feathermanes (hippogryphs specifically). It's getting increasingly difficult to go back out into the world and do the AP quests, run a heroic, make sure I get a m+ every week, run raids without the hope of progression, etc.

I know it'll be there for when I get to it, and I know it's not technically a race, but… eurgh. I feel bad for leveling and playing alts and doing invasions (not on my hunter) because AP, and while AP is no longer directly tied to raid performance (because I'm not raiding and I'm not sure if I'm going to go back—the guild I'm hanging out in now raids at about the level my old guild did, but if I go back I want to go back at a higher level than the stasis I've been in, and I don't know that I can cut it in e.g. a top-250 US guild with the way I prefer to play) it's now tied to something I desperately want instead. Guilt for letting the team down replaced with guilt for not taking the short-term enjoyment hit for the long-term enjoyment ability (which, to be fair, is technically only a short-term enjoyment thing because I will get there eventually regardless).

I'm real glad about the rep thing, though—I hadn't realized that was a thing, and stopped mainlining Broken Shore WQs as soon as I picked up flying. (I was burning myself out pushing for it, and also Broken Shore is not aesthetically pleasing in any way, shape, or form so being there isn't very fun for me). I've got a little over 4k rep in rep tokens once Sunday and the DMF rolls around, and some amount of building mats for the same, but that still won't quite get me there. It'll be pretty close though, at least.
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Challenge mission token in my alt druid was about 20mil ap and I think she's 1 AK behind my hunter. My next rank on hunter is about 86mil. So not so bad. Still going to end up costing 500mil or whatever for that last point though but hopefully by then I'm getting twice as much ap as I am now. *impatient*
Novikova
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

My shaman is slowly catching up. Gravy is my new favorite food NPC in that class hall. I thought you only needed the first set of traits maxed out/selected for a weapon to count? I figured once I filled my BM weapon, I can work on the others for mount colors.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

From my understanding, "maxed out" means a level 52 Artifact. You essentially need to work towards and put one point in Concordance of Legionfall, which is the 7.2 "empowered" traits.

So once you have one artifact at 52, you can definitely begin to fill up the others to get 52 on them for the other mount colors/tome (depending on what spec you main). That's what I'm doing, since 52+ is essentially a "softcap" on the Artifacts.

But for strictly the class mount quest (the loyal wolfhawk all Hunter get), I believe you only need to complete the Legionfall Campaign (breaching the tomb achievement) and earn Legion flying.

Someone can correct me if I'm wrong xD I'm not 100% sure and hopefully I didn't make things worse, lol

Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

Bleah. Glad the brawl AP is pouring in, but it's kinda butts.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Pewmew
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: aegwynn

Unread post by Pewmew »

I'm at 48 and the next trait will cost me 247 million AP. (My AK is 34)
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Unread post by Rikaku »

Pewmew wrote:I'm at 48 and the next trait will cost me 247 million AP. (My AK is 34)
Yeah it certainly jumps up. I'm at AK 34 (35 in a few hours), just got trait 51 last night. So now I'm working towards Concordance of Legionfall rank 1 which costs a whopping 520 million AP @_@