Feltotem's Fall

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Rawr
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Feltotem's Fall

Unread post by Rawr »

I don't think it's possible to complete this without healing/bubbling legendaries as a BM Hunter. :| :mrgreen:

Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Re: Feltotem's Fall

Unread post by Quiv »

I tried it as BM (885) and it became clear its just going to be a matter of a little more gear for me. The healing pants are good but there is a bit of moving around, perhaps the bubble neck is better? I never really intended to get it until later in the xpac anyway, so by then I imagine I'll have what I need.

I do wonder if it will be possible without one of those specific legendaries. The only other way is for the hunter to be able to survive via mend pet/kill command healing. Aspect and Invig are just too long CD. Maybe once your HP gets so high, idk. Requiring a specific legendary feels lame to me, and with our current toolkit, I don't see it beatable without one or the other. I like the challenge, but I'm not too keen on the appearance personally.
Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

If you have Prydaz and Roots of Saladrassil the fight becomes trivial, like, the Worm can't damage you and you out heal his basic attacks. You still need to interrupt the Fel Burst as well as kite the worm in to the rocks, I also found that my Beast cleave was more then enough to deal with the Eggs. Also, don't Feign death, he will despawn, even if he is attacking your pet.
Tsundere

Unread post by Tsundere »

I came late to the game so my ilvl is still low but I had a lengthy talk with a hunter who did it at ilvl889 (well that was the ilvl they had on when I stopped them for a chat.)

Unsure if this will help others but their tips to me were:

> They need to be killed together BUT the worm needs to die before Tugar. Apparently both gain a buff when the other dies increasing damage and if the worm is left last then it's impossible to survive.
> Tugar is trappable and stunnable. He would often ice trap Tugar to just deal with the worm and eggs when the worm was reduced health he would swich back to Tugar then retrap to continue chipping at worm's health.
> avoid all stuff on ground and don't forget there is a bridge to a whole new section if the first platform is full of too much stuff and you need to cool your head a bit (haven't been in there so no idea what the two sections and bridge is or where it is sorry.)
> when Tugar is trapped priority is eggs then worm, when untrapped the priority is totem, eggs, worm, Tugar and interrupt Tugar when he casts his mighty felbolt as that one shots you.
> We have an arsenal of exotic pets with damage reducing skills like direhorns with reflective plating (unfortunately he was cagey AF about what pet he actually used so no dice there) but he did mention the direhorns, spirit beasts, corehounds and shale spiders.
> it's not a DPS race like other challenge bosses, this one is about CC and target priority.
> Keep in range of both bosses or there is an invisible damage which knocks you out. (EDIT: just thought of this when I was rereading this back, as I don't know how large both sections are, I find this contradicts the info they gave me about using platforms if you go out of range??? IDK)
> When Worm is burrowed, if health is low, trap tugar and use a bandage.
> move around, never stand still for long.

... so that's the notes I took, if they're useful or not is another story.

I did the green fire back in the day and there was a set rotation of events of when a certain boss or mob would do something so I tried to get him to tell me if there was a pattern like that (made it easier to have a notepad next to me in green fire so I could preempt the scenario) but he claimed it only took him three goes so he didn't have time to see a pattern only knew that to win we had to be vigilant with trapping and stunning tugar while focusing on burning the worm health until it was time to switch to burn down tugar.... again I would take that with a pinch of salt BUT if they did indeed do that all the more kudos to them.

Best of luck for those who are going to try it this round, it'll be a few more towers before I start (green fire taught me one big lesson, it was pretty challenging in current (back then) gear but became so much easier/smoother when people over geared, so that taught me to be patient and to over gear to make these things smoother.)
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

I have the roots, but not the prydaz. It's really unforgiving. And it figures day two I get sick. So far I've found making a weak auras warning about the fel cast and setting up two focus macros (with bad tauren dude as the focus) to interrupt as well as an ice trap has helped me a lot. I hit 886 when I swap to my roots pants, so I may just wait for a piece of gear or two since most folks are doing it at ~900.
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I read somewhere its a 890ilvl min but could be wrong (I'm thinking at 870 with no pants etc that it may be impossible). My mythic raiding healer friend tried to do hers and said it was near impossible! So I wouldn't be discouraged if you can't get it.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I gave this a go last night and failed epically (although I did last longer than I anticipated haha!!) At 100 shards a go (and the fact I need 8k for my legendary mat) I gave up after a few attempts. Besides it's probably not worth my effort for a weapon that spends 100% of its time moged as a bow XD

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Can we merge this with the existing thread?
Shadowkaizen
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring

Unread post by Shadowkaizen »

What forum is the main topic in? I can't find it.

Edit: Nvm just found it, I kept looking for a post with the same name haha.
The shadows are my ally...and so is that large wolf behind you.
Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

Pokcmvmxckm wrote:If you have Prydaz and Roots of Saladrassil the fight becomes trivial, like, the Worm can't damage you and you out heal his basic attacks. You still need to interrupt the Fel Burst as well as kite the worm in to the rocks, I also found that my Beast cleave was more then enough to deal with the Eggs. Also, don't Feign death, he will despawn, even if he is attacking your pet.
Well so much for thinking I'll be okay with just my legendary healing helm at 891....ffs wish they'd fix that.
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: WrA US

Unread post by Valka »

I'm a 903 BM Hunter, and can easily almost kill it. However I keep coming across a bug which is preventing me from finishing it. When Counter Shot is on cool-down we obviously have to use Intimidation, and about 80% of the time it works just fine. However, the other 20% (for me at least) I encounter a possible bug/possible lag issue, where Intimidation will be on CD (because I just used it), it seem's to have worked as the boss is stunned and no longer casting BUT my pet gets 1 shot by the Fell Blast, even though I can clearly see that it was interrupted. I have tried using Freezing Trap to interrupt him too, but the travel time of the trap just makes it unlikely to interrupt in time.

I am using the bubble necklace and healing pants too, so apart from this 1 issue, the fight is trivial. Hopefully (depending on what is actually wrong) the issue gets fixed or my imaginary lag sorts itself out.

Image Valka - Nagrand (US)

Xylexia
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Draenor

Unread post by Xylexia »

I just got Roots from legionfall recompense!!!
Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Valka »

I'm seriously about to cry I swear to god. I just finally completed this challenge, bosses dead, BUT THEN I DIE TO A MECHANIC THAT WAS STILL UP FOR SOME REASON AND DON'T GET CREDIT FOR DOING IT.

My own fault, I know... but I kind of just assumed the other trivial mechanics would de-spawn once I had the bosses down.

Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Valka »

Also some tips:

1. My pet died at about 70-80 percent and I had agro as other people have said BUT the pet gained agro back at around 40-50%, so it seems they can get agro again but it takes a while.

2. Make sure to kill all the little worms at about 5% because apparently they can god damn kill you after you kill the bosses and you lose credit for doing the entire thing.

Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Valka »

I did it a second time and managed to have it not kill me at the end.

Valka
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter

Unread post by Valka »

Sorry for kind of spamming, one last thing to motivate you all towards your goal 8-)

Daetur
Realm: US- Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Daetur »

Ilvl 900; 4 piece Tier set.
Key Talents: Intimidation, Aspect of the Beast.
Pet: Tenacity turtle, but frankly, I think Shell Shield was overkill. Could use a Spirit Beast for healing or a Bloodlust pet if you don't want to buy Drums.
Legendaries: The Shadow Hunter's Voodoo Mask; Prydaz, Xavaric's Magnum Opus
If you do not have a healing Legendary, you may need to DPS the worm some before killing Tugar in order to avoid being in the worm's enraged phase for as long a period of time, and taking any avoidable damage will be much less forgiving.
Interrupts needed: Counter Shot only for Fel Burst. Intimidation and Freezing Trap can be used for the final burn to reduce damage from the worm.

DPS wasn't an issue on this fight- so I found it much simpler to use a set up that allowed my pet to soak every other Fel Burst rather than relying on Freezing Trap to interrupt it- less room for error, and it should make the challenge more accessible to hunters with slower reflexes or trap targeting. I had no trouble keeping my pet alive by simply keeping Mend Pet up, so MD was easily saved to mitigate Fel Burst.

To deal with Fel Burst, set Tugar as your Focus target, and make yourself a Counter Shot macro, and a Misdirection macro.

Code: Select all

#showtooltip Counter Shot
/cast [@Focus] Counter Shot

#showtooltip Misdirection
/cast [@pet] Misdirection
The idea is to Counter Shot every other Fel Burst, and use the Artifact Trait's 35% damage reduction bonus from Misdirecting your pet with the 30% damage reduction from Aspect of the Beast Kill Commands with your Tenacity pet to soak the ones you don't interrupt.

Additionally, killing the Fel Surge Totems can be nearly automated by replacing your normal Cobra Shot with a macro that will simply target the totem and cast your Cobra Shot at it if one is up.

#showtoolip Cobra Shot
/target Fel Surge Totem
/cast Cobra Shot
The rest of the fight plays out the same as other strats recommend:
  • Don't stand in shit
  • Interrupt or soak Fel Burst
  • Kill the Fel Surge Totem
  • Kite the charge into rocks
  • Kill the eggs/little worms
  • Kill Tugar
  • Kill worm while using Aspect of the Turtle, Intimidate, and Freezing Trap to mitigate the enraged Sonic Screeches
  • Enjoy Snakegun
Do note that, if you use the Voodoo mask for healing, there have been some reports about it resetting the fight- but some of these reports were not specific about which hunter challenge the hunter was doing, and may have been regarding MM with Lone Wolf. I did not have any issues with FD across my handful of attempts- but be aware that this could occur.
jmaster299

Unread post by jmaster299 »

Did it back on the 14th, just after the Mage Tower was up for the second time. Used healing legs and legendary rings, felt the ring was far more useful in the long run of the fight than the shoulders as it allowed me to have a pet in the tanking spec with the full damage from the DPS spec, plus the extra 5% bonus damage. I used a Turtle as my pet and found using his shield ability worked better than relying on Freezing Trap as a 3rd interrupt.

There were times when you would still need to interrupt when both Counter Shot and Intimidation are on CD, due to the 1 min CD on Intimidation. So that requires a 3rd interrupt to mix into the rotation. But I found Freezing Trap to not be reliable because it doesn't like to let you even just select it and start to aim it until the GCD is over and it requires travel and activation time. But popping the turtle shield on my pet is instant and lasts for like 12 seconds, so it doesn't just reduce the damage from that one big hit. You take zero damage from the cast, so long as he's targeting your pet, so I found this made things much easier to deal with.

That allows you to then cast freezing trap on the worm when you get the chance during the main part of the fight to reduce some of the AoE damage coming in. They also finally allowed us to add our pet abilities to our primary action bars now, so using your pet's shield so it survives the cast is just the same as keybinding any other spell. When you get to the final phase and you're just fighting the worm, you will need to use Freezing Trap to interrupt as many screams as possible, as they can only be stopped via stuns. So Intimidation and Freezing Trap. Even with the healing legs it was very close, I had to use Exhilaration, Aspect of the Turtle and a healing potion.

But the fight is very doable without double healing legendaries, so there is zero reason to be using the mask if you have the legs. It's also not a race, which means Focus is not an issue, so I really think the ring beats the shoulders as it's best to have our pet as strong as possible for this fight. It's not like you're going to have time to perfectly manage you DF stacks either.

I used the normal single target talent build and was ilvl 906 with that specific gear equipped. Used Agi flask, Augment Rune, Mastery Food and Drums.
WotC
Dire Frenzy
Posthaste
Beastial Fury
Intimidation
AMoC
KC
Beru
Realm: EU(DE)Antonidas

Unread post by Beru »

Greetings, long time lurker here, finally got the courage to contribute to this forum :S

Did this achievement on the 23rd of this month.

iLV: 892
Weapon: iLV 916, 43 Traits
Legendaries: Prydaz & Apex
Pets: Spiritbeast for the Heal
Talents: 21X3313

Tips:
• Don't be discouraged if you fail to one or even two Fel Burst casts! As long as your Pet survives you can mostly Heal it up back to 100% before the next Fel Burst Cast. Take use of Exhilaration, keep Pet Heal on CD after a failed Fel Burst interrupt, you can even use Gift of the Naaru on your Pet (as a Draenei), take use of Last Stand Ability (Tenacity) if you can't interrupt Fel Burst, take use of Misdisrection if you can't interrupt Fel Burst (35% less DMG taken on Pet).
• I only used Frost Trap right before Tugar ended his Earthquake Ability because thats a phase where you have to deal with a lot shit - worms, kiting and addtionally a Fel Burst Cast. So keep Tugar trapped for the full duration and concentrate on killing the eggs/worms while running from Jormog.
• Try using Spirit Mend only on yourself if you drop to low, throw in a Health Pot and don't forget Pre Pot/second Pot & Drums

Anything else was already greatly explained in here. Therefore again, don't be discouraged if you don't play it perfectly, there's quiet a room to get back on feets in case of failing (unless other Challenges).
At my Kill, my Pet even died and could not get Aggro back but Tugar was around 20% so I had to interrupt him only twice, his melee hits don't really hurt. If you kill Tugar, Jormog is just a joke - it has around 65mil HP and his only hard hitting ability is Sonic Scream, so you only need to interrupt this ability.

Good Luck to anyone who's trying!
Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

880 ilvl, artifact level 37, BM as off-spec (main MM) - so lots of Critical Strike (and an embarrassing amount of Versatility), and relatively little mastery and haste (72% and 12% respectively). Although my bad luck in terms of DPS legendaries played a good role here - I had both the healing legs and Prydaz.

Dire Stable - Dire Frenzy - Posthaste - Bestial Fury - Intimidation - A Murder of Crows - Killer Cobra.

Used Ferocity-specced turtle. When I couldn't interrupt Turog due to cooldowns / positioning, I used the following macro:

#showtooltip Shell Shield
/cast shell shield
/target turtle
/cast misdirection
/targetlasttarget

Stacks up the absorb from the turtle's shell shield + the one given by Hunter's Advantage trait in the artifact. Pet usually dropped to about half health and I had enough time to heal him up to full before the next cast. Another interesting thing is that Devilsaur's Bite (trinket from Su'esh quest in Suramar) can stun both Turog and the worm. Everything else, like macros for interrupts and totems, was explained before :D