Survival Hunter - Closing the Eye

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
marzix
Realm: Hellscream

Survival Hunter - Closing the Eye

Unread post by marzix »

I've tried 30 some times, starting since I was ilvl 895 or so and Survival (at the time was my main spec) until now when my ilvl is currently at 929-932 depending on gear I have equipped for Survival. I just cannot kill the adds on the Xylem fight before they either get into the shadow or before they reach him. I bloodlust, throw down traps, stack up some mongoose for a fury, use the sticky bomb on the front most one, but I just can't kill them, not even the first set. I've watch a dozen or more videos of other hunters killing him with 890-905 ilvl and they spend so much less time killing those adds than me and I don't get why. Almost all of them are using the same Call of the Wild bracers I am with Roots of Shaladrassil or the Voodoo mask or Prydaz, which don't really add any dps, and I have alternated using the Soul of the Huntmaster and the Voodoo mask. (Next few attempts will try Sephuz instead and use the 4pc Tomb set, even though I lose 10 ilvls from using the Wildstalker set). Now I have my gear mostly set for favoring Mastery for my Marks and BM specs like enchants and gems, but losing 2% haste for mastery can't be that big of a deal.
marzix

Re: Survival Hunter - Closing the Eye

Unread post by marzix »

2 attempts later, I finally for the first time killed all 3 adds the first time, but then only was able to kill 1 the 2nd time, he healed like 40% and I just left the instance. I notice in all the videos I watch people place the sticky trap down before the adds spawn and they all spawn on the sticky area, but I did not have such luck, 1 of them on the 2nd attempt spawned outside the area and I still couldn't get down the 2 while ignoring the 3rd. Boss was at 75% or so even after 40% heals, I would probably only have 2 adds spawning my ilvl/dps is so high otherwise, but just can't kill those adds.
marzix

Re: Survival Hunter - Closing the Eye

Unread post by marzix »

This has got to be the most infuriating thing ever. I had almost no trouble with the MM one when I finally got around to doing it around 915 ilvl and I got the BM one dones around 908 ilvl or so, but this one just seems so much harder, I cannot kill those damn voidwalkers in time. Nothing I do works. I try single targetting them down, nothing, I try aoe them down, nothing. Nothing works, he heals, then at that point I can't kill him fast enough. I get him to sub 60% lusting, try lusting during the adds spawning works once, but then i am wasting time running around and not blowing him up and doesn't help me get the 2nd set of adds down at all.