Tier 21 4pieces

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Nightdra
Realm: Exodar (EU)

Tier 21 4pieces

Unread post by Nightdra »

Hello everyone!
I hope I put the post in the right place, I'm new in this :? .....

I would like to comment that I read the guide "icy-veins" and I was surprised that say the 4 pieces of tier 21 should be put only if they were from Antorus-Mythical.
I quote verbatim
"
The Antorus Tier 21 set bonuses are generally underwhelming, especially the 4pc bonus, but you will generally want at least 2 pieces of it. You will most likely not be swapping to Tier 21 4pc until you have a full set of Mythic Antorus Tier gear.
"

Most pieces of my equipment are from Antorus- Normal.
I would like to know your opinion about this, since I really do not know if I should have put the 4 pieces or change them.

Thanks a lot!
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Re: Tier 21 4pieces

Unread post by Vephriel »

Yeah, it's one of the reasons I'm looking forward to them getting rid of tier bonuses next expansion. :/ The 4 piece from ToS is so good it eclipses a lot of other gear.

My character is still stuck with 915 pieces in those slots because they sim so much better. T_T If you're not raiding you probably won't have to worry about it, but if you're concerned about getting the most dps you can I'd recommend doing personal sims to figure out what gear performs best for you, it's going to vary for every player.
Nightdra

I see...
Well, I want to do mytic + (at least until 15, before Legion ends) and I wanted to go to Antorus Heroic (only for the mount :lol: )
But for now the sims have told me to put the 4 pieces, but I don't know if they say it because they are really better for me, or simply because they know there is a bonus and therefore they prioritize it.
The truth is that I don't have any pieces from the other tiers (19, 20) :? , so I don't know if the other tiers would go better for me
peanutbuttercup
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by peanutbuttercup »

1) If you have NO previous tier pieces, Tier 21 set of any ilevel will outperform gear pieces of same ilevel, period.

2) Earlier on the same page on icy-veins, it says: "Despite Tier 21 raid items occupying this Best in Slot list, if you have a full set of Mythic Tier 20 gear already, it is unlikely that you will be replacing this until you have a mostly full Mythic set of Tier 21 gear." and later on they say that " good Titanforges on items from that era (Tier 19) they could still be worth using." You need to take ilvl into account on all these sets. I personally replaced my heroic/mythic mix Tier 20 4-piece with 2-piece + heroic Tier 21 2-piece, then entirely with heroic Tier 21 4-piece as soon as I got it. Tier 21 might not have a great set bonus but the bonus plus the ilevel difference is enough to make it worth replacing the previous tier, in my opinion.
Nightdra

Oh, I understand.
I Will continue with 4pieces of T21
Thanks all :)