#Hunters4Hati

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: #Hunters4Hati

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Aye, we can farm most of the skins after Legion. The exception are the Challenge skins (unless you earned the base skin), and the 15+ tint for the Balance of Power skin. It's possible that they'll change it so that you don't need the weapon in order to do that. However, a thought that just came to me: what about those that are lvling through Legion? Those that do the quests to acquire their Artifacts? If the Artifacts themselves are removed, that would take away from the experience for those who haven't played through Legion.

Do bear in mind, Iowa, that it may be a bit difficult to lvl through BfA with Titanstrike. I highly doubt that Artifacts will keep any of their traits. In fact, I'm pretty sure that they said somewhere that traits would either be removed, made into passives, or made into baseline abilities or talents.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Valnaaros wrote:Aye, we can farm most of the skins after Legion. The exception are the Challenge skins (unless you earned the base skin), and the 15+ tint for the Balance of Power skin. It's possible that they'll change it so that you don't need the weapon in order to do that. However, a thought that just came to me: what about those that are lvling through Legion? Those that do the quests to acquire their Artifacts? If the Artifacts themselves are removed, that would take away from the experience for those who haven't played through Legion.

Do bear in mind, Iowa, that it may be a bit difficult to lvl through BfA with Titanstrike. I highly doubt that Artifacts will keep any of their traits. In fact, I'm pretty sure that they said somewhere that traits would either be removed, made into passives, or made into baseline abilities or talents.
I know it would be a pain to level in BFA with Titanstrike but what the heck right in honor of the best in my opinion gun in all Azeroth figured see how far I can get before switching to the "other" weapons and ya I had the same thought for those leveling new alts or even new players just starting out I hope at least they let them do the artifact questline even with traits gone.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

I think getting to keep hati would be cool but they might give us something even better with the new expansion...maybe the ability to tame a second pet that always remains out or call another from our stable? Don't cling to the old just yet when something better might be on the horizon :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I wish you the best in that challenge, Iowa :)

@Castile I can see that happening. There are issues with Hati, but hopefully they can resolve them and make having a second pet a much better experience :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I started a Save Hati request thread here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759638165#1

Please post in support, I think they need the feedback to justify doing something :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Wain wrote:I started a Save Hati request thread here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/topic/20759638165#1

Please post in support, I think they need the feedback to justify doing something :)
I added my support for our lovable mutt but be warned the Hati haters will come out of the woodwork and derail your thread they did it to mine.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Posted in support, but there's some hate already. There's a reason we can't have nice things...
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I've also posted. Aye, I've seen the hate already, and sadly not surprised. There are a lot of people that either don't like Hati or don't like BM having two pets.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I'm keeping out of it on battlenet, but I'm one of the people that doesn't like two pets. I hope if BM has two pets going forward, that there will be a way to opt out.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks for your support :)

The haters have been minimal so far. I can understand people being frustrated with the follower / bodyguard mechanics in Legion, and they have been pretty frustrating at times, but a few seem to have trouble understanding (and probably didn't have the attention span to read) that I'm not asking for Hati to remain as the second pet mechanic like he is now.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think it is just because, to many, Hati = Second Pet.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

I think the Hati pups option at Trueshot Lodge is the most joyful solution.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Likewise :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Wowhead has now got on board and written up their own news item, referencing the forum thread. It got a lot of publicity for us very quickly.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Wain wrote:Wowhead has now got on board and written up their own news item, referencing the forum thread. It got a lot of publicity for us very quickly.
Hopefully this gets Blizzards attention seeing how many of us really want to save the lovable mutt.

I would do anything to keep him and his dorkiness by my side forever.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Oh! This should be helpful! That's very cool :D
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm surprised they did that. Glad it is catching on :)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

More #hunters4hati, #savehati...catches on more chance we have of not losing him entirely as I said elsewhere I would be just as happy as having him as a spirit beast like Gara quest just anything to keep my dork lol yes Hati is my dork but I want him to stay.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I don't think that we would lose Hati, it's just a matter of how he'll continue forward. Will he become a toy or spell that we can use to summon him? Will he be a glyph? Will he be a rare somewhere in the world? Will we be able to tame his pups?
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I have been reading Wain's thread and upvoting anyone saying save Hati or keep Hati somehow hoping enough upvotes on certain posts gets more attention and not ignored.