#Hunters4Hati

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Re: #Hunters4Hati

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I know on the WOW forums I have been bashing Blizzard and BFA due to losing Titanstrike and maybe Hati but will compromise here we get to keep Hati someway, shape or form I will not only preorder BFA but cease and desist complaining losing my gun this is how bad I want Hati.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

The #savehati topic has exploded and really taking off which is a good sign since topics this big have a better chance of being noticed I feel those who like him have a good shot at keeping him and there were lot of ideas such as make a talent to have one or two pets so those who liked having a single pet can go back to that way if they choose.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Iowawolf wrote:The #savehati topic has exploded and really taking off which is a good sign since topics this big have a better chance of being noticed I feel those who like him have a good shot at keeping him and there were lot of ideas such as make a talent to have one or two pets so those who liked having a single pet can go back to that way if they choose.
The OP now has 310 likes, and 18 pages of replies. This is way beyond anything I ever imagined :) Since a couple of nice devs suggested we do this I'm sure they're watching. Hopefully their managers are too, and will authorize something to be done :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

My attention was brought to this thread from a post on Wowhead. Awesome to see the traction!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It is amazing :D
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

wowhead comment wrote:The problem is, Wain THINKS he wants to keep Hati, but Ion knows he really doesn't.
Made me chuckle :)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

There is now a thread on the hunter forums asking to save Hati but damn is it toxic so many are saying Hati needs to die and whatnot guess they didn't read the one Wain made on the PTR one its a good thing he put his on this one and not the cesspool of the hunters one.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

There are so many people that just don't seem to grasp the concept. >_< I guess for non-hunter classes they just assume we mean we want the secondary pet and artifact bonuses, when really it's more of a plea to have some way to retain the wolf itself, even as just an ordinary tamed pet.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Vephriel wrote:There are so many people that just don't seem to grasp the concept. >_< I guess for non-hunter classes they just assume we mean we want the secondary pet and artifact bonuses, when really it's more of a plea to have some way to retain the wolf itself, even as just an ordinary tamed pet.
Exactly this is all those of us who want to #savehati really want is to have the wolf in our stable somehow not caring if we go back to one pet or not even hunters in their own forums are not grasping this concept they only want to kill him.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

As nice as it would be to have him as a pet, if the only option is to send him home, I'm ok with that. I just don't want him dead or way, way worse, corrupted. I worry that Blizz would do something awful with the possibility of corrupting the artifacts. If they are in fact corrupted by draining the power from the sword, which I find likely, and each class and spec gets a unique way to deal with that based on the weapon....well....what if they decide to turn Hati against us, and make us fight and kill him? It would give a sick, horrible symmetry to the arc of his story, and Blizz is always of the "in order to save it, we have to destroy it" mindset.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

"Astounding that so many people have completely failed to understand what this is about! It's not about keeping Hati as a second pet, it's simply about saving Hati from instant death when Titanstrike is drained along with all the other artifacts. Whether Hati is returned to Thorim, spends his days wandering around the Hunter Order Hall, made available for hunters to tame, or whatever else is being suggested are some of the choices for Blizzard to consider, just so long as they provide a way for Hati to survive and live out his days! Others have tried to point this out but still there are some who are failing to comprehend what the intent of the petition actually is! Instead we've got complaints about Hati having broken AI, complaints about not liking being forced to have a second pet and other complaints that aren't even about Hati!"

Comment from the Wowhead article about our cause and why we want to #savehati.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

/signed!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

GormanGhaste wrote:
wowhead comment wrote:The problem is, Wain THINKS he wants to keep Hati, but Ion knows he really doesn't.
Made me chuckle :)
:lol: :lol: :lol:
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

464 posts and going strong who would have thought our lovable lightning wolf was this well liked with all those in the hunter forums bitching and moaning about his ai or his this or that now to see this many players coming forward to say yes #savehati.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

It goes to show how much players will love a beautiful or sad story development, regardless of issues with game mechanics, and that most people can separate the two.

I saw someone chime in purely to bitch that he wished we cared that much about the depletion of the Hunter class in Legion. He clearly didn't pay attention to the anger during beta, or realize that we eventually had to face that it was a lost cause (for this expansion at least).
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Wain wrote:It goes to show how much players will love a beautiful or sad story development, regardless of issues with game mechanics, and that most people can separate the two.

I saw someone chime in purely to bitch that he wished we cared that much about the depletion of the Hunter class in Legion. He clearly didn't pay attention to the anger during beta, or realize that we eventually had to face that it was a lost cause (for this expansion at least).
With all the likes this is getting I am hoping this isn't a lost cause but ya his story is sad and poor devolpment we hunters do get attached to our pets even non hunters are saying save Hati they know that losing Hati is a bad move on Blizzard.

At least this topic is getting more attention then ones on hunter forums where most the bitching is going on about poor Hati and his stupid bad ai granted I love my lightning wolf but he did annoy me a lot and I wanted to send him to his corner but to lose him just like that no send off or not knowing what will become of him breaks my heart.

I even have given up on wanting my gun back now it is all #Hunters4Hati and #SaveHati.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Had an interesting idea for like a Gara type quest where those who want Hati can tame him while those who don't can ignore it.

After Legion and Titanstrike is no more the dude in Storm Peaks the guy we got the gun from tells us that when Titanstrike was drained Hatis essence was flung all over Azeroth with the power of the explosion and if we choose to accept the quest we are tasked with traveling around BFA zones to find and procure these essences.

Some could be in raids or dungeons or from world quests heck even have us go back in time so to speak like to Pandaria and defeat the Sha in Kun Lai to get an essence however Blizzard wants to do it yet the end reward is like the Gara chain where we fight some bad guy and after defeating him we see like a ghost Hati lying there almost dead cause he is so weak from leaving our gun the only way to save him is to tame him which returns the essences to him and he becomes our own pet again make him a spirit beast.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Wow 500 posts I never thought I would see a Hati saving thread get this high too bad the last post was someone saying they hated him but if the Devs were to look at it and see how many upvotes the posts saying #SaveHati got compared to ones saying otherwise I would think they would go with the majority here which surprising is to save our lovable mutt.

Maybe we should try and get more post counts added so we can continue our crusade.