#Hunters4Hati

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

#Hunters4Hati

Unread post by Iowawolf »

I say those of us who liked this lovable mutt start trending #hunters4hati to voice our displeasure over losing Titanstrike for some worthless piece of crap weapon and Hati.

Maybe if enough hunters or anyone who liked Hati helped get this trending Blizzard may reverse their decision and allow us to keep our weapons if we choose if you want to get rid of it be my guest.

I still say give us a quest with the choice to do what we want with it.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: #Hunters4Hati

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Blizz hasn't actually said or shown what will happen to Hati in particular. Yes, we're losing Titanstrike, but we've known that since Legion launched. Chances are, Blizz will find some way to allow us to keep Hati. They may give us a toy that allows us to make our pets look like Hati, or they may place tamable pets somewhere that use the different appearances of Hati. Could place the pups of Hati on the peak next to Trueshot Lodge (my personal favorite idea).

Also, just for some clarification, we are only losing the Artifacts lorewise. In gameplay, they aren't going away. Blizz has said we'll be able to continue to have them, but they will be replaced by BfA weapons.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Also, just for some clarification, we are only losing the Artifacts lorewise. In gameplay, they aren't going away. Blizz has said we'll be able to continue to have them, but they will be replaced by BfA weapons.
Ok let me get this straight we are not really losing our artifacts in game so I can still run around with Titanstrike if I choose I am confused sorry as I always thought they were getting ripped away from us in game for those boring weapons.

I do know we can still farm skins for them.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Exactly. We'll be keeping the actual weapon. Lorewise, they will be destroyed or corrupted. But in game, we can still actually keep them and use them if we so choose. Of course, they won't compare to the BfA weapons, but as of right now, Blizz has no intention on completely removing the Artifacts :)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Exactly. We'll be keeping the actual weapon. Lorewise, they will be destroyed or corrupted. But in game, we can still actually keep them and use them if we so choose. Of course, they won't compare to the BfA weapons, but as of right now, Blizz has no intention on completely removing the Artifacts :)
Ok this may sound weird but again sorry just trying to understand you are saying in game I keep Titanstrike though not as powerful as a BFA weapon and may get things taken out but I could possibly play through BFA with it?

Sorry another question you said we lose them lorewise but in game we keep them what about say Hati is he still gone even if we stay Legion locked never buying BFA.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No worries! Yes, you can keep Titanstrike and, if you really wanted to, you could play through BfA with it.

We don't know what exactly will be happening with Hati. Hati may end up dying, but we may be able to tame, say, his pups and thus be able to keep this appearance.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:No worries! Yes, you can keep Titanstrike and, if you really wanted to, you could play through BfA with it.

We don't know what exactly will be happening with Hati. Hati may end up dying, but we may be able to tame, say, his pups and thus be able to keep this appearance.
Thank you for answering my questions helped a lot now I don't feel so bad knowing I keep my awesome gun though be less powerful still keep my gun as for Hati as you said I hope they give his pups at least to us BM hunters.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Happy to help! I'm sure they'll do something for us :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Oh I had thought the weapon was destroyed. But regardless it would be nice if there was some story reason that Hati gets saved / backed up to some other item or something. I brought this up on Twitter recently and got a reply:

I keep meaning to start a forum thread on it.
Attachments
DC14D151-E5DA-4B27-93B5-AA67DA3063AB.png
DC14D151-E5DA-4B27-93B5-AA67DA3063AB.png (390.22 KiB) Viewed 1565 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Sigh. I typed up a long post about this for the 7.3.5 discussion forum on my iPad. Hit submit and it just... vanished. I don’t have time to create it all from scratch right now :(
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is believed they'll either be destroyed or corrupted. Some (including myself) are hoping for a bit more for some of them. For example, the sentient weapons (Xal'atath, Man'ari, and Aluneth) should get a better send off. Perhaps they survive the ordeal so that we can see them in the future.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

If I may, I watched a video earlier today which stated that the artifact weapons are used to 'contain' the corruption of the sword in Silithus, essentially harbouring the corruption. What this means for Hati, I'm uncertain, but considering that we'd be filling what are essentially the most powerful weapons Azeroth has to offer with dark titanic energy, it's not going to be good. I've got faith that it won't be a matter of 'oops, the weapons are corrupt, they need to be destroyed', and that there will be some form of unique story for every weapon. Some, like Xal'atath and Titanstrike, with sentient beings attached to them, are no doubt already being considered for what might happen. Hopefully, anyway. I'm really hoping it isn't an anticlimactic send-off.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

The weapons are going to be corrupted with the energy from Sargeras's sword, as far as I know. This makes me really uncomfortable.

Edit: Yep, what the above poster said, hehe. Didn't see your post before I replied
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Aye. It is known that they will be corrupted, but not what we do eith them afterwards. We may destroy them, or perhaps store them away until we can find a way to somehow purify them. We'll have to see.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:Aye. It is known that they will be corrupted, but not what we do eith them afterwards. We may destroy them, or perhaps store them away until we can find a way to somehow purify them. We'll have to see.
Is this still lorewise or now an in game thing cause I am planning on blowing through BFA with only Titanstrike ignoring those "other" weapons selling them for gold also I did make this topic on the troll errr hunter forums and all I got was spamming saying Hati needed to die.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

It's not "in" yet. It's half speculation, half confirmed, that will be coming in the future. But artifacts will definitely be gone for BFA, in some way. They'll still "exist" but, from what I gather they will not be something you want to keep using
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Teigan wrote:It's not "in" yet. It's half speculation, half confirmed, that will be coming in the future. But artifacts will definitely be gone for BFA, in some way. They'll still "exist" but, from what I gather they will not be something you want to keep using
Exactly. In lore, the weapons will be corrupted. We know that. We don't know what will happen after that. They could be destroyed or stored away somewhere. We just don't know yet and won't know till it actually happens, since there is a cinematic attached to it.

But that is just within the lore. Gameplay-wise, you can keep the Artifact forever. If you so choose, you can use it in BfA. What we don't know yet is whether the Artifacts will still have their unique abilities: Thas'dorah's Windburst, Talonclaw's Fury of the Eagle, etc. etc. I know that some Artifact abilities are being made into talents, such as Elemental's Stormkeeper. So, you'll be able to keep using your Artifact, but it may be little more than a basic weapon with basic stats and absolutely no traits. Bear in mind, this is speculation and we probably won't know anything concrete until the BfA Beta.
Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Hmm, just to err on the side of caution, I wouldn't completely rule out having the physical item taken away or replaced somehow. It's just...the way they've talked about them all expansion and having to give them up at the end really makes it sound like they don't want us hanging onto them for various reasons, and that they have something in mind (even if it's just granting us with a different weapon at the very end so that we have something to go into BfA with).

It still feels too early to be certain either way.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I believe they said in some interview somewhere that we can keep the actual weapon post Legion, but we don't know what exactly will happen to it after we use it to absorb the corruption of Sargeras' sword. This answer we'll only get after we actually go through this event, since telling us much more may give us more spoilers.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

I believe we can still farm skins after Legion so my question is without the actual weapon how are we going to do that cause don't we need the weapon or will they magically appear I am in the boat of keeping the physical weapon so I can go blasting through BFA with only Titanstrike and yes I will do just that.