Is it just me or... (Multishot)

Everything Hunter-related, except pets.
Forum rules
Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete forum rules.
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Is it just me or... (Multishot)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I get the impression that Multishot has been nerfed lately.

I've noticed that my main target in a group takes a relative amount of damage, but that any surrounding mobs supposedly hit by my Mulitshot are coming toward me with almost no visible damage.

I soloed a few Draenor dungeons yesterday and today, and this was more and more evident as I really looked at the health bars of the mobs I was attacking. my "focus" (the one I had aimed at) took a chunk of damage from my Multishot, but the 2 or 3 other mobs with its group took next to no damage.

I don't remember Multishot being like this.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Re: Is it just me or... (Multishot)

Wow, 48 views?
So I'm guessing it's only me then, from the paucity of responses.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Chaix
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: malfurion

Unread post by Chaix »

multishot hasn't been nerfed specifically, but we got a 5% nerf across the board, pet basic attacks got a 30% nerf, aspect of the beast went down to 20% and BW lost 5% of it's damage buff.

I can't explain multishot being weird unless it was the gain/loss of an azerite trait, but I have no idea which one that would be.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I don't think Multi-shot's damage is really in the shot itself. Its just an activator for beast cleave. If you have 2-3 stacks of frenzy on the pet, beast cleave is crazy AoE (although it doesnt appear that beast cleave itself can crit). Think of multi-shot as a beast cleave activator and you'll see the full damage that way, because thats where your AoE is :)

That being said, Multi-shot doesn't have a primary target/secondary target function (that I am aware of). I would have to see combat logs, but if your primary target is taking more damage than secondary targets when you multishot, it could be trinket procs or other abilities that would only hit the mob you have targeted. However multishot itself should do equal damage to the mobs, outside of crits. You can go to target dummies that are close together, such as the ones in trueshot lodge, and do some multishots and check out your logs or Recount/Skada if you have a damage meter. I just did and I had trinket procs and azerite armor procs and even void elf procs hitting stuff and all I was doing was multishot and.
Maizou
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Maizou »

Multi-Shots damage isn't in Multi-Shot anymore.

It's in Beast Cleave for Beast Mastery and in Trick Shots for Marksman.

I don't think they liked hunters spamming AoE, hence Survival's Carve being put on a cooldown as well.
soukyugurentai
Realm: US-BlizzardPrison

Unread post by soukyugurentai »

I don't think it's been nerfed -- I think it's bugged again like it was in the first scaling patch. I made a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaOuAlOp3gQ
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

soukyugurentai wrote:I don't think it's been nerfed -- I think it's bugged again like it was in the first scaling patch. I made a video about it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaOuAlOp3gQ
this is exactly the issue.
mobs that SHOULD be dying to multi-shot are not.

"Step on no pets!"

Lamiara
Realm: EU- Moonglade, Darkmoon Faire

Unread post by Lamiara »

it's not just Multishot (which deals pathetic damage anyway), but other cleave/targetted aoe abilities (on a variety of classes) as well.
The primary target takes damage, but the other targets right on top of the main target suffer very little or no damage at all from the ability.
If it's a bug, I hope it gets fixed soon because it sucks.