Doubts, Hati, double pet and more.

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: Doubts, Hati, double pet and more.

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Likewise. I am also personally hoping we continue to use two pets, but solely on the condition that they fix the issues with the second pet.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Meh, pretty disappointed with the lack of consideration given to Hati during the Q&A.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I think it is because they didn't want to reveal any details of what may happen to the Artifacts and/or they aren't quite sure what is going to happen to Hati yet.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Qraljar wrote:Meh, pretty disappointed with the lack of consideration given to Hati during the Q&A.
"Hati is very closely tied to Titanstrike, unlikely to be carried forward forever. It is odd to require a new player to go back to Legion content to get Hati. There is something cool about having multiple pets as a BM Hunter, so that is something they could expand on."

New players leveling 100-110 would use artifact weapons, right? If they're boosting to 110, the titanstrike scenario is a lot shorter than other stuff players have to do to unlock old content. Like farming for the direhorn book. In fact, I have a hunter I've done neither on yet. I'll time them next opportunity have to do so.
It sounds like Ion hasn't given it *any* consideration, other than "oh, it must be about having multiple pets."
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Kayro wrote: I also think that, instead of Hati being actually there, they could be pups of Hati, or different wolves completely and do just share the look.
Of all the proposals I've seen/read thus far for the continuation of Hati in some capacity, by far I think this is my favorite.

It still respectful to the story of Hati being tied to Titanstrike and but as an ode, you then become entrusted to care for his pups once the artifact is retired. It's a very sweet and touching way to carry the story (and models) forward.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I agree. Story aside, it would allow someone to go and grab one of the Hati's colors anytime they want, especially if the respawn timer is very low (Which is should be for this, imo).
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

I never used the base wolf appearance myself, but I still think it's a shame to lose that model entirely after Legion is over. I like the idea of putting tameable versions of them somewhere out in the world, that's an excellent way for hunters to reacquire the look if they want to.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The peak right above Trueshot would be the perfect place. Nothing is really there, and it isn't hard to get there at all.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Xota wrote:"Hati is very closely tied to Titanstrike, unlikely to be carried forward forever. It is odd to require a new player to go back to Legion content to get Hati. There is something cool about having multiple pets as a BM Hunter, so that is something they could expand on."
It sounds like Ion hasn't given it *any* consideration, other than "oh, it must be about having multiple pets."
Agreed. Ion's statement really didn't make much sense to me. I mean, doesn't everyone go back to previous expansions to get older looks and previous pets? It only then occurred to me that I don't think he understood what we were asking at all. His statement only makes sense if he thinks we're asking for future BM hunters to have to run Legion content to get a second pet. As if we want Hati to remain integral to the second pet mechanic. I suspect that he, or whichever assistant put together his responses, didn't spend much time understanding our request at all.

Of all the WoW communications we've had over the years, Ion's are the first that I find I'm frequently dissatisfied with. I'm not sure if it's him, or a policy change in Blizzard communications that he's following. It's not that he announces decisions that I disagree with, I fully understand (expect) that Blizzard will often disagree with what we want - that might be frustrating, but unlike many people it doesn't grate on me, they have decisions to make and a game to balance even at the times I think their decisions are wrong. But rather my reaction is that his responses somehow feel more crafted and corporate jargon-laden to me. Less heartfelt or sincere than his predecessors, and more appropriate for a management meeting. Even when he admits they could have done better, it feels like a calculated mea culpa to maximise public response. But maybe I'm just extra cynical to that kind of thing and being unfair. I just rarely come away from Q&As now feeling satisfied, and more that I sat through a PR event.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I dont think he understood the nature of the Hati part of the question, personally.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Wain wrote:
Xota wrote:"Hati is very closely tied to Titanstrike, unlikely to be carried forward forever. It is odd to require a new player to go back to Legion content to get Hati. There is something cool about having multiple pets as a BM Hunter, so that is something they could expand on."
Agreed. Ion's statement really didn't make much sense to me. I mean, doesn't everyone go back to previous expansions to get older looks and previous pets? It only then occurred to me that I don't think he understood what we were asking at all. His statement only makes sense if he thinks we're asking for future BM hunters to have to run Legion content to get a second pet. As if we want Hati to remain integral to the second pet mechanic. I suspect that he, or whichever assistant put together his responses, didn't spend much time understanding our request at all.

Of all the WoW communications we've had over the years, Ion's are the first that I find I'm frequently dissatisfied with. I'm not sure if it's him, or a policy change in Blizzard communications that he's following. It's not that he announces decisions that I disagree with, I fully understand (expect) that Blizzard will often disagree with what we want - that might be frustrating, but unlike many people it doesn't grate on me, they have decisions to make and a game to balance even at the times I think their decisions are wrong. But rather my reaction is that his responses somehow feel more crafted and corporate jargon-laden to me. Less heartfelt or sincere than his predecessors, and more appropriate for a management meeting. Even when he admits they could have done better, it feels like a calculated mea culpa to maximise public response. But maybe I'm just extra cynical to that kind of thing and being unfair. I just rarely come away from Q&As now feeling satisfied, and more that I sat through a PR event.
To be frank, I think it might be better to ask Jeremy this question. He's very on top of hunter pets and other smaller flavor stuff, so he probably has more of an understanding there. I can't blame Ion, though. He has his own stuff to worry about, so his mindset is a lot different when it comes to development.

Still, I can't help but be a bit sour that we can't cross-spec transmog. I wanted to use that holy paladin hammer on my retri paladin.

Also unhappy that we won't actually get dinomancer Zandalari druids.

Hopefully they'll reconsider.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Qraljar wrote:Still, I can't help but be a bit sour that we can't cross-spec transmog. I wanted to use that holy paladin hammer on my retri paladin.
I was disappointed at this as well. Not surprised, but disappointed. I figured they would stay class restricted, but I was hoping they would loosen up on the spec part.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Quiv wrote:
Qraljar wrote:Still, I can't help but be a bit sour that we can't cross-spec transmog. I wanted to use that holy paladin hammer on my retri paladin.
I was disappointed at this as well. Not surprised, but disappointed. I figured they would stay class restricted, but I was hoping they would loosen up on the spec part.
That is a bit of a shame. If their use is that restricted then it lowers the worth of those artifact appearances to the player. I've leveled up all artifacts on all specs of all classes, and I was planning to try to collect the Mage Tower appearances before they were removed. Now I'm not going to bother for most of them because I don't normally play those specs/characters much, or at all, and if I can't access those appearances on the specs / toons I do use then it's a lot of work with no real value. On the plus side, that's a lot less work to worry about :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Well, Mimiron had given us a quest to help us change Hati's appearance before, and since Hati is now kind of has become a form of energy anyway, Mimiron can always create another invasion to replicate or 'clone' Hati.
Just come out with something along the line Hati would miss us and wishes a part of it to follow us around.
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

Wain wrote:
Quiv wrote:
That is a bit of a shame. If their use is that restricted then it lowers the worth of those artifact appearances to the player. I've leveled up all artifacts on all specs of all classes, and I was planning to try to collect the Mage Tower appearances before they were removed. Now I'm not going to bother for most of them because I don't normally play those specs/characters much, or at all, and if I can't access those appearances on the specs / toons I do use then it's a lot of work with no real value. On the plus side, that's a lot less work to worry about :)
Rather disappointed that they are spec specific. I wasted a lot of time and energy in a spec that I despise because I loved the look of its weapon-and now I can't use it on my main spec for that character? rather upsetting.

But yeah, a lot less work on my other toons at least. Now that I've maxed out all of my alli characters I will go start leveling my horde alts I guess.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I'd miss Hati less if there's still a way to preserve the double pet gameplay and the fantasy that it fulfills.

As for Hati himself, hopefully they give us tameable beasts that share his unique model. I'm sure they will, as Blizzard has been pretty decent about preserving pet models, like they have in the past.

And if they plan not to on either issue, I'm sure if we speak up and raise a big enough stink, there's a chance they'll listen, so let them know. Let your voice be heard, friends.