General BlizzCon discussion

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Re: General BlizzCon discussion

Unread post by Inay »

Welp, I'm glad I did all the Suramar quests with my Horde toon. Now, to get exalted with the Argus rep on the Alliance toon, I guess.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Inay wrote:Welp, I'm glad I did all the Suramar quests with my Horde toon. Now, to get exalted with the Argus rep on the Alliance toon, I guess.
They have only mentioned a rep requirement for Highmountain. We have no idea if there will be one for the others, or even if Highmountain will retain it.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I really don't like the idea of one of the new main content gated by the previous expansion so I do hope the rep gate would not go to live. I believe such restriction only punishes newcomers and returning players.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Even with Highmountain, they never said that it would be exalted, just that there would be some sort of rep requirement. Further, if the leaks are to be believed, the first four allied races will be out in 7.3.5, which is still apart of Legion.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Valnaaros wrote:Even with Highmountain, they never said that it would be exalted, just that there would be some sort of rep requirement. Further, if the leaks are to be believed, the first four allied races will be out in 7.3.5, which is still apart of Legion.
If they are playable in 7.3.5 o boy, do I need to grind Army of the Light if somehow it is attached to Lightforged Draenei on my Alliance.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

pop wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Even with Highmountain, they never said that it would be exalted, just that there would be some sort of rep requirement. Further, if the leaks are to be believed, the first four allied races will be out in 7.3.5, which is still apart of Legion.
If they are playable in 7.3.5 o boy, do I need to grind Army of the Light if somehow it is attached to Lightforged Draenei on my Alliance.
I will say that, by the looks of what I saw on a website, the first four allied races are coming out in 7.3.5 alongside the new levelling system - which will work together to entice people to level again. Them the Dark Iron and Zandalari are available in BfA, as to not have all their hype material out before the expansion even releases. In theory, anyway. I don't actually know if that's going to happen, but it would at least make sense if it did.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=F5FnvzH ... be&t=1m30s

they use the word exalted tho
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

I just really hope they aren't faction rep gated. I have every Legion rep on exalted on my main character, so I did the work. Would be fairly salty if I had to grind Nightfallen and Highmountain to exalted specifically on a Horde character just to be able to play the Highmountain Tauren and Nightborne.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Ah! So it does. On some sites, they say that they said exalted, and others just say that they said there would be a rep requirement, but didn't mention what rank.

It makes sense, though. If the Highmountain and Highborne are joining the Horde, then you would need to have a good reputation amongst them in order for them to see the Horde as a good group to join.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

IMHO I would not mind if Allied races are gated by rep, as long as it is not determined by the faction of the toon and it is released in 7.3.5 or earlier.

Other than that riot because I don't really care about Antoran stuff.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Gating allied races behind exalted rep doesn't seem like a good idea to me. Allied races start at 20, with the stated rational being that you've already put in time to unlock them. But getting to exalted takes significantly longer than getting to 20. I expect the unlocking requirements to be "finish this quest story" by the time allied races go live. I don't think they want players returning for 8.0 to have to farm legion WQ and order hall missions to get Highmountain Tauren etc.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Which gives support to the leak that four of them will be out in 7.3.5. In a recent interview, Blizz said that there would be a questline involving the VEs in 7.3.5. This makes the leak even more likely.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

pop wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:As far as we know, only for Travel Form. We don't know if they get, say, a Skyscreamer flight form, or a Direhorn guardian form.
I kind of doubt it because unlike travel form, which the word itself doesn't specify any animal, cat form and bear form both specifically mention the name of the animals. Unless of course, the spell names are going to be changed just for Zandalari, the forms would still be the same type of animals as others.

Yup this is confirmed by Ion; combat forms are same as the others.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Indeed. Though I do hope there is some Zandalari flavor added to their other forms. They would still have the usual Cat, Bear, and Boomkin, but with Zandalari-themed armor/aesthetics.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Just wived the trailer. .so this expansion is the last one? Who ever wins azeroth will be the dominant one. .the other will slowly die /cast off to another world. .It seams kinda dull as a theme to me. ..

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I don't believe this expansion is the last one at all. If anything, we're seeing the set-up of another one in the making. While it outwardly appears to be Alliance vs Horde (which I don't mind bc I think things have been neutral far too long) there's a very heavy old god influence that I reckon will start making itself more apparent as the expansion goes on. Once the Alliance and the Horde have beaten each other down to the point there aren't nearly as many left, I believe the old gods will make their appearance and we'll have a big struggle between the old gods and the heroes left over from the all-out war.

We have got a promised battle with Azshara, as well, who is a mid-expansion boss. Considering how major she is, the idea that she hasn't got the final spotlight points to a very big threat taking that top spot - aka old gods.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Krysteena wrote:I don't believe this expansion is the last one at all. If anything, we're seeing the set-up of another one in the making. While it outwardly appears to be Alliance vs Horde (which I don't mind bc I think things have been neutral far too long) there's a very heavy old god influence that I reckon will start making itself more apparent as the expansion goes on. Once the Alliance and the Horde have beaten each other down to the point there aren't nearly as many left, I believe the old gods will make their appearance and we'll have a big struggle between the old gods and the heroes left over from the all-out war.

We have got a promised battle with Azshara, as well, who is a mid-expansion boss. Considering how major she is, the idea that she hasn't got the final spotlight points to a very big threat taking that top spot - aka old gods.
This. Plus, Blizz has said they have no intent to end WoW anytime soon. I believe that they said in an interview a while back that they have planned several xpacs ahead.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

Heh why cant they just all get along :P

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

https://www.reddit.com/r/wow/comments/7 ... ill_fight/

An interesting post on reddit about the faction conflict.
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Ana »

With the new expansion coming up do Blizzard offers a boost to Max lvl so you can skip the Legion area?