General BlizzCon discussion

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: General BlizzCon discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros »

They'll go into more details later :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah, until then I'm nervous.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Well there seems to be some interesting quality of life changes coming. Still think the faction choice for nightborne and void elves was a little odd.

Never had a big interest in the whole Horde vrs Ally spiel so i'm a little sad. The zones look really pretty though and seem to be playing along to two of my favorite themes.
I feel kind of weird about them announcing Queen Azshara as an early raid boss out of the blue like that though without mentioning naga at all during the panel. She has been such a huge figure for so long now, having her be an early boss in a xpack that seems to be more focused on faction conflict than naga and old gods feels like an injustice to her. hopefully there is more story to be had there and they are just trying to keep things a surprise?

mixed feelings about the new scaling. I hope it gets turned off at level cap to prevent things from being hard to solo, like Wain said. But It also leaves me curious about how this will effect old world gear farming. Like will everything revert back to its "normal" level once you out level it? or will it be stuck at its max scale level? this could open up the way for easier farming of gear that has become incredibly rare due to the slow removal of lvl 57-60 mobs- or it could end up being annoying. I wonder if you will have to level up a toon and lock them at the desired level in order to farm certain lvl gear.

Silverpeal
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary - Alliance

Unread post by Silverpeal »

So, I asked the inevitable hunter question for the Q&A. Feel free to upvote it to get more attention https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... =3#post-49
Like Roleplay? Come to Lusternia! | Willing to send out SoRs!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I agree. I can't see Nightborne picking sides like that; at least not the entire race. And Void Elves just seem like they're too small of a group/race to be playable.

I'm hoping Azshara will just be defeated, not killed, or that there is a lot more to it (which I'm sure there is).
Kalasta
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Uther

Unread post by Kalasta »

I'm getting the feeling that this is just part of the expansion. Like a distraction to the true threat.The Black Empire's return.

A big thank-you to Tårnfalk for re-sizing this sig pic.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Could be. But I can't see them having the first half being faction conflict, then suddenly shifting to us fighting the Black Empire for the second half. You never know, but the Black Empire should be its own xpac.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:Could be. But I can't see them having the first half being faction conflict, then suddenly shifting to us fighting the Black Empire for the second half. You never know, but the Black Empire should be its own xpac.
True, but if you'd asked me at the start of Legion I couldn't have imagined we'd suddenly be on Argus half way through ;)
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Is there anyone who's planning to ask about allied races? They said the 6 current ones are release schedules ones, with more planned. It would be interesting to see what they have planned? I imagine Mag'har being a shoe-in, but say, Zandalari, threw me for a loop, as they are more than a simple skin.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It was obvious, though. In a Legion-heavy xpac, it would be an injustice for us to not go to Argus. Few were surprised that we were going that. In 7.0, there were many, many references to Argus, it being a Legion stronghold, etc etc. We had everything except Blizz officially confirming it.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I agree that the allied race thing seems really forced in places. I feel they should have just stuck with what players had been asking for, and not tried to be all symmetrical "one-ally-per-race". They've shaved the corners off that square peg to force it into the round hole.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Mag'har, Grimtotem, Frost Trolls, Forest Trolls, Wildhammers, Blackrock Orcs, maybe Leper Gnomes, etc. I don't think they'll tell us what they have planned, but we can easily guess.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

By the way, Q&A question submission is here:
https://us.battle.net/forums/en/wow/top ... 158?page=1
I asked about how area scaling will affect older-xpac farming.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Mag'har, Grimtotem, Frost Trolls, Forest Trolls, Wildhammers, Blackrock Orcs, maybe Leper Gnomes, etc. I don't think they'll tell us what they have planned, but we can easily guess.
Yeah, but like I said: Zandalari change things. They use new skeletons (or new Nelf skeleton like the MoP ones used the altered old NE skeleton) and at least a new female model, as well as customization options.

This means there's a possibility for more than just skin changes. Forest and Frost Trolls are a good examples, but how about Mechagnomes? Iron/Earthen Dwarves?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wain wrote:I agree that the allied race thing seems really forced in places. I feel they should have just stuck with what players had been asking for, and not tried to be all symmetrical "one-ally-per-race". They've shaved the corners off that square peg to force it into the round hole.
Agreed. Nightborne, Highmountain, Lightforged, and even Void Elves are just pushing it and aren't true subraces.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

If they'll need to touch them up, they will, to make them en par with playable races. But I don't see them doing anything too crazy.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:If they'll need to touch them up, they will, to make them en par with playable races. But I don't see them doing anything too crazy.
True, but say, Iron Dwarves aren't that crazy. Mostly a skin thing, only requires glowing eyes and different beard options. Would be fairly easy.

Mechagnome would probably require a new model. Unlikely, but it would be really cool to have a Mech race.

That aside, I like the allied races concept, but Lightforged and Highmountain and specific feel kind of bad because it's not like regular Draenei and Tauren couldn't have just gotten those customization options.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I'm not just talking about animations or texture. I'm also talking about the lore behind it all. It wouldn't be hard to implement Iron Dwarves from a technical stand point. But I am doubtful that the Iron Dwarves would completely side with the Alliance, since they are members of the Titan forces, which at neutral.

I agree. They should've just given the customization options, not make them into a subrace. Give Tauren Grimtotem and Draenei Broken.
Qraljar
Pet Finder

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:Draenei Broken.
Hyes. I was so hoping for that. After all, the Broken have a cool new model in 7.3. The only problem is that, while I know sexual dimorphism between broken is minimal due to their state, I'm not sure they could've used the model for male and female, so they'd have to make a female model. (But they did so with Zandalari)

They even have the draenei skeleton and I think at least two face options, three or so hair options and five skin options, so they could easily make it work.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They could've easily made it work, and they should've. Broken have been a highly-demanded subrace since TBC.