General BlizzCon discussion

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Re: General BlizzCon discussion

Unread post by Qraljar »

Valnaaros wrote:They could've easily made it work, and they should've. Broken have been a highly-demanded subrace since TBC.
I definitely would've been happy. Nightborne and Zandalari feel a lot more unique than Void Elves, Lightforged and Dark Irons. Broken do, too. But hey, they said they have more planned and intend on building on it, so who knows, maybe they're one of the very next planned allied races.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
Xella
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Skywall-US

Unread post by Xella »

Man, this... this feels like cataclysm all over again, except I was excited about cataclysm and I can feel nothing but emptiness for this. Maybe it was just the presentation, but nothing so far feels worth the $60-80 the CE will likely be. I mean... I'll probably do it anyway, but ugh. More pointless faction bickering. There's literally nothing but a lack of communication and machismo fuelling it at this point; when will it end?

I missed the actual panel and the virtual ticket is worthless and doesn't have any of the panels available as vods yet, so maybe it'll be better when I'm not trying to squeeze info out of MMO-champion's cliffnotes. Sorry for being a downer again, folks :(
Current main: Xella-Skywall | Art Stuffs | Brains.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

There is a lot of lore and info we don't know yet. The novel, Before the Storm, will explain it all. We do know that Sylvanas has her sights set on SW. Many speculate that she wants to sack it and make the humans there into Forsaken.
Aggannor
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: EU Wildhammer

Unread post by Aggannor »

Wondering how race change is going to work with these subraces, as they have that questline requirement. I'm really tempted to change my Darkspear troll into Zandalari one, assuming it doesn't screw anything progression and collection wise.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

So I watched the WoW stuff while it was live. BF is at work so he couldnt see.
I can still do the main video since it's still going and rewind it for the WoW stuff.. But then it cuts off in the middle of it right as they are talking about the Ally races and tell you to click the other link to continue to watch that.
Problem is, that pannel is no longer live so I can no longer select it to see the Ally races stuff continued :C
Is there a way I can go back and watch thing things that are no longer live? I wanted to go back and watch it all with the BF when he gets home.

Siggy under construction!

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I'm going back and forth on this. Part of me loves all the new additions but I despise them making Anduin into Jaina 2.0. Not that I play alliance but there was a reasonableness there that I respected and now it looks like it's gone :(

Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Actually.. Now I can't even access the beginning of the All Access now :C Not even the WoW parts.
I guess the BF, who even bought the ticket himself, is going to miss it? :C

Siggy under construction!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Syleye wrote:I'm going back and forth on this. Part of me loves all the new additions but I despise them making Anduin into Jaina 2.0. Not that I play alliance but there was a reasonableness there that I respected and now it looks like it's gone :(
People are jumping the gun way too quickly. Yes, Anduin was leading the charge, but we don't know how it got to that point yet.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

I hope you are right. Just don't want the game to go down that path again.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

UC gets attacked, and Teldrassil is burned. However, we don't know which happened first and which was a response.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

does it really matter? that wasn't my point actually I do not want to see his personality change the way it did with hers..it was a bad move in my opinion and really would hate to see it repeated

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It does matter if Teldrassil was burned, or SW was attacked by Sylvanas so that she could raise the humans there into Forsaken. Varian gave them a chance to reform and to keep the peace between them. If they decide to forgo that chance and break the peace, then the Alliance's response isn't exactly uncalled for.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Sigh I give up

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

No, I get what you're saying. You don't want Anduin's personality to change, and there is no reason to think that it has. But it would be foolish and naïve for him, or any leader, to just sit by after the capital of one race was burned, and the other (his own) was attacked.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Since no one really is explaining on the official forums how is this scaling going to work?

I read where it scales to the zones so does this mean even at 110 I still can blow stuff up and blow through old raids/dungeons if this is the case then it won't bother me but if at 110 I will have to fight 110 mobs in any old content then that could be it for me.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

I also am going to be annoyed if they once again try and start off with the Horde as the bad guys kind of over that. Guess we'll see. up side some pretty new beasts

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Iowawolf wrote:Since no one really is explaining on the official forums how is this scaling going to work?

I read where it scales to the zones so does this mean even at 110 I still can blow stuff up and blow through old raids/dungeons if this is the case then it won't bother me but if at 110 I will have to fight 110 mobs in any old content then that could be it for me.
They'll be explaining it more in a bit. But, basically, they will scale, but only so far. TBC and Wrath content will scale from 60-80. Cata and MoP 80-90, or something like that.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Valnaaros wrote:
Iowawolf wrote:Since no one really is explaining on the official forums how is this scaling going to work?

They'll be explaining it more in a bit. But, basically, they will scale, but only so far. TBC and Wrath content will scale from 60-80. Cata and MoP 80-90, or something like that.
So Wrath scales 60 to 80 but at 110 means nothing cause I way outleveled the zone that is how I am reading this response and thank you for answer.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Do videos of the panels ever get made public after Blizzcon is old news? There was one I was interested that I doubt the cliffnotes of will be as interesting.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You bet :)