General BlizzCon discussion

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: General BlizzCon discussion

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I'm sure there it a lot more to it. If she just burns it just to burn it, then neither Horde nor Alliance will be happy. It's just poor writing.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Myzou wrote:Well, it was suggested that burning teldrassil was done first, and that's what motivated Anduin to declare war, and thus the assault on Lordaeron.
I read this was outright said by blizz that Teldrassil burns first so 100% Lordearon is retatliation for that and Sylvannas is seen caught red handed it seems but we've yet to know the context around that. I have 0 love for the dark lady so I'm totally over the circlejerk fanservice we keep getting especially when the horde have other interesting leaders like Baine and the blood elf regeant...I'm still waiting for that awkward family reunion though with her sisters haha!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:I'm still waiting for that awkward family reunion though with her sisters haha!
"Sylvanas, this is a family intervention."
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

well at least we finally know who the owner of this cat is.... *Glares at Sylvannas

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Castile wrote:
Myzou wrote:Well, it was suggested that burning teldrassil was done first, and that's what motivated Anduin to declare war, and thus the assault on Lordaeron.
I read this was outright said by blizz that Teldrassil burns first so 100% Lordearon is retatliation for that and Sylvannas is seen caught red handed it seems but we've yet to know the context around that. I have 0 love for the dark lady so I'm totally over the circlejerk fanservice we keep getting especially when the horde have other interesting leaders like Baine and the blood elf regeant...I'm still waiting for that awkward family reunion though with her sisters haha!
Well I've been watching the Blizzcon videos while I work today and I've not heard it outright said that it was 100% done by Sylvannas. I have a feeling it might be like the Wraithgate and be done by someone else? Probs someone working under the influence of the old gods.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh I wasn't aware of the Gamespot interview where they talked about the burning happening before the attack on Lordaeron. In the before picture of Teldrassil, you can see lots of gold flecks on the tree. I first thought this was like lights from houses as I assumed the tree is full of night elf homes. However *what if* this is Azerite, the same Azerite that Jeremy said is popping up everywhere and is extremely destructive. That would play into the "misunderstanding" angle, which is what I feel the broken shore was.
Dino
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Dino »

Just have to see how the cards fall. I don't know how to call it yet. Part of me is hoping they don't mess up Sylvannas. Maybe we'll get some of the story in a launch event.

Some things Sylvannas has done I don't like much. My preferred war chief was killed off not to long after taking up the mantle. :/ That was poor writing. I only hope to see his spirit now.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Yeah, it was in an interview where they said that Teldrassil happened first.

That is another theory going around, and I think that it could indeed have to do with Azerite. But, whatever the case, a battle does happen there, since you can see bodies surrounding Sylvanas, Saurfang, and Nathanos in both pics (one of them being a wounded High Elf woman, possibly Veressa). But again, we need more info.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I must be one of the few that likes Sylvanas. I think her motives are to save her people as has been shown time and again. The only character whom I can't stand ( other than Garrosh) is Jaina and I am really annoyed about this whole "she's flawed" thing. Everyone is flawed. She's psychotic

Apparently opposing opinions are not allowed with out being attacked so I apologize to anyone I offended by having an opinion
Last edited by Syleye on Tue Nov 07, 2017 1:17 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Shepard
Realm: Die Aldor

Unread post by Shepard »

I realy cant understand why people keep defending Sylvanas, that women has done more shady stuff then any faction leader.
The noble High Elf that protected her people died at the gates of silvermoon, murdered by Arthas Menethil.
What was ressurected and has freed itself from the will of the Lich King is nothing but a selfish shadow of the former Windrunner sister.

I see people time and again bringing up Jaina´s purging in dalaran, which i will admit, was an absolutely horrible thing to do. But at least you can understand why she did it. There are numerous reasons why and i can refere people to sources if need be.

But Sylvanas? Her ambitions ended on top of Icecrown, she killed herself and when she discovered that there was no paradise waiting but WoW´s version of hell she imidietly struck a bargain with her valkyr ex machina. Now her only ambition is to not die. Literally. She used the plaque in Gilneas because that was easier than actually fight for the kingdom and forsaken dont need fertile lands to prosper. She imprisoned Eyir, so she can have unlimited extra life´s and more forsaken to bolster the wall of meat that stands between her and hell. We will probably never know what bargain she struck with Hellyia, with us killing her and all that. But i cant imagine the goddes of Hellheim wants the latest shoes from the Haris Pilton fashion line. Sylvanas planned to kill her own sister just to ressurect her and have her at her side. Before the start of Legion she drained the essence of a human just to rejuvenate her undead lover (Cant have important bits falling of i guess).

All that and much more make her unsalvagable in my opinion, she lacks the care and loyalty that the horde as a whole deserves and i hope at the end of this expansions we see Vol ´Jins return onto the warchiefs throne (We have ressurected migthy trolls in Stranglethorn already).

After all this i just want to say that i dont want to attack anyone who has other opinions on the bansheequeen. Everyone has his own opinion about lore and that´s good because discussions keep evolving our understanding of this amazing world that Chris Metzen and his team created oh so many years ago.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Shepard is right. Sylvanas really isn't defendable. She once had better intentions, yes, but now she only cares for herself and, supposedly, the Forsaken. She has expressed that she does not view the Horde as her people, and her actions often put the wellbeing of the living members of the Horde and Alliance at risk.

Everyone is free to have their own opinion, of course, and to like Sylvanas if they so choose.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

You are right every does have one. I like her as a character she has more depth and layers than the majority of them. I never once said I agreed with everything she did but I think people are all to ready to hate on her. I still do not need to be attacked for it

Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

Troll kid!!!

New horsie face pic!

Human kids with actual design!!!!

Shelassa
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: EU Magtheridon

Unread post by Shelassa »

I love Sylvanas and will follow her where she leads, including to the smouldering ashes of Night Elven capital whether it happens before or after Undercity.

Considering in the "Before The Storm" chapter WoWhead has posted, Saurfang very matter of factly indicates that if something's fishy he'd be the first to Mak'gora Sylvanas, and yet we see him protecting Undercity in the first ranks, there is a big piece of the puzzle we are missing on.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Oh wow those paints are lovely . Do you know where the troll kid is from?

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The troll child was the daughter of a troll woman in Zandalar that sacrificed her to Bwonsamdi if he would grant her immortality, which he did.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Ah cool thank you

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Quiv wrote:Oh I wasn't aware of the Gamespot interview where they talked about the burning happening before the attack on Lordaeron. In the before picture of Teldrassil, you can see lots of gold flecks on the tree. I first thought this was like lights from houses as I assumed the tree is full of night elf homes. However *what if* this is Azerite, the same Azerite that Jeremy said is popping up everywhere and is extremely destructive. That would play into the "misunderstanding" angle, which is what I feel the broken shore was.
Yeah Broken shore was a huge misunderstanding ( To me Greymane wanted it to happen that way imo). I never really thought of the Azerite angle!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Just gonna throw out that, regardless of her flaws, I really like Sylvanas. I'm not going to defend her actions previously but, in that cinematic, where something snapped and she gave her banshee scream and war cry, I felt that she was fighting for the Horde at that time - not just for herself.

Also, those horses are really pretty, and almost makes me wish I played Alliance a bit more so I could utilise the updated horse models when they're out :)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I wonder if that Naga raid will be set in their capital city? I've always wanted to see that.