General BlizzCon discussion

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Re: General BlizzCon discussion

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Bowno wrote:Actually.. Now I can't even access the beginning of the All Access now :C Not even the WoW parts.
I guess the BF, who even bought the ticket himself, is going to miss it? :C
I assume you have the virtual ticket right? You should be able to play back everything i'd assume.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

cowmuflage wrote:
Bowno wrote:Actually.. Now I can't even access the beginning of the All Access now :C Not even the WoW parts.
I guess the BF, who even bought the ticket himself, is going to miss it? :C
I assume you have the virtual ticket right? You should be able to play back everything i'd assume.
Yeah I have the ticket. But once stuff is no longer live its just... kinda gone. Unless I'm missing something :C

Siggy under construction!

Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard, Hati's Realm

Unread post by Iowawolf »

Also read where on a pvp realm you can now unflag yourself does this only apply to the realm or can it be done doing a world quest like say bareback brawl?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

PvP and PvE servers won't exist as they currently do. on PvP servers, you can opt out of pvp if you want, but there are bonuses for pvping. However, WQs that are meant for PvP like bareback will require you to be flagged.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Valnaaros wrote:PvP and PvE servers won't exist as they currently do. on PvP servers, you can opt out of pvp if you want, but there are bonuses for pvping. However, WQs that are meant for PvP like bareback will require you to be flagged.
Oh ok I understand thank you again for answer.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

You bet :)
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Think I am understanding this scaling bit more now on the forums there is a post saying...

"And the zone levels are capped so you can still go back and 1 shot everything on your main if you want"

This is ok with me and not as bad as I was thinking it would be cause I can go anywhere at max level before Legion and new content and still blow stuff up.
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

On the deep dive panel they mentioned encountering faction champions like:
the Spirits of Vengeance: Darkspear loyalists out for vengeance for what happened to Vol'jin.
or.... the Wolf Pack: a group of worgen out for vengeance for (he paused a little here) Genn Greymaine.

Wonder whats going to happen to Gen. Sounded like he may have let something slip a little.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Maybe. I think he was just referring to how Genn wants vengeance for Gilneas and the murder of his son.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

So, am I understanding this correctly (to be honest I'm confused) that the azerite system is kind of another level of talent system, focused on your gear and powered by the new farmed resource? It seemed a bit like netherlight crucible on steroids or something and honestly I still don't understand why that was added.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I'm getting the impression that this expansion is going to be very heavily based around strategic repeat battles, from war fronts to grinding azerite.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Azerite is AP 2.0. You gather it, which allows you to empower the Heart of Azeroth, which then empowers your head, shoulders, and chest, which grant access to Artifact-style traits.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Thanks, yeah, watching it again it made more sense, but it still feels kind of odd. I think the audience were confused too. :/
SylviaDragon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Drenden/illidan

Unread post by SylviaDragon »

Well, the deep dive is done.
I was all ready to board the hype train for this one but to be honest I came away from this and the Whats Next panel feeling kind of underwhelmed and worried. As I said before I really don't care about faction pride and all that but more importantly I feel like this announcement ended up feeling rather...empty? Legion brought a ton of really big and exciting changes to the table. World quests, zone scaling, artifacts, class quest lines, invasions, revamped professions, Transmog updates, demon hunters, all just off the top of my head.
I didn't find any big "oomf" announcements this time around aside from a somewhat odd subrace confirmation.
There seemed to be a ton of focus on the expectation that you will be farming these island scenarios over and over again for the new artifact power as well as managing war fronts (which sound a little bit like larger scale Garrisons?) but other than that they didn't really have a lot of big ticket features to show off.

Not sure how I feel about the whole Azerite armor idea. Sounds like an extra layer of complication you need to figure out when deciding what truly counts as an upgrade or not. (Do you take the epic item with the crappy talent tree or the blue item with the good talent tree?)

The thing that got my attention the most was Queen Azshara but they mentioned her like she was an afterthought. :(

Wait and see I suppose but i'm not getting the best vibes right now.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Wait and see if the best thing to do. We don't have all of the info, and things will change throughout Beta. As for Azshara, it is probably due to them not wanting to spoil things. It is like how Argus was briefly mentioned last Blizzcon.
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Whew, what a morning! Most of my comments were directed at my guildies and friends earlier which is why I haven't said much over here yet, but overall, I'm looking forward to the new content like I am with every expansion. I'm...somewhat easy to please though.

This definitely feels like a "filler" expansion of sorts, which isn't automatically a bad thing. I can understand the need for a break of sorts after fighting against the Legion and Sargeras and all of that intense stuff. It's a good time to bring the focus back home again for a bit (though I still feel like there's going to be some big old god shit that goes down at the end of the xpac).

I'm personally really stoked on the new Zandalar areas especially, they look breathtakingly gorgeous and oh my god the dinosaurs! All of the zones look fantastic though, I really like the art direction this expansion, it looks and feels like they did something a little different graphically that gives the areas almost a painted look and I think it's a beautiful effect.

The current subraces are...well, I'm on the fence about them. I like the Horde races, and I'm especially thrilled that we got Nightborne (it makes perfect sense with how much of a connection they had to the blood elves and their similar issues). I just...still really want dark rangers though, so I'm crossing my fingers they'll announce more later that'll really get me excited.

I'm lukewarm on most of the faction conflict/PvP themed things, that's not really my playstyle, but as long as I can quest and explore the world and tame new creatures I'll be happy. I'm looking forward to the dungeons and raids from what we've heard so far.

I love that the whole world will be getting level scaling, and that it'll be implemented in the exact way I was hoping it would. Also the Classic servers announcement is exciting! Not because I want to devote myself to playing on a Vanilla server exclusively, but I just wanted a way to go back and see the old world zones as they used to be, before Cataclysm. It's a nice indulgence for my nostalgic side and that's mostly all I wanted out of a Vanilla WoW.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I personally don't think it fits for the Nightborne to entirely ally with the Horde. Yes, they got along better with the BEs, but the Alliance still came to their aid.

But, anyways, I am excited, if cautiously so.
Iowawolf
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Vephriel wrote:I love that the whole world will be getting level scaling, and that it'll be implemented in the exact way I was hoping it would.
This alone makes me happy knowing zones scale to a capped level so even at 110 I can laugh at the mobs and they fall dead I admit I was paranoid they were scaling the whole world around the player.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

8.0 will have a very big stat squish. People in the demo have around 15k HP.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I didn’t want to be the first to say this, but I agree that at this stage they haven’t shown much, aside from potential pets, to make me feel hyped, but I’ll have to wait and see. Partially because the faction rivalry story is decades old and doesn’t really interest me (they’re playing musical zones again and killing cities instead of lore characters for dramatic effect this time and it honestly feels really contrived), but mostly because the new features they spent most of the time showcasing (so far) are the treadmill features - the generation of automated grind/repeat content may be cleverly done and better than ever before but it’s still very clearly the content we’re going to be repeating over and over and over again, and it all felt like a big reminder of that. Like, instead of a Christmas bonus, your boss upgrades your work station and expects you to be just as excited. But there must be many more features to be announced yet.