WoW Petopia Community

A fun place to chat about hunter pets in the World of Warcraft.
Visit the Petopia homepage Petopia Homepage
It is currently Mon Nov 20, 2017 7:11 pm

All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]

Forum Rules: Treat others with respect. Report, don't respond. Read the complete rules.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:37 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Realm: Terenas Horde-side
While I'm a little disappointed to hear that there won't be any racial mounts for the new races, it does make sense because a lot of the mounts that would fit that race are already attainable in the game anyway.

I will keep my fingers crossed that they change their minds, though :) mainly because I'm holding out for an armoured moose, but that's not the point

Signature by Ashaine <3

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:50 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Kayro wrote:
While I'm a little disappointed to hear that there won't be any racial mounts for the new races, it does make sense because a lot of the mounts that would fit that race are already attainable in the game anyway.

I will keep my fingers crossed that they change their minds, though :) mainly because I'm holding out for an armoured moose, but that's not the point

It would mean for the Nightborne to have to settle with Dragonhawks instead of Manasabres as mounts and Void Elves get cat.

But of course, I would use my First Arcanist Cat if I roll a Nightborne, and I would use Nightmare if I ever roll a Void Elf. But I love how Gara matches with Void Elf so much, so we'll see.

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 am 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Argent Dawn-EU
pop wrote:
Kayro wrote:

It would mean for the Nightborne to have to settle with Dragonhawks instead of Manasabres as mounts and Void Elves get cat.

But of course, I would use my First Arcanist Cat if I roll a Nightborne, and I would use Nightmare if I ever roll a Void Elf. But I love how Gara matches with Void Elf so much, so we'll see.

Oh, good that you brought up the Nightmare. That can be a good fit for the Void Elves.

So if they don't give any allied racial mounts, there's a list of obtainable mounts that fit pretty great.

Nightborne - Arcanist's Manasaber/Mystic Runesaber
Lightforged Draenei - Lightforged Warframe/Blessed & Avenging Felcrushers (Holy Elekk)
Dark Iron Dwarves - Core Hound (WoW anniversary Molten Core)
Void Elves - Lucid Nightmare
Highmountain Tauren - Any of the available Highmountain moose mounts
Zandalari Trolls - Armored Skyscreamer/Direhorn mounts/one of the undoubtedly many dino mounts to come next expansion

Not all of these are easy to get, or even still available, but if you have them, they make for great combinations, I'd say.

Still wish the addition of Highmountain Tauren would have finally led to eagle mounts, though.

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:56 am 
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter

Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)
Lucid Nightmare is a great ground mount for void elves! I think a lot of mounts can work for both new elf races. Ideas for void elf flying mounts:
  • Celestial Steed
  • Mystic Runesaber
  • Purple Netherwing Drake
  • Dark Phoenix
  • Astral Cloud Serpent
  • Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent

Unread postPosted: Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:06 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Qraljar wrote:
pop wrote:
Kayro wrote:

Oh, good that you brought up the Nightmare. That can be a good fit for the Void Elves.

So if they don't give any allied racial mounts, there's a list of obtainable mounts that fit pretty great.

Nightborne - Arcanist's Manasaber/Mystic Runesaber
Lightforged Draenei - Lightforged Warframe/Blessed & Avenging Felcrushers (Holy Elekk)
Dark Iron Dwarves - Core Hound (WoW anniversary Molten Core)
Void Elves - Lucid Nightmare
Highmountain Tauren - Any of the available Highmountain moose mounts
Zandalari Trolls - Armored Skyscreamer/Direhorn mounts/one of the undoubtedly many dino mounts to come next expansion

Not all of these are easy to get, or even still available, but if you have them, they make for great combinations, I'd say.

Still wish the addition of Highmountain Tauren would have finally led to eagle mounts, though.

Great list!

I would also add the fiery molten horse from recruit a friend as a very fitting mount for Dark Iron. And also I almost forgot about Void Wing and Shadow Phoenix ; Those are very fitting for Void Elves too!

and Of course don't forget Arcane Hippogriffs for Nightborns!

For Highmountain, I'm just happy I have the Grovewarden XD

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:35 pm 
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Realm: Proudmoore
Something I haven't seen mentioned:

I think it'd be neat if like Gnomes and Goblins with Mechanical pets, Zandalari Trolls were capable of taming Direhorns without the need for the item, and their starting pet was a direhorn.

Unread postPosted: Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:29 pm 
Master Hunter
Master Hunter

Realm: Shadow Council
Either that or one of the new dinos. Our Zandalaris will be young "recruits', so it is up in the air if they would know how to tame direhorns or have a lot of experience with them.

Unread postPosted: Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 am 
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Myzou wrote:
Something I haven't seen mentioned:

I think it'd be neat if like Gnomes and Goblins with Mechanical pets, Zandalari Trolls were capable of taming Direhorns without the need for the item, and their starting pet was a direhorn.

lol it's in the op :P