WoW Petopia Community
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/

Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculation]
http://forums.wow-petopia.com/viewtopic.php?f=59&t=25039
Page 2 of 3

Author:  Krysteena [ Sun Nov 05, 2017 5:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

While I'm a little disappointed to hear that there won't be any racial mounts for the new races, it does make sense because a lot of the mounts that would fit that race are already attainable in the game anyway.

I will keep my fingers crossed that they change their minds, though :) mainly because I'm holding out for an armoured moose, but that's not the point

Author:  pop [ Sun Nov 05, 2017 6:50 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Kayro wrote:
While I'm a little disappointed to hear that there won't be any racial mounts for the new races, it does make sense because a lot of the mounts that would fit that race are already attainable in the game anyway.

I will keep my fingers crossed that they change their minds, though :) mainly because I'm holding out for an armoured moose, but that's not the point

It would mean for the Nightborne to have to settle with Dragonhawks instead of Manasabres as mounts and Void Elves get cat.

But of course, I would use my First Arcanist Cat if I roll a Nightborne, and I would use Nightmare if I ever roll a Void Elf. But I love how Gara matches with Void Elf so much, so we'll see.

Author:  Qraljar [ Sun Nov 05, 2017 9:37 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

pop wrote:
Kayro wrote:
While I'm a little disappointed to hear that there won't be any racial mounts for the new races, it does make sense because a lot of the mounts that would fit that race are already attainable in the game anyway.

I will keep my fingers crossed that they change their minds, though :) mainly because I'm holding out for an armoured moose, but that's not the point

It would mean for the Nightborne to have to settle with Dragonhawks instead of Manasabres as mounts and Void Elves get cat.

But of course, I would use my First Arcanist Cat if I roll a Nightborne, and I would use Nightmare if I ever roll a Void Elf. But I love how Gara matches with Void Elf so much, so we'll see.


Oh, good that you brought up the Nightmare. That can be a good fit for the Void Elves.

So if they don't give any allied racial mounts, there's a list of obtainable mounts that fit pretty great.

Nightborne - Arcanist's Manasaber/Mystic Runesaber
Lightforged Draenei - Lightforged Warframe/Blessed & Avenging Felcrushers (Holy Elekk)
Dark Iron Dwarves - Core Hound (WoW anniversary Molten Core)
Void Elves - Lucid Nightmare
Highmountain Tauren - Any of the available Highmountain moose mounts
Zandalari Trolls - Armored Skyscreamer/Direhorn mounts/one of the undoubtedly many dino mounts to come next expansion

Not all of these are easy to get, or even still available, but if you have them, they make for great combinations, I'd say.

Still wish the addition of Highmountain Tauren would have finally led to eagle mounts, though.

Author:  GormanGhaste [ Sun Nov 05, 2017 10:56 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Lucid Nightmare is a great ground mount for void elves! I think a lot of mounts can work for both new elf races. Ideas for void elf flying mounts:
  • Celestial Steed
  • Mystic Runesaber
  • Purple Netherwing Drake
  • Dark Phoenix
  • Astral Cloud Serpent
  • Heavenly Onyx Cloud Serpent

Author:  pop [ Sun Nov 05, 2017 11:06 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Qraljar wrote:
pop wrote:
Kayro wrote:
While I'm a little disappointed to hear that there won't be any racial mounts for the new races, it does make sense because a lot of the mounts that would fit that race are already attainable in the game anyway.

I will keep my fingers crossed that they change their minds, though :) mainly because I'm holding out for an armoured moose, but that's not the point

It would mean for the Nightborne to have to settle with Dragonhawks instead of Manasabres as mounts and Void Elves get cat.

But of course, I would use my First Arcanist Cat if I roll a Nightborne, and I would use Nightmare if I ever roll a Void Elf. But I love how Gara matches with Void Elf so much, so we'll see.


Oh, good that you brought up the Nightmare. That can be a good fit for the Void Elves.

So if they don't give any allied racial mounts, there's a list of obtainable mounts that fit pretty great.

Nightborne - Arcanist's Manasaber/Mystic Runesaber
Lightforged Draenei - Lightforged Warframe/Blessed & Avenging Felcrushers (Holy Elekk)
Dark Iron Dwarves - Core Hound (WoW anniversary Molten Core)
Void Elves - Lucid Nightmare
Highmountain Tauren - Any of the available Highmountain moose mounts
Zandalari Trolls - Armored Skyscreamer/Direhorn mounts/one of the undoubtedly many dino mounts to come next expansion

Not all of these are easy to get, or even still available, but if you have them, they make for great combinations, I'd say.

Still wish the addition of Highmountain Tauren would have finally led to eagle mounts, though.


Great list!

I would also add the fiery molten horse from recruit a friend as a very fitting mount for Dark Iron. And also I almost forgot about Void Wing and Shadow Phoenix ; Those are very fitting for Void Elves too!

and Of course don't forget Arcane Hippogriffs for Nightborns!

For Highmountain, I'm just happy I have the Grovewarden XD

Author:  Myzou [ Thu Nov 09, 2017 5:35 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Something I haven't seen mentioned:

I think it'd be neat if like Gnomes and Goblins with Mechanical pets, Zandalari Trolls were capable of taming Direhorns without the need for the item, and their starting pet was a direhorn.

Author:  Valnaaros [ Thu Nov 09, 2017 6:29 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Either that or one of the new dinos. Our Zandalaris will be young "recruits', so it is up in the air if they would know how to tame direhorns or have a lot of experience with them.

Author:  pop [ Mon Nov 13, 2017 2:21 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Myzou wrote:
Something I haven't seen mentioned:

I think it'd be neat if like Gnomes and Goblins with Mechanical pets, Zandalari Trolls were capable of taming Direhorns without the need for the item, and their starting pet was a direhorn.

lol it's in the op :P

Author:  pop [ Sat Dec 02, 2017 12:55 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GifahTVQhbs

void warpstalker for void elves. and they also get void chicken as mount XD

Author:  Wain [ Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:07 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

It's odd that the nightborne starting pet is a manasaber since they're currently exotic spirit beasts and so are restricted to BM on live. That was my only concern with the suggestion that they should give core hounds to dark iron dwarves, so maybe it won't be an issue.

I'm still hoping (and I know this is contentious) that they abolish the Exotic category entirely (and instead allow BM to just get more out of any pet family), and maybe this is a sign that this is happening in 8.0.

Author:  Krysteena [ Sat Dec 02, 2017 1:31 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

I would like if they did get rid of the BM 'exotic' tag on pets/wouldn't be bothered if they did, but at the same time I would understand, and be fine, if they didn't. A problem I could see with Nightborne having an exotic pet right off the bat would be that, if you wanted to change spec, you'd be missing a pet until you got around to taming another one. Not a huge deal overall, but having to play BM for however long it would take to get access to a non-BM pet could be an annoyance, especially for those who really don't like the BM spec.

Also, I did notice the Voidstalker for Void Elves which looks absolutely amazing - and I love the stark white eyes it has. If Blizzard would like to throw that onto a beast so other hunters could get it, that would be dandy. Not a huge loss if they didn't, but definitely a plus if they did :)

Author:  Valnaaros [ Sat Dec 02, 2017 2:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

It is possible that this Mana Saber is an exception. That it isn't a Spirit Beast, but just a normal cat. Would allow low Lvl Nightborne to switch specs without having to lose it.

For VEs, part of me hopes that they keep the Voidstalker just as the starting pet for VEs. Would give them something unique that others Hunters don't have.

Author:  Myzou [ Sat Dec 02, 2017 9:46 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Doubtful. One of the reasons they announced the mecha bond matrix so quickly was because people were complaining gnome hunters got a unique starting pet.

The idea behind starting pets isn't for them to be unique.

On top of that, it'd mean if you race changed to one of the races with a unique pet, you'd be shit out of luck, even though you were now that race.

I imagine this just means we'll get voidstalkers as tameable and possibly mana sabers being added to the cat family rather than spirit beast, if they keep exotic.

Author:  pop [ Sun Dec 03, 2017 6:24 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Wain wrote:
It's odd that the nightborne starting pet is a manasaber since they're currently exotic spirit beasts and so are restricted to BM on live. That was my only concern with the suggestion that they should give core hounds to dark iron dwarves, so maybe it won't be an issue.

I'm still hoping (and I know this is contentious) that they abolish the Exotic category entirely (and instead allow BM to just get more out of any pet family), and maybe this is a sign that this is happening in 8.0.

I actually had hoped that the Nightbornes get Manawyrms while Void Elves get a fox that changes into shadowform in combat, just like the minipet.

Author:  Myzou [ Mon Dec 04, 2017 2:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

I'm kinda surprised nightborne don't have owlkittens (and start with the ability to tame feathermanes) considering suramar is flooded with owlkittens. WAY moreso than manasabers. Even an owl would work, as it's what the nightborne hunters in suramar city use.

Author:  Valnaaros [ Mon Dec 04, 2017 10:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Whilst there is more Owlcats in Suramar, you never see the Nightborne using them (as far as I can recall). They breed Manasaberd as both domestic pets and hunting companions. Dame goes for Owls.

Author:  Wain [ Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:32 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Yeah, it seems like manasabers are really their thing. The use of (what is usually) an exotic is still a bit of a surprise but it’s quite possible these are special exemptions. But I’m still hoping the exotic restriction is being revised completely.

I’m surprised HMTs don’t get a moose. They should have a moose everything.

I’m hoping Dark Irons get the new-model (diemetradon) incendosaur.

Author:  Valnaaros [ Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:38 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

With HMTs, it makes sense that they are getting eagles. The Skymane Tribe is the most notable group of Hunters in Highmountain, and they all use eagles.

Author:  Wain [ Mon Dec 04, 2017 11:48 am ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Valnaaros wrote:
With HMTs, it makes sense that they are getting eagles. The Skymane Tribe is the most notable group of Hunters in Highmountain, and they all use eagles.

Yeah. Actually I think it’d be great for personalisation if every race got to choose from, say, three different starting pets for their hunter. But that would probably require a recode of the character creation interface, so probably not going to happen.

Author:  Krysteena [ Mon Dec 04, 2017 12:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Oh, I do like that idea, Wain :) That way there's a little variety when you get a starting pet, and it's not necessarily a 'you get this pet, have at thee' sort of thing :') not saying it should be done, because that it a lot of coding, but definitely a nice quality-of-life to have :)

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 5 hours [ DST ]
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/