WoW Classic pets

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: WoW Classic pets

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Yeah, I believe so. AQ came in 1.9.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I don't think I'll poke at it unless mounts are involved. My main is a pally tank and I would hate to spend my raid time buffing everyone instead

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Yeah, I want the white raptor and the palomino but...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Yeah I think those mounts were removed really early. They’re unlikely to base it in such an early patch, unless they make a kind of hybrid from different patches. Let’s face it, someone is going to be unhappy regardless of the patch they choose.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Oh yeah, definitely. Can't please everyone.
Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

I know for a fact that broken tooth was a great dps pet for hunters, think rare spawn pets had better status then the regular ones back then i think?
Ikult
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Nesingwary (horde); Moon Guard (alli)

Unread post by Ikult »

Valfreya wrote:Oh I just thought of something, so back in vanilla the ZG bat was the fastest attack speed pet we could get. I wonder if they are going to return ZG to its former glory, which might bring back the ZG tiger.... Oh man, how cool would that be. I would level a toon on there to raid ZG again.
THIS!

I will gladly go through the inconvenience of vanilla just so I can revisit ZG again! ZG was my first, and still my favourite, raid, and I would love to see it again. I miss being the person Mandokir charged, since I was the tank-iest ranged dps of the group. XD

But I agree, it's going to be interesting to see people go back to Classic and see how, well, hard the game was. It was slow and tedious and broken- but we played it anyway, because at it's core it's an amazing game, which time has obviously proven. I hope others get to play this experience and fall in love with it too, with all the weirdness Classic had!

(Just don't catch me doing Molten Core again, I still see all that lava in my nightmares sometimes, its burned into my retinas.)
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Unread post by evil950510 »

Have not posted in awhile but thought this video would explain everything you did not know about the history of hunter's pets.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vrtvj1SoUFo