The future of Duskstalker?

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

The future of Duskstalker?

Unread post by evil950510 »

With the destruction of Teldrassil next expansion what will happen to Duskstalker http://www.wow-petopia.com/look.php?id= ... ownosaddle?
There is only one cat with this skin in game, so will Duskstalker be retired or be relocated?
evil950510
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Alleria

Re: The future of Duskstalker?

Unread post by evil950510 »

Here may be the answer

Q: With the Horde attacking Teldrassil and the Alliance attacking Undercity, what are your plans for starting zones?
A: Starting zones won't change, other than improvements. In order to appreciate the burning of Teldrassil, you need to start there - grow up there and when you hit 110, we'll burn it all down. Same thing with Lordaeron. Once you level up and catch up to events, the world changes around you.

So, before hitting 110 you can still go back and easily tame Duskstalker.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

There must be some way of phasing and going back or you could no longer help starting characters. Then again the starting zones of goblins and worgen are restricted so maybe it's not a concern to them.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Thwip
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Elune/Gilneas [US]

Unread post by Thwip »

Considering lots of Holidays also have achieves based in both Undercity -and- Teldrassil....we may end up seeing some Bronze Dragon shenanigans in order to access these areas the way they were prior to getting wrecked.

Btag name is Buu! US Horde

Thwip - Xanbu - Lymphoma

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

It's hard to say. They made it sound like that, once you're 110, those changes are permanent. Like how the destruction to the Vale was permanent. They have also said in a recent Q and A that they like some things to be permanent, without having Zidormi to swap phases for you. They might implement her for holidays, or they'll just remove the holidays and the achieves associated with them in those cities.
WingedCaduceus
Realm: Borean Tundra

Unread post by WingedCaduceus »

That'd be pretty rough for Hallow's end (being based in undercity), but I agree that it's possible. It looks like they're going to have to do a lot of reworking for holidays, especially the trick-or-treat style holidays.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

They should have Dusktalker spawn in the water around the burning ashes and just paddle around, like he said "NOPE!" and jumped ship :lol:
Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

So.... I'll need to go grab that one again before my home burns, talk about more salt in my wounds as a NE Hunter :(

I'm only half hearted complaining about taming, I'M REALLY SAD ABOUT THE TREE THOUGH. T.T

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

It's like the only way the devs can think to motivate us is by blowing up beautiful things. They must have been spanked too much as children :(
Miacoda
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn(US) - Alliance, Nesingwary(US) - Horde

Unread post by Miacoda »

Bring out the Bronze Dragons?

Thank you to everyone who has made me a signature!
AKA TheDoomcookie
Mia's Stable|DeviantArt|Tumblr

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I hope we can talk them into that between now and then, although I think I remember reading a dev quote saying they didn't want to put those dragons everywhere.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I read the same thing. They don't mind us switching between past and present for some things, but not all. Teldrassil and UC, they said, are the ones that won't have Zidormi.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

GormanGhaste wrote:It's like the only way the devs can think to motivate us is by blowing up beautiful things. They must have been spanked too much as children :(
It would be more of a motivation if we could ever actually save something, fix something. Having something beautiful ruined forever with no redemption just makes me sad more than motivated. My main is not a night elf, but a dwarf. However, I leveled her in Darkshore and Ashenvale. Mostly cause I got lost and couldn't figure out how to get "home" but, that's beside the point hehe. This was back in WOTLK and she was my first character. I guess she's a bit like a hobbit that loves the elves. It's the reason she uses a bow most of the time instead of a gun. Losing Auberdine in Cataclysm was, still is, painful. Now...this....*sigh* It almost makes me not want to play. But, Kul Tiras is too interesting not to. At least there is that.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

I know what you mean. I'm still angry about cataclysm, and actually walked away from the game for a while after what happened to the vale.
Teigan
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

I know. The Vale.... I actually came back from a break without knowing that had happened, since I wasn't paying attention, and it made me want to leave again. If they would just let us fix something for real for once. Just rebuild. At the rate they tear the world down, there's going to be nothing left.
Xota
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Ner'zhul (US)

Unread post by Xota »

Too bad we can't get Khadgar to teleport some Night Elf towns and forests to on top of Shaldrassil. Warfronts might feel like we're building something, but I doubt they're going to have anything permanent, unless they use the art assets elsewhere. And I don't know if it's just going to be Orcs and Humans (like garrisons were), or if there's going to be Night Elf and Undead themed battles. I miss the WC3 version of the ancients, where they actually plant themselves into the ground.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

The Stromgarde Warfront won't be the only one, they said. There will be several others; Stromgarde is just the first. I would be very surprised if there isn't one somewhere in northern Kalimdor.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Meanwhile in Teldrassil...

Unread post by Wain »

Meanwhile, in Teldrassil...

This is SpiritBinder's work, but he was too shy to post ;)
Attachments
This Is Fine.jpg
This Is Fine.jpg (474.03 KiB) Viewed 23245 times
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Lol! Nice one, Spiritbinder :)
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

That picture is amazing! :lol: So much better than what I was working on.