Doubts, Hati, double pet and more.

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Doubts, Hati, double pet and more.

Unread post by Syleye »

Hati as a planet actually makes perfect sense and is quite a good option

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I would like to see Hati tameable as a mob in a special instance/zone or the like that only hunters can enter, and inside are all the different variants of Hati that you've unlocked on your character.

I also think that, instead of Hati being actually there, they could be pups of Hati, or different wolves completely and do just share the look. Like how we've got caves with three different Feathermanes in - we have an instance/zone with the different variants of Hati in there as separate mobs.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Syleye wrote:Hati as a planet actually makes perfect sense and is quite a good option
Hati as a planet? And then the Azeroth Astronomical Society downgrades his status to minor planet? :D
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Wain wrote:
Syleye wrote:Hati as a planet actually makes perfect sense and is quite a good option
Hati as a planet? And then the Azeroth Astronomical Society downgrades his status to minor planet? :D
oh wow total fail talent is what I meant :lol:

Pokcmvmxckm
Apprentice Hunter
Apprentice Hunter
Realm: Sen'jin NA

Unread post by Pokcmvmxckm »

I'm kinda hoping Hati becomes a toy, summoning a Non-combat Hati to follow you around. Hati would still be effected by the Essence Swapper but she would not attack. Either that, or Hati becomes baseline, and we get to keep her for the rest if time. I doubt that will happen but I can dream.
Kayro wrote:I would like to see Hati tameable as a mob in a special instance/zone or the like that only hunters can enter, and inside are all the different variants of Hati that you've unlocked on your character.

I also think that, instead of Hati being actually there, they could be pups of Hati, or different wolves completely and do just share the look. Like how we've got caves with three different Feathermanes in - we have an instance/zone with the different variants of Hati in there as separate mobs.
This I like! She could be in that unused area above True Shot, you know the snowy peak with all the critters running around.
Teigan
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore (A), Thrall (H)

Unread post by Teigan »

Wain wrote:
Attachments
hati is a planet.png
hati is a planet.png (811.95 KiB) Viewed 12601 times
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Syleye »

Teigan wrote:
Wain wrote:
Oh my gosh that's wonderful. :lol:

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

They named a moon of Saturn Hati in 2007. It has the fastest spin of all of Saturn's moons. Saturn also has a moon named Skoll.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Teigan wrote:
Wain wrote:

:lol:
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Boven
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

Poor Hati got Pluto'd
Shade
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Alliance: Garona; Horde: Nordrassil

Unread post by Shade »

I am hoping that they allow us to keep two pets as a BM. After so many years of wanting something just like that, its really hard to swallow that they are only giving it to us for one expansion then it is gone. :(

I don't really care if it is Hati specifically-I always kept him looking like another of my pets-but I am going to be very, very disappointed if we do not get to keep using two pets as a BM.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I do too, I just hope they can fix the awkwardness that still exists. Or maybe a "lone wolf" type option, but for BM I guess it would be "dual wield wolf" or "titanwolf"

I'm mixing my metaphors: a talent that lets us go two pets.
Ickabob
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Proudmoore

Unread post by Ickabob »

I'll just leave this here. #SaveHati
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

I love that, Ickabob! :) I do hope they add a tamable Hati somewhere. Perhaps they could make "pups of Hati" and put them up on the peak above Trueshot? They would be easily reached, in a meaningful place, and you could even have them on a short respawn timer so that people don't have to camp them.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Valnaaros wrote:I love that, Ickabob! :) I do hope they add a tamable Hati somewhere. Perhaps they could make "pups of Hati" and put them up on the peak above Trueshot? They would be easily reached, in a meaningful place, and you could even have them on a short respawn timer so that people don't have to camp them.
This was the same idea I had, yeah :) Put the Hati skins somewhere where we can access the different variants we've unlocked, but don't make them rares or anything so people don't fight over them. I do love an electric wolf, but I'd like to pick my electric wolf - not have it be a constant and mess with my aesthetic :lol:

Also, if Hati does truly die when we inevitably give up our artifact weapon (as I think you may have mentioned at one point), then the different variants being the pups would make sense, since they'd be close enough to Hati, but they wouldn't necessarily be tied in with a weapon. Plus, little electric wolf puppies? I'm sold.
zedxrgal
Realm: Nesingwary, Vek'nilash

Unread post by zedxrgal »

I wish they would think up a quest line to return to Thorim to save Hati. What would be really cool is if an updated model of Skoll could also be somehow included. Thorim helped up save Hati once. Why not again?
Like maybe tie it to the essence swapper where Hati goes into that and you have to break it (or Thorim has to) to bring him back. Maybe Skoll could somehow help. Like Skoll electrically charges the swapper along with Thorim to the point it overloads & shatters releasing Hati.
Make it happen Blizzard!

Below signature by LupisDarkmoon
My FR Lair! :mrgreen: My Lion Den!

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Thorim didn't exactly help us. When the power of Titanstrike exploded, Hati took the blunt of it and absorbed the power. Due to the explosion, Hati was going to die, until Mimiron suggested that we bind our spirit with Hati's in order to keep it alive.

Now, we don't know how the Artifacts are going to go away, but a popular theory is that we use them to help seal the wound in Silithus. Assuming we do that, then Titanstrike's power would be used up, which might kill Hati.
zedxrgal

I don't remember WHO gave the suggestion. :roll: But the idea as a way to save Hati is valid.
No we don't know 100% if the artifacts are going away but so far indications are pointing that way. But yes. It's too early to tell and Blizzard changes their mind a lot. :|

Valnaaros
Pet Finder

They probably will be going away in some fashion. After all, if their power isn't used up or they arem't destroyed, why don't we just keep using them?

However, thinking about it, your idea could work. Perhaps Mimiron, over the past year, and thought of a way to save Hati? He couldn't think of it at the time of the BM questline since there wasn't much time, but he has had plenty of time since then.
zedxrgal

Recovering from a major surgery leaves one a little foggy headed. :lol: Poor Mimiron got completely forgotten about by me. :oops:
But I love the collaboration idea. Heh.
As annoying as that damned glitchy wolf can be I'm quite attached to him. I really would like to keep him even as a single pet.