Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculation]

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculation]

Unread post by pop »

Ok, what would be the right fit for each ally race?

I'm thinking for the Horde: Nightbornes getting owls, Highmountain Taurens getting moose, and Zandalari Troll getting a Direhorn and all Zandalari do not need to get Dinomancy book to tame Dire Horns or maybe just new feathered raptors.

As for the alliance, I think Void elves would get Mana Rays Lightforged Draeneis would have Marsuuls, and Dark Iron would either get fiery scorpids.

What about ally races' mounts?
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Re: Ally races and starting hunter pets and mounts [speculat

Unread post by Lupen202 »

I think Draenei could get talbuk personally, others sound fine though. Maybe Nightborne could get night sabers as well though.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I see the Nightborne with the sabers more so than the owls but either would be good.

Divixon
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Frostmourne Alliance

Unread post by Divixon »

worgens still dont have a model update? :C
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Looks like Highmountain tauren have eagles as their starter pet currently, I saw some character screen stuff from a stream.
Qraljar
Pet Finder
Realm: Argent Dawn-EU

Unread post by Qraljar »

Ziroth wrote:worgens still dont have a model update? :C
This does bother me, to be frank.
Kunchong for hunter pets!

Thanks to Moonlost for the awesome avatar!
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Ziroth wrote:worgens still dont have a model update? :C
Probably soon. Kezan is gonna be a dungeon apparently so the goblin/worgen updates will probably happen at or shortly after launch.
Kind of annoying that QUILBOAR seem to have got an update first...
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Has anyone been able to tell if the Void Elves have more than one skin hue? They kinda look like vampires right now. =P

GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Talihawk wrote:Has anyone been able to tell if the Void Elves have more than one skin hue? They kinda look like vampires right now. =P
...elves are vampires! Haven't you seen our fangs? :)
Talihawk
Petopia Artist
Realm: Dalaran

Unread post by Talihawk »

Also, the tag line on Blizzard's page says we are getting a total of 6 new 'allied races'. The four we already know about and then two more later on.

So what's the other two? Supposedly it's been said Worgen are still on the 'we want to update, we'll get to it eventually' back burner.

And as much as I'd love to get a Vulpera, I'm not sure that's going to happen. (sigh)

Vephriel

Talihawk wrote:Also, the tag line on Blizzard's page says we are getting a total of 6 new 'allied races'. The four we already know about and then two more later on.

So what's the other two? Supposedly it's been said Worgen are still on the 'we want to update, we'll get to it eventually' back burner.

And as much as I'd love to get a Vulpera, I'm not sure that's going to happen. (sigh)
There were 6 announced in this trailer! (void elves, light draenei, dark iron dwarves, nightborne, highmountain tauren, zandalari trolls)

That's just to begin with, we don't know how many others we're going to get, but they're definitely more planned. All I'm praying for at this point are undead elves. T-T
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Vephriel wrote:Looks like Highmountain tauren have eagles as their starter pet currently, I saw some character screen stuff from a stream.
that makes sense! Their heritage back piece is a pair of winged totem too#! Does that mean only Skyhorn tribe is going to join the Horde?
pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

Vephriel wrote:
Talihawk wrote:Also, the tag line on Blizzard's page says we are getting a total of 6 new 'allied races'. The four we already know about and then two more later on.

There were 6 announced in this trailer! (void elves, light draenei, dark iron dwarves, nightborne, highmountain tauren, zandalari trolls)

That's just to begin with, we don't know how many others we're going to get, but they're definitely more planned. All I'm praying for at this point are undead elves. T-T
I want mecha gnomes!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I've comprised a little list below of what I'm thinking/hoping. I'm really hoping for new racial mounts but, because some mounts that already match the race are in-game, it's a bit more hopeful. I'm hoping for 2-4 racial mounts for the new allies, should they actually give new mounts for the allied races.

Nightborne pet: Manasaber or owl, from what we've seen
Nightborne mount Manasaber, again, and have the same deal as the other racial mounts. Unarmoured Manasabers at level 20, and armoured Manasabers at level 40? They may have issues differenciating them from current Manasaber mounts, though

Highmountain pet: I was going to say moose, but, after reading what's already been posted, an eagle makes more sense
Highmountain mount: Unarmoured and armoured moose. The colour variants, I'm guessing, would be the brown w/ red eyes moose, and the black moose, as these don't have mounted attached to them currently. The black moose, in particular, is one I'd want for Krys, should it be added. Although, maybe eagle mounts would be a thing?

Zandalari pet: Devilsaur or Pterosaur
Zandalari mount: I'm leaning more towards Devilsaurs than any sort of Raptor or Pterosaur. Again, as above, unarmoured and armoured ones would both be implemented. However, sizing issues for Devilsaur mounts may be a thing. Zandalari aren't exactly small, for one

Lightforged Draenei pet: Talbuk or a Mana Ray
Lightforged Draenei mount: Either more Elekks or Talbuk? I'm not entirely sure on that one really. I feel like the appropriate mounts for this allied race, in particular, have already been added with the Argussian Reach and Army of the Light mounts.

Void Elf pet: Scythehorn? One that utilises the Lucid Nightmare colouring. Or, maybe, they have an 'aberration' as a pet rather than an actual creature, that they've pulled out of the void or something like that
Void Elf mount: Again, something voidy. A void Warpstalker mount might be pretty cool. A Warpstalker mount, in general, would be cool as well
Lupen202
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Burning Blade, Frostwolf, Proudmoore

Unread post by Lupen202 »

Didn't even think about racial mounts, if we get some. But I'd prefer eagles for highmountain. Normally don't get flying mounts but considering you need to be max level to even unlock these I think they could be a bit of an exception.

Neiara - NE Hunter - Burning Blade (US) - Denial of Service

| My Mount Collection |
| Flight Rising |

Rikaku
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Muradin

Unread post by Rikaku »

Vephriel wrote:Looks like Highmountain tauren have eagles as their starter pet currently, I saw some character screen stuff from a stream.
I played both lightforged draenei and highmountain Hunter tauren in the dungeon runs. That is correct on HM tauren, and LF draenei have argus talbuk.

The HM tauren have a stampede charge ability that interrupts in a straight line. The LF draenei have a holy light blast AoE ability.

Mounts were unavailable.

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

According to an interview, they don't plan on making unique racial mounts for all of them. :/
Vephriel

It was my one last hope of the eagle mount we were robbed of, would be perfect for Highmountain tauren... :(

I understand them not making custom dances for the new races as that's a lot of animation work, but most of these could easily have some simple recolours or existing models for mounts. Even if it was just 1 single mount instead of a variety since they're not quite like regular playable races.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I do hope they change their mind and give an armored moose and an eagle for Highmountains. It is early on in beta, so you never know :)
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Watching a steam, Highmountains do get the brown (traditional) eagle variant for their starting pet.

Lightforged get the unique Orange w/ Sideswept Talbuk variant for their starting pet.