What is your Allied Race wish list?

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Re: What is your Allied Race wish list?

Unread post by Valnaaros »

If the speculation is true, they will be om both sides. Wrathion appears to be joining the Alliance. The Highmountain are joining the Horde, which means that Ebonhorn will be. The speculation is that they bestow the blessings of the Dragonsworn upon individuals on the Horde and Alliance.

Well said, Syleye. I am very happy and grateful that Blizz has given us new races, let alone six of them. I look forward to seeing what the next batch is :)
Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Valnaaros wrote:Dragonsworn are mortals that have vowed their lives and services to a Dragonflight. In return, they'll receive blessings from their flight. For example, Xarantaur is a Tauren that swore himself to the Bronze Dragonflight millennia ago, and was blessed with immortality.

Dragonspawn are those dragonkin that are bipedal or have the lower body of a dragon, and an upper reptillian/humanoid body. It is believed that the first Dragonsworn eventually became the Dragonspawn.

If the leak is true, then they might give us a humanoid race with dragon features.
I remember someone pointing out long ago that if you look closely at the original dragonspawn models in game, you can see what looks to be flesh or human toes/fingers on the inner legs and arms, and then dragon claws/features on the outer, as if to reflect that transformation, or to indicate that they were originally humans who slowly became dragons with that blessing.
Shepard
Realm: Die Aldor

Unread post by Shepard »

I cant say there is a reskin of a exisiting race im realy waiting for...
If we are talking new races, i would love to see some playable Lizard/Bird type Humanoids.
I know they dont want to touch draenor anymore so arrakoa are a little hard to come by but maybe a tribe of intelligent harpys on azeroth is waiting to be included into the Alliance? Maybe some crazy horde scientist is using the knowledge to shape flesh that they found in Pandaria to create Saurok warriors for the horde? Who knows what the devs are up to. I mean...nobody asked about void longears and yet here we are, i even know some people who want to racechange for them.
Razzy
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Razzy »

I still want ogres for the Horde. Would definitely be a new race rather than an allied, but I’ve always wanted to play as one.
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

Razzy wrote:I still want ogres for the Horde. Would definitely be a new race rather than an allied, but I’ve always wanted to play as one.
Ditto
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Vephriel wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:Dragonsworn are mortals that have vowed their lives and services to a Dragonflight. In return, they'll receive blessings from their flight. For example, Xarantaur is a Tauren that swore himself to the Bronze Dragonflight millennia ago, and was blessed with immortality.

Dragonspawn are those dragonkin that are bipedal or have the lower body of a dragon, and an upper reptillian/humanoid body. It is believed that the first Dragonsworn eventually became the Dragonspawn.

If the leak is true, then they might give us a humanoid race with dragon features.
I remember someone pointing out long ago that if you look closely at the original dragonspawn models in game, you can see what looks to be flesh or human toes/fingers on the inner legs and arms, and then dragon claws/features on the outer, as if to reflect that transformation, or to indicate that they were originally humans who slowly became dragons with that blessing.
That's really cool! I had no idea of any of that and had wondered where dragonspawn fit into the flights. I figured they were just something that hatched from their eggs now and then, like drones :)
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

I've went back through the pages, I can't find what leaks refer to Dragonsworn/spawn?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

It is somewhere in the mmo-c 8.0 speculation thread. It was several weeks ago that this leak came forward (in the form of a riddle).
Quiv
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Thrall - Garona (US)

Unread post by Quiv »

Oh it was in that one. Gotcha, thought it was something newer.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

I know it's pretty unlikely, but I'd like to be able to play a centaur.
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Inay wrote:I know it's pretty unlikely, but I'd like to be able to play a centaur.
So would I, I think they’d be great. I imagine player armour wouldn’t be too impossible to contort into some kind of barding for the centaur’s back, though it may need a bit of work that might put them off doing it. The rest of their body could probably wear it like existing races do.

Mount use could be a problem, though, and that may deter developers further. I’m not sure there’s any elegant way of sitting a centaur on the back of a bird, or in a vehicle. Maybe they could really hunch up, like a dog sitting. But placing a centaur on top of a horse could be, er, well... :/
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

If Centaurs and/or Dryads were to ever become playable, they probably wouldn't be able to use mounts. They would probably have an ability like the Worgen do that would allow them to run as fast as a ground mount, and maybe somesort of magic that allows them to flight. Think the Horseman's steed or the Winter's Veil reindeer :)
Vephriel

Valnaaros wrote:If Centaurs and/or Dryads were to ever become playable, they probably wouldn't be able to use mounts. They would probably have an ability like the Worgen do that would allow them to run as fast as a ground mount, and maybe somesort of magic that allows them to flight. Think the Horseman's steed or the Winter's Veil reindeer :)
While I can definitely see certain awkward races having alternative means of mounting, I feel like Blizzard couldn't feasibly create a race that could not use mounts *at all* when mounts are such a core possession of the game. If someone happened to only have 1 single character, and changed them into that race, then their entire mount collection would become unusable. Mounts may only be vanity items and their appearance doesn't affect or change gameplay, but I think they're still too important for them to consider locking a player/race out of entirely.

Which is unfortunate since it does feel like it crosses out a lot of potential races. Naga I can still see working if they rode side-saddle, but things like centaur or nerubians are....hmm. Probably not realistic. T_T
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's true, Veph. I mean, even if players understood that by playing a Nerubian/Dryad/Centaur meant that you couldn't use your mounts, I doubt that many people would be willing to pay that price.
Vephriel

Or they just say to hell with realism and let them stand up and surf on the backs of the saddles. :lol:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

That's quite a funny image :lol:
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

I think I have the solution: horse trailers :D (or horse floats, as we call 'em in Australia)

Your centaur summons the mount as usual, but it appears towing a horse trailer. You ride in the trailer :lol:
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

:lol:
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

Hmm, well maybe they have a shape-shift ability, and turn into the mounts?
Valnaaros
Pet Finder

I could see that for more natural mounts, but I can't see a Dryad turning into a motorcycle or a giant flying gnome's head ;)