What is your Allied Race wish list?

For discussion while BlizzCon is running. Anything pertinent to WoW will be moved to the appropriate forums after BlizzCon is over.
GormanGhaste
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Uldaman (and Ravencrest)

Re: What is your Allied Race wish list?

Unread post by GormanGhaste »

They can surf on top of the mech mounts, or be pressed up against the glass if it's something they have to ride inside :)
Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Valnaaros wrote:I could see that for more natural mounts, but I can't see a Dryad turning into a motorcycle or a giant flying gnome's head ;)
The new "Transformer" hero class.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

That sounds beautiful
Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Wain wrote:
Valnaaros wrote:I could see that for more natural mounts, but I can't see a Dryad turning into a motorcycle or a giant flying gnome's head ;)
The new "Transformer" hero class.
can't be worse than a tauren on a mecastrider. .. Taurens are basically minataurs so im sure they could find a solution to a centaur. ..though it might not be childfriendly seeing a centaur ride a Horse. .. tip.. DONT Google that....

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

pop
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by pop »

I always wanted to roll a Centaur, as I stated in the OP. My idea is, one of its racial is something like "Shifting Scirocco Sand". Being descendants of Theradaras, Centaurs would be able to turn themselves into a whirlwind of sand. It can only use this form out of combat, it can travel at mount speed. If centaurs use their mounts, they will turn into this form as well; the mount will have a whirlwind of sandstorm encircling it:- this would be how centaur mount.
Inay
Petopia Artist
Realm: Argent Dawn (EU)

Unread post by Inay »

For the flying form? Nice idea!
I agree that a centaur riding anything would look mostly silly (maybe a croutched/laying down posture on the giant-flying-mount, at most?) But wouldn't it be kind of expected when you roll an half-horse race?
Stuff would be the same as others toons, except invisible pants (like Taurens/trolls/draeneis invisibles shoes). And the shoes would be like legs protection on their horse legs
Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I am assuming we all remember bear druids riding the camels in Halls of Origination :D

Vephriel
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

Valnaaros
Pet Finder
Realm: Shadow Council

Unread post by Valnaaros »

Vephriel wrote:Image
:lol:
Zulmalakhan
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Defias Brotherhood

Unread post by Zulmalakhan »

Hoping those Seth'rak snake people become allied to the Horde :D could really go for a snake man, I'll say " I AM THE SERPENT KING, I CAN DO ANYTHING " :D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QIRX_D57QgE

and since they wear armor, but also have a naked skeletal frame with very detailed animations.... :D well, here's hoping :headbang: 8-)
Rhyela
Realm: US - Ysera

Unread post by Rhyela »

Not gonna lie, I personally feel it's kinda lame to give the Horde night elves and the Alliance blood elves. I know they're not the same thing, but they look very similar. I don't have a valid reason for feeling that way, I just do. :lol: It has nothing to do with lore or anything, I guess I just worry that somewhere down the road, we'll see "Anyone can play as anything! Any race! Any class! Any faction!" and uniqueness of any kind will be gone. That's probably over-dramatic and not at all the case, but I do worry.

That being said, I actually really like the Highmountain tauren. I always wanted either those fuzzy buffalo things from Northrend (taunka?), or the Highmountain. The Lightforged are very neat too, but I'm a little sad they don't have darker hair colors so I can change my priest without having her look too different from her current look.

As for potential other allied races, I really like the saberon (they could do awesome coat patterns and colors!) and the arakkoa (with vibrant plumage and "shiny trinkets" in their feathers). I've wanted naga for a long time, too. I agree that we could definitely use some more beast races.

Signature and avatar created by Serenith!

Slickrock wrote:Given their current trend, we'll probably get a spirit toucan that farts loops.