Rant Thread

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Lisaara »

That awkward yet depressing moment when someone hates you for no reason at school. I ain't gonna start drama or anything over it. I'll get over it. Just it's a bit of a shock to me, I guess.

To explain, it's a girl in our anime club. I'm secretary of the club. I found out I'm absolutely hated by someone in the anime club for no reason. Apparently she hates everyone except for two people. I know the President said it shouldn't bother me that she hates me but it really does bug me to a degree. I don't like it when people dislike me(let alone hate my very being) for no reason like that. I never did anything to deserve it. Hell, I've been trying to be her friend and encourage her to speak up more since we're majoring together.

The President says it's nothing personal. She's just extremely antisocial and hates people. Doesn't help her boyfriend coddles her. In the Web Development industry, you HAVE to be a people person. Hell, most jobs...you must deal with people in all shapes and forms.
She thinks I'm too loud or something. I'm just like "Wha? I'm only loud when I have to be cause people won't shut the hell up and listen to the officers when we have the floor. I'm quiet anytime else."

I don't know....my fiance says to just 'fuck her' cause she's not worth the effort if she's just gonna hate for no reason.

Then I come home to my fiance's step-father whining, bitching, and moaning about dog poop in the backyard. Now picking up poop wasn't much of an issue. It's the lying that he does to make his points that gets me. The fact he lied to my face to make a point with his overexaggerations and was aggressive from the moment I got home. I HATE liars with a bloody passion(same reason why I hate my fiance's friend. He lies a lot and plays the victim card all the time) and it's the surefire way to set me off.

I can tolerate him most days but today was one of those rare occasions where I couldn't. I had a terrible day as it was and I was in no mood to deal with his passive aggressiveness. Especially when he gave ultimatums like "Do it or get rid of Alley". Then proceeds to make it look like Alley is the only one that poops out there when infact Buddy does so far more often than Alley. I pick up far more little poops than big ones. It's natural cause Buddy is a smaller dog than Alley. So he's gonna poop more.

So in a nutshell, I had my breaking point today.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

URG. I had this nice idea in mind for my Sylveon OC (Essentially my Pokesona) when I'm randomly browsing dA and someone's come up with a really similar concept. :/ I mean sure it wasn't exactly unique or that creative, it was just a simple colour change, but what are the chances someone else is also going to come up with a Sylveon OC that is also purple? :/ It's not the fact that I won't be 'original' anymore that bothers me, not that a simple colour change is anything really that unique as I say, it's the fact that I bet someone at some point would find me and claim I 'stole their ideas'. Cause everyone knows what dA's like. I haven't submitted any artwork yet, I literally just started designing her and I barely use dA but I wanted to start more during the summer.

Sylveon's my favourite Pokemon and my favourite colour is purple so I thought it'd be nice to make my Pokesona purple... But now this... I dunno why it bothers me but it does. :/

Edit: OMG. And the OC Sylveon's eyes are green too... EXACTLY what mine looks like... :/ *screaming internally* Literally the only difference is theirs has a spiky collar. Wow, I won't be able to submit any artwork now without someone thinking I stole the design. Fuck this. :/

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Well, if it's just a re-color then they can't really complain...however if there are special marks/designs that are copied, then yeah...I wouldn't let it worry you Snowy.

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

crossposting a tumblr rant bc that's how mad i am

it bothers me a lot when people demean certain ways of talking/typing/certain forms of grammar bc like. your grammar isn’t any better than theirs??? there is no “better”. you want to know how to have good grammar? have grammar that is understandable. that’s literally all u have to do. can i understand what you’re saying? cool. your english is fine. i fucking hate superiority complexes about english, primarily because i ALSO used to think that way, still catch myself thinking that way sometimes, and work really hard to NOT think like that.

the beauty of linguistics is that all forms of all languages are valid, and none are more so than any other. why shit on dialects when you can marvel over the fact that you are getting to watch the slow process of the creation of a new language? think about that. not all dialects will become separate languages, ofc, but eventually some of them will. you are getting to see latin become spanish and french and italian and romanian and portuguese. how do you not find that exciting???

and like honestly. who the fuck cares abt grammar online. i mean yeah i’m gonna be a hardass abt grammar on papers and stories that are PROFESSIONAL WORK because we use a specific subset of english (american standard english) in those sorts of settings. but online??? in letters??? in texting??? it does not matter.

you are not better than anyone else just because you constantly use american standard english. pointing out people’s mistakes when they don’t matter is dickish, especially if you do it in a rude manner. no one cares. stop being a pretentious asshat.

#GIGGLING TO YOURSELF OVER MISTAKES THAT CAN CHANGE THE MEANING OF WHAT THEY'RE SAYING IS ONE THING #RUDELY POINTING IT OUT IS A WHOLE DIFFERENT PIECE OF BULLSHIT #WATCHING PEOPLE BEING ASSHOLES IN RP MAKES ME MAD
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Dear god people Avril Lavigne's new song is indeed bad but it's not racist! Stop saying it is because I'm seeing people on tumbler and twitter saying that and it's not.
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Hives.

UGH!

It itches so much. ;-;

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Aeladrine
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Frostwolf, Blackwater Raiders

Unread post by Aeladrine »

oh no sudden anxiety abt challenge modes oh nooooooooo
• Aela's Pet Journal

Totally fantastic avatars and signatures by Sookie, Nili, Serenith, and Kurenio.
Tumblr || Deviantart || WoW RP Blog

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Makoes wrote:Well, if it's just a re-color then they can't really complain...however if there are special marks/designs that are copied, then yeah...I wouldn't let it worry you Snowy.
It's literally just the fact it's purple with green eyes. :/ The Sylveon has a spiky collar on it's neck and I'm not even sure I want to give mine accessories or anything, I thought the colour change was enough. But believe me, it's dA, if anyone found out the two looked similar and mine came a year later, I'd get ripped to shreds for it. I hate dA.
cowmuflage wrote:Dear god people Avril Lavigne's new song is indeed bad but it's not racist! Stop saying it is because I'm seeing people on tumbler and twitter saying that and it's not.
Also I kinda like her new song lol, it's catchy. Dunno why people are tearing it apart, I thought it was cool. The video was silly but people are over-reacting like crazy. o.O

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Snowy wrote:
Makoes wrote:Well, if it's just a re-color then they can't really complain...however if there are special marks/designs that are copied, then yeah...I wouldn't let it worry you Snowy.
It's literally just the fact it's purple with green eyes. :/ The Sylveon has a spiky collar on it's neck and I'm not even sure I want to give mine accessories or anything, I thought the colour change was enough. But believe me, it's dA, if anyone found out the two looked similar and mine came a year later, I'd get ripped to shreds for it. I hate dA.
cowmuflage wrote:Dear god people Avril Lavigne's new song is indeed bad but it's not racist! Stop saying it is because I'm seeing people on tumbler and twitter saying that and it's not.
Also I kinda like her new song lol, it's catchy. Dunno why people are tearing it apart, I thought it was cool. The video was silly but people are over-reacting like crazy. o.O
Actually. There are several different purple Sylveon characters, some with green eyes and a few with other colored eyes, on Da. There are also a few normal colored ones with green eyes. So you will probably be fine.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

I won't bother with the song but the people who are crying "but she's like 30!!!" are really pissing me off.

Like, so? Who the hell cares? Music in children's movies are sung and written by adults mostly.

so yeah... Get over it

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Getting really tired of these "error attempting to sell" errors in the GW2 trading post. I just wanna post all the mats I've gathered so I can finally buy that damn mini X|
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

mpd_84 wrote:Actually. There are several different purple Sylveon characters, some with green eyes and a few with other colored eyes, on Da. There are also a few normal colored ones with green eyes. So you will probably be fine.
Really? I could only find the one. o: I know Sylveon's pretty popular these days though so there's plenty of OC ones out there, but if there's several then I guess it's not too bad. At least I haven't fully decided her design yet, though I think I want the ribbon ends to be different shades of purple as well instead of just changing the pink shades to purple like they did. Arg, I need to let it stop bothering me. :/ It's not that important but it bugged me like crazy last night for some reason.

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

mpd_84 wrote:Getting really tired of these "error attempting to sell" errors in the GW2 trading post. I just wanna post all the mats I've gathered so I can finally buy that damn mini X|
That makes me so irritated. I get my bags filled easily by running around gathering and looting my kills. I try to sell it off and it takes ages because of that annoying message

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

When your friend upsets you and they even ASK if it upset you because you KNOW they care but you just really, really don't want to give them a straight answer. :/ I feel so needy...

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

NCR why do you want me to kill the Brotherhood of Steel. They be my homies D:
Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

Cow, if you kept the other dude and didn't replace him, and you're really friendly with the BoS then you can spare them and work out a truce. NCR won't like it, but whatever. They'll still think you're cool.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Oh awesome! :D
mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

One of mom's friends just lost her cat to a pair of jack russel terriers. They hopped the back fence and attacked him while he was sleeping on the porch. Animal control KNOWS THESE FUCKING CURS BY NAME and won't do shit cause "her cat should have been on a leash.". These dogs have killed at least one other cat AND attacked her neighbor.
Animal control has also told my neighbor that the large PITBULL that body slammed her door trying to attack her is a "friendly dog." cause the owner says so.
This same animal control group has a history of bully vets for their client lists, claiming it's for dog bite info, then turning around and harassing those clients to go to them for vet care instead. When some vets refused claiming it was a privacy violation, they tried to bully the city counsel into taking the vets license away.

I wish we could get a chapter of the ASPCA here and force this group out. Half the time they won't even come out to look at a dog. They just make excuses and tell us to deal with the dog our selves.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

mpd_84 wrote:One of mom's friends just lost her cat to a pair of jack russel terriers. They hopped the back fence and attacked him while he was sleeping on the porch. Animal control KNOWS THESE FUCKING CURS BY NAME and won't do shit cause "her cat should have been on a leash.". These dogs have killed at least one other cat AND attacked her neighbor.
Animal control has also told my neighbor that the large PITBULL that body slammed her door trying to attack her is a "friendly dog." cause the owner says so.
This same animal control group has a history of bully vets for their client lists, claiming it's for dog bite info, then turning around and harassing those clients to go to them for vet care instead. When some vets refused claiming it was a privacy violation, they tried to bully the city counsel into taking the vets license away.

I wish we could get a chapter of the ASPCA here and force this group out. Half the time they won't even come out to look at a dog. They just make excuses and tell us to deal with the dog our selves.
Thars terrible! The CAT should be leashed? wtf? I hate jack russels with a passion and those posts about how pitballs are 'sweet innocent dogs" no they are not. I know certain breeds are ok with good owners but how many stories have I seen where people with "friendly" pitbulls have suddenly attacked for no reason? Bah.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

Castile wrote:
mpd_84 wrote:One of mom's friends just lost her cat to a pair of jack russel terriers. They hopped the back fence and attacked him while he was sleeping on the porch. Animal control KNOWS THESE FUCKING CURS BY NAME and won't do shit cause "her cat should have been on a leash.". These dogs have killed at least one other cat AND attacked her neighbor.

Thars terrible! The CAT should be leashed? wtf? I hate jack russels with a passion and those posts about how pitballs are 'sweet innocent dogs" no they are not. I know certain breeds are ok with good owners but how many stories have I seen where people with "friendly" pitbulls have suddenly attacked for no reason? Bah.
I can't think of a single law in this state that requires cats to be on leashes but there is one that requires DOGS to be leashed when off their owners property. So the dog catcher was probably talking shit to avoid work. All I know is I'm going to keep carrying my walking stick when I take my lapcat outside (on her leash because I don't want her going out in the road).
Most of the pits I've met actually are sweet dogs. I'm just pissed cause this one probably could have been a nice dog but it's owner tosses it outside to go feral. I wish they had seized it and given it to someone who would actually care for it.
But this groups not exactly known for properly caring for the animals they seize either :\