The Wedding Thread

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

The Wedding Thread

Unread post by Castile »

I've noticed we have alot of brides and grooms to be on this forum (and alot of long term couples) with some awesome cosplay wedding ideas too!! So since I'm in the mist of planning my own I thought I'd make a thread for everyone to dump ideas/cheap websites/designs/cosplay themes if they so wish! I think its awesome to share ideas and cost cutting suggestions as weddings can be a massive deal finance wise.

Or even if you've recently been married and have a lovely piccy please put it here too so we can draw inspiration from your special day!

To start us off...my wedding (so far) is being bought mostly online as being in Australia we are taxed so much everything is twice the price here!! My shoes are from the UK from this awesome site:
Euphoria
Including shipping they cost me $180 AUD (80 GBP + 20 GBP shipping) which is stupid cheap! Here I bought a secound lower pair for the reception that cost over $250 and they arent as nice.

My 'dream dress' I found online from china...Dress..$139 US 0.o I've ordered a test dress from the same site to see the quality but i so hope they are ok! Apparently alot of Aussie brides are doing this as wedding dresses range from $2000 to $10,000 here.

I want to make my own centerpeices too as I want abit of a cherry blossom theme (I'm anime mad so that was one way of getting in my fav thing). The vase's are from Ikea the branch design, just need to find some decent silk blossoms :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Re: The Wedding Thread

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

I'm familiar with the overseas dresses that you can order from bridal shops (Don't ask) and they are actually really good for the price you pay. They do arrive pretty wrinkly, but just give them a really good steam and they look grand. I would also pay the extra, measure yourself and have it tailored to your body size/shape/height, it will make all the difference.

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

i ordered a "trial" dress from the same place I plan on buying the wedding dress from and its pretty awesome! Just a $50 party dress, only fault the straps are a little big but otherwise perfect! Was going to wear it to another persons wedding in Jan but I'd prob die as the linning is very thick :S but I'm impressed!

Yes I will have it measured properly as you say SB :D and a little bigger may be best! This one has a corset back though so it should be easy to take in.

Shadowlands

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I know this is an old thread but...what kind of theme are you going with, just out of curiosity :)

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Abit of a classic white and pink theme...although I'm not sure i really have one tbh!! I want cherry blossoms as my centerpiece's and in my bouquets just because they are my favourite flowers (and on the cake too). White and pink roses in the bouquets too.

I want to do those figureprints of our old main toons for decoration on the main table but haven't thought beyond that.

I have ordered the dresses though..Bridesmaid will be a deep purple and my dress is white.

Shadowlands

Bonita
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Whisperwind (A), Nesingwary (H),

Unread post by Bonita »

That dress is gorgeous. It's similar to something I was originally planning on getting when I thought my relationship was actually going somewhere lol.

The white and pink theme with cherry blossoms sounds like it will be so beautiful.

Sig made by Iggypuff
Credit to Sookie, Kurenio, Thorka and Karin for the amazing sigs they made me and Kurenio, Thorka and Seilahyn for the awesome avatars.
Flight Rising!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

we had bought small battery-operated fountains and used those as part of our centre pieces on each guest table.

each table was strewn with rose petals, and had a runner down the middle in a nice rich blue.

the little fountains were dirt cheap. and we gave them away to guests at the end.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Just an update - The dress arrived and its perfect (i measured abit bigger like SB suggested) I totally recommend that site if you want a nice dress without the 4k price tag.

My $50 bridesmaid dress is also perfect :) I got my veil online too after seeing a $200 in a shop...got nearly the same one for $35!

Pity the rest of the wedding isnt this cheap!

Sukur: Those fountains sound lovely! I was thinking of led branch lights...

Shadowlands

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

My fiance and I finally settled on a theme for our wedding: Phantom of the Opera. :D

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Seeing about our centerpieces today (going to be cherry blossoms with candles hanging from them) although Suku foutains sound 100% more fabulous!

We are going to have figures made of our wow toons from that 3D printing site and wondered what people thought - i figured we'd dress them in a wedding dress/suit but my fiance thinks armour - what do you all think? They will either go with the cake table or on the head table at this stage...

Jun: that theme sounds awesome!! All I ask is one of my fav love songs :)

Shadowlands

Redith
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: several

Unread post by Redith »

Junrei wrote:My fiance and I finally settled on a theme for our wedding: Phantom of the Opera. :D
I freeking love it
Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Has anyone on here had any experience with silk flowers - specifically bouquets? I'm seriously considering them as flowers are so damned expensive and the bloody things just die 3 days later! Ive had some rather "impassioned" opinions about real flowers or gtfo but read some good stuff online about nobody really telling the difference/caring that they were fake - ideas?

Shadowlands

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

Well up to you but fake flowers can stand out to people who know flowers and plants. If you want a keepsake suck as your bouquet, there is this silicone powder stuff that you seal in a box with your flowers after wards. It dries them perfectly and they look amazing. after that a glass shadow box is a great way to show it off.
Also fakes will start to "unravel" after a few years