What was the last movie you saw??

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by Snowy »

Sci-fi I'm very picky with. Star Wars is something I simply cannot watch whereas Edge of Tomorrow, for example, I found to be a brilliant film.

Either way, I think me and my fiancé will at least go to see it. We've been away from our local cinema for a while and since we pay £15 a month for films there we might as well use it. :P

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Rewatched Screamers the other night. I was surprised at how well it held up - I found it pretty much as good as the first time I saw it! Not great, but certainly worth watching imo. One day I might even get around to reading the story it is based on...
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Transformers:age of extinction
Three words. Best. Film. Ever! I admit that Bay went a little overboard with explosions and how the hell did Hound and Drift and Crosswise get on Earth and not be noticed? There were so many points in time when they were needed and didn't show up. What happened to sideswipe? I liked him.

Poor Ratchet. RIP dude :(
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

The Kingdom of Dreams and Madness. If you are a fan of Studio Ghibli you should watch this doco it's really good!
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Kung Fu Elliot. A doco about Canada's "Number one Kung Fu man"

Yeah it was different XD
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

"Transcendence" with Johnny Depp, on Bluray.

It didn't go over well with audiences during its run, and I understand why.

I think it's a FAR better film than most people realized. Maybe it was just too smart for the average audience.
It certainly posed some very serious and thought-provoking questions.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

If you want to see Scarlett Johansson play a naked human eating alien then Under the Skin is for you!

The reason I'm seeing so many thing atm is because it's the NZ Film Festival. A good chance to see things that I normally would not get a chance.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Well I went to see Dawn of the Planet of the Apes yesterday with my boyfriend and a friend and honestly none of us were that impressed. It just came across as not all that creative, I went in expecting wonders from the CGI since that's all anyone ever went on about and really I didn't find it all that impressive. Especially with the deer and the bear at the start - they didn't look real. :/

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

if you went into the film only to see the CGI then you missed the most important part of the film.

"Step on no pets!"
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

cowmuflage wrote:If you want to see Scarlett Johansson play a naked human eating alien then Under the Skin is for you!

The reason I'm seeing so many thing atm is because it's the NZ Film Festival. A good chance to see things that I normally would not get a chance.
I loved that movie but the ending was sad. Also was it just me or was the beginning of that movie SO. ANNOYING.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Sukurachi wrote:if you went into the film only to see the CGI then you missed the most important part of the film.
I didn't. I just didn't enjoy the story either. But barely anyone spoke about the story - everyone told me how amazing the CGI was, not the plot.

Also, someone please tell me what the purpose of the teenage kid was? He was useless as far as I could tell.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

how was he "useless"?
people have children.
it happens.
the film would have felt contrived if only people who were crucial to plot advancement were present. that's the sort of thing you see in television writing.

that said: the son was a counterpoint to Caesar's son, they represented the ideal for which Malcolm and Caesar were striving: a safe haven for their families. Each of the main protagonists had an important thing or person to them. For Caesar and Malcolm, it was their children, wives, or group (in other words, family). For Dreyfus and Koba, it was a misplaced "duty" to each one's tribe, and an obsessive desire for "vengeance".

Carver and Koba shared the malignant need for blame and vengeance.

The two tribes were, in effect, at a critical juncture in their relationships. A tipping point, with internal forces working ceaselessly to push ion one direction or the other: war or peace.

You need only look at the news every day to see this type of situation in our real world: Ukraine/Russia, Israel/Palestine. PotA made it quite limpid that this type of fragile equilibrium can't be sustained, and that drastic actions are called for to bring resolution. It also showed clearly what happens when the WRONG action is taken.

In my opinion, this is excellent writing, making PotA one of - in my opinion - the best films of the year so far.

I will have to vehemently disagree with you that the SFX in the film were of poor quality. The motion-captured actors were entirely convincing. if you think this was poor CGI then I would challenge you to present us with examples of more convincing effects work.

"Step on no pets!"

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Eiriol wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:If you want to see Scarlett Johansson play a naked human eating alien then Under the Skin is for you!

I loved that movie but the ending was sad. Also was it just me or was the beginning of that movie SO. ANNOYING.
With the eye stuff? yeah I agree on that. That baby scene man that really got to me ;-; The two old ladies next to me walked out after that scene.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

cowmuflage wrote:
Eiriol wrote:

With the eye stuff? yeah I agree on that. That baby scene man that really got to me ;-; The two old ladies next to me walked out after that scene.
Yes. That eye scene. Ugh. /shudders. Oh god I know. I was so upset at that scene. :(

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Holy god. My boyfriend suggested seeing the new Purge film (for the lulz) so I downloaded and watched the first one... Ohhh dear what a pile of turd. xD

And damn it you guys now I'm super intrigued about this 'Under the Skin' film. But Scarlett Johansson makes it a little off-putting for me. :S

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

I've watched too many movies to list/talk about…but I did see Lucy tonight. I lost interest off and on throughout the entire movie. I mean, it was alright, at first, but then I couldn't take it seriously…so yeah

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Why don't you play in hell?

Loved it so much. Thanks Japan for doing movies that are pretty cray cray

I mean this is legit a scene from it :lol:
MaximumOverdrive
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by MaximumOverdrive »

Went and saw Transformers AoE...twice. I plan to see it a third time when it hits discount theaters...cause I'm retarded like that.

It had it's problems, no doubt, but they fixed one of my main problems I had with the previous films...the Transformers being background props. They felt like actual characters in this movie, and I completely adored it. I'm hoping in the next movie they'll go more into the characters, but for now, I'm fairly pleased with how they were treated in this film.

Also, Crosshairs was freakin' awesome. Loved that Aussie-sounding dickish Autobot. And Hound almost stole the show with just about every word he said. And Drift was pretty cool, I really liked listening to him (he's like a Japanophile that took things a lil too far heh).
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

MaximumOverdrive wrote:
Also, Crosshairs was freakin' awesome. Loved that Aussie-sounding dickish Autobot. And Hound almost stole the show with just about every word he said. And Drift was pretty cool, I really liked listening to him (he's like a Japanophile that took things a lil too far heh).
Aussie?! Um no. just no.

I was pretty dissapointed by it tbh. I mean it was good but i waited 2hrs to see 20mins of Dinobots with f all personality. No "grimlock smart!". Atleast this one had some resemblence of a storyline as the last two films where "robots smash crap and say catchy one liner". Not that sort of thing isn't fun just I expect more from my childhood heroes :P

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I thought it was the best of the four XD