Rant Thread

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Snowy »

Boyfriend's computer is basically on the verge of being dead. It was working fine yesterday for a change but all of a sudden this morning it just... dies... and when we try to turn it on now, it powers up but gives us a long annoying beeping noise and nothing else happens after that and we have to manually power it off again. :/ Really don't need this right now...

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

cowmuflage wrote:Self-diagnosed autism. It's offensive to people who have it. I find it offensive when I see people on the internet use it as a excuse to be a dick hat. I have Aspergers syndrome and I NEVER use it as an excuse for my actions. BECAUSE GUESS WHAT??? Aspergers syndrome does not make you do those things.

You know what? it was one of the big reasons I stopped caring for MLP. Too many people using it as a reason to be sexist pigs. That or people blaming "the patriarchy" for their actions. Grow the fuck up.

If you think you might have some form of autism GO GET A FUCKING TEST. My god don't just say you have something like that.

Like my god. I've spent all my life learning to control my Aspergers and my OCD and it still makes my life difficult form time to time but I've never once used it as a get out pf jail free card before. Because it's not. I don't want pity from people I just want to be treated like a normal person.

I'm on the verge of crying tears of anger right now.
Yeah, as a rule I'm not a fan of people self-diagnosing. On the one hand, I did see a comment where not everyone can afford/has the means to obtain a diagnosis. On the other, going on Mayo Clinic and saying "wow this is kind of like me" reaaaally pisses me off. And people who collect diseases and wear it like a badge of honor annoy the hell out of me too. You know those people who are like "I have anxiety and OCD and aspergers and depression and schizophrenia and bipolar disorder etc." and it's like dear god no you don't you're making shit up to sound cool go away.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Azunara wrote:Yeah, as a rule I'm not a fan of people self-diagnosing. On the one hand, I did see a comment where not everyone can afford/has the means to obtain a diagnosis. On the other, going on Mayo Clinic and saying "wow this is kind of like me" reaaaally pisses me off. And people who collect diseases and wear it like a badge of honor annoy the hell out of me too. You know those people who are like "I have anxiety and OCD and aspergers and depression and schizophrenia and bipolar disorder etc." and it's like dear god no you don't you're making shit up to sound cool go away.
I want to know when having all these disorders and illnesses became 'cool' to have. It's so damn sad.

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

It became cool when it being a victim became a supported past time of humanity. Damn sad if you ask me because those who truly need help don't receive it due to desensitization

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

There's a general movement towards people being more aware and vocal of their disabilities/illnesses/etc, so that they and other people can learn how to deal with it and how to make communication and life easier. It's a good movement- it helps people understand that things like anxiety, depression, autism, etc are all very real and powerful, and it helps everyone learn to communicate and help each other.

But as always, with a movement comes people clinging to it to get away with their own crap. Because people are more vocal and aware of illnesses, people who just want to feel special are grabbing up handfuls of disorders and claiming that they have all of those, just so they can get special treatment and feel super inspiring and great. Which is massively not cool, because people WITH those disorders stop being trusted as actually having them, and it all turns into Feminist syndrome- where saying your part of ____ group gets you labeled as the absolute worst part of said group. (In Feminist syndrome, saying your a feminist = MAN HATING SCUM.)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't know why any one would want OCD or aspergers. I don't like having my brain hurt when my keyboard and mousepad don't line up >.>
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:There's a general movement towards people being more aware and vocal of their disabilities/illnesses/etc, so that they and other people can learn how to deal with it and how to make communication and life easier. It's a good movement- it helps people understand that things like anxiety, depression, autism, etc are all very real and powerful, and it helps everyone learn to communicate and help each other.

But as always, with a movement comes people clinging to it to get away with their own crap. Because people are more vocal and aware of illnesses, people who just want to feel special are grabbing up handfuls of disorders and claiming that they have all of those, just so they can get special treatment and feel super inspiring and great. Which is massively not cool, because people WITH those disorders stop being trusted as actually having them, and it all turns into Feminist syndrome- where saying your part of ____ group gets you labeled as the absolute worst part of said group. (In Feminist syndrome, saying your a feminist = MAN HATING SCUM.)
Kinda how I feel. I don't mind people having these illnesses and making me aware. It's when they start using it as a crutch or an excuse for bad behavior, then I'm not a happy camper. I live with someone that does that.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

cowmuflage wrote:I don't know why any one would want OCD or aspergers. I don't like having my brain hurt when my keyboard and mousepad don't line up >.>
Ugh, that's the worst part. People who do the whole "I'm gunna have ALL THESE DISEASES" thing don't actually respect people who DO have those diseases or disorders- they don't understand that living with those things is actually really hard and it's not some inspiring, wonderful journey of strength and love, it's HARD.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Hoo boy, not even physical illness are immune to this. People will claim they have ANYTHING to get out of work.

A few weeks ago, my boyfriend told me about a co-worker who quit after he lied about having arthritis. It was because he'd been too stupid to move out of the way of a truck that was only coasting at not even five miles an hour! This didn't even hurt him, but he said it 'aggravated his arthritis', and he and his girlfriend both quit their jobs. So, if this guy had arthritis, then why the flying frak is he working graveyard shift maintenance at Wal-Mart?! o_O

As someone who does have arthritis (rheumatoid, I've had it since I was twelve, I'm thirty-one now), hearing this pissed me off to no end. Though it is nowhere as bad as it was when I first contracted it, I still suffer from periodical flare-ups, and my hands, particularly my left, have a constant dull ache to them. Hell, I can no longer make a fist with either hand anymore. Back when I first contracted the disease, I was in constant pain, and ANY touch, no matter how minor, would hurt. I cannot work because of this disease, and I HATE having it! I have a permanent limp because of it, and every morning, I can barely walk because my left foot always hurts, but thankfully, it stops after a few minutes, but while it's hurting, walking is hard. Hell, I can barely do housework without my back and feet killing me after a few minutes of sweeping, or dish duty, but I still try to pull my share around here the best I can because I hate feeling like I'm dead weight to my boyfriend!

Rant aside, I really, really wish I could've given that moron a piece of my mind, because I really would've let him have it about using such a hard to live with disease as an excuse to quit his goddamned job after he was too damn stupid to get out of the way of a truck that wasn't even going that fast to begin with!
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

I want to say I have some form of high-functioning mental disability. I want to, but I won't because I haven't been officially diagnosed and, honestly, until I move out I don't think I will be diagnosed because my grandparents are the type of people to scoff at me suggesting to go get diagnosed and say I'm using it to be lazy about my life. :/

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Azunara
 Community Resource
 Community Resource

Unread post by Azunara »

I mean yeah the people who wear it like a badge of honor ANNOY ME SO MUCH. no you are not cute for having depression. no, you don't get kudos or you're in some special club for having anxiety. I mean generally I try very very hard not to use depression/anxiety as a crutch for things (granted the past month I had no meds and was godawful to everyone and was sort of like "i'm really sorry I haven't had meds bare with me") but I mean it's actually really really really not that fun at all. Tons of fun about being paranoid that someone doesn't talk to you they hate you and ignore you and you can't bother them because it'll validate that feeling so you sit there and wallow in fear and self-loathing or being unable to do something rationally without having a breakdown and screwing up the tiniest thing means you burst into tears. (You think I'm kidding, I was making mac and cheese for dinner and messed up the ingredients and added too much of something and had a breakdown because I was worried I ruined dinner and everyone would hate me).

tl;dr I can't speak about other diseases/disorders but at the very least depression/anxiety isn't super fun happy oh it'll get better someone will kiss away your problems and with plenty of friends and love you'll feel better. No, actually, it tends to be crippling and difficult to deal with if you lack the support needed. So don't trivialize it plzkthnx. :c
Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Wait...what do you mean it's MY fault that you couldn't be bothered to tell your Dad that my Dad and Grandma might spend the day with us when we went on our day trip to the city they live in?

NO! You and your dad were planning this trip, I told you that my family would be meeting us where you guys planned to go. You were responsible for passing on that information to your dad since you were the one sorting out the details with him. It is NOT my fault you neglected to tell your dad, it is YOURS!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Fucking Zune.....I just want you to sync my music...for once.....without fucking up.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

WHY IS IT SO WAAAAAAARM I HATE THIS

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Unread post by Syleye »

I am raid leader as well as guild leader for our guild, have been for over 4 years. For the most part it's been the same group. We do things at our own pace and are a RL friendly guild. Recently my co tank and his wife who happens to a healer for us retired due to an upcoming baby. I have tried to find reliable replacements and have been struggling. Because we don't openly recruit trying to keep it family friend community oriented. One of our main dps and someone I thought I could depend on has recently developed a seriously bad attitude about people who he doesn't feel like are giving their all. He had me so upset and in tears tonight because of his bad attitude and I feel like I'm failing my people and I just don't know what to even do anymore.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Huggles Syleye :hug: :hug: being a raidleader is super stressfull... i was one many many years ago. Hope it works out alrigth :hug:

My rant:

someone tried to break into our flat last night.... while we wre at home...

man that was an eerie feeling.. i dont know what i would have done if i been home alone.. been having nightsmares all night.. and Victoria (Loreleis daugther) had to be given some pills from the doctor we called to keep calm.. she was totally freaked out :cry:

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Grammar Nazis who tell you that you have spelled color wrong.....when you spelled it colour...........
Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Syleye...

Call said person in, tell them they have a bad attitude that's being disruptive to the environment of the raid guild and if they continue, they'll be removed. If they aren't happy with your progression, they can find a L33T R@1D3RZZZZZ guild to be part of and ... well, will probably end up on the brunt of leet raider asshattishness themselves, hur.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

OMG Tarn!!!! That's scary!!! :hug: :hug: :hug:
Aww poor Victoria!!!!! :(

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Tårnfalk wrote:Huggles Syleye :hug: :hug: being a raidleader is super stressfull... i was one many many years ago. Hope it works out alrigth :hug:

My rant:

someone tried to break into our flat last night.... while we wre at home...

man that was an eerie feeling.. i dont know what i would have done if i been home alone.. been having nightsmares all night.. and Victoria (Loreleis daugther) had to be given some pills from the doctor we called to keep calm.. she was totally freaked out :cry:
Stay safe Tarn, such a horrible feeling :( We woke up one sunday to find both the front screen and door ajar - nothing taken but it was very scary to think the door had been open all night or someone had tried it maybe and got spooked and ran off? But im a very nervous person too and because my partner works away it really un-nerved me too :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~