Rant Thread

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Syleye »

Nacht and Tarn, thank you so much for the kind words. I will probably have a talk with him about it. I have always been proud of the fact the the guild members are allowed to have lives and that we still remain fairly close. I am not sure what got him going but he knew what we were from the beginning and we have lost more than one wanna be hardcore raider only to have them come back because they found they didn't like the atmosphere in a progressive raiding guild.

On a separate note oh my gosh Tarn I am so glad you all are okay.

Senna-Umbreon
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Eonar, Nesingwary, Windrunner and the Venture Co.

Unread post by Senna-Umbreon »

It is nearly 2:30 in the afternoon.. And I have been awake since five pm last night. As great as visiting family is, I just wanna go home and sleep...
Melissa
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Earthen Ring EU

Unread post by Melissa »

Raid leading. Not something I'm ever going to try again.

I've been setting up a Herald of the Titans raid with friends and my god, between people not communicating, to out of the blue giving up on their levelling or not bothering to ask people to boost them for gear expecting me to boost every single one of them and ask them if I can boost THEM... It's one big headache.

Set up the raid for next week and at this point I'm almost happier about finally getting this over with than I am about getting the title, I'm going to level that alt to 81 after it's done just so I can't be tempted into organising something like that again :|
I have a Tumblr!
I no longer main my Hunter; Legion changes have unfortunately put me off from the class. However I still plan to stick around for the community here ^^
My Current Main! (Updated once more as I switched factions!)
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

You know your fandom has some seriously bad issues when your con needs a badge system to prevent harassment..........
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

WHY ARE THERE SO MANY SILVERFISH IN OUR FRONT ROOM :'(

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Well we found out why we have silverfish at least. There's a huge patch of mold on the underside of our sofa. o.O No idea how, we haven't done anything to it so it must've been there since before we moved in. Well we told our housing company about it so hopefully they'll get that sorted soon because seeing 10+ silverfish in the front room every evening is getting a bit creepy.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Don't know why this makes me angry but theres a shop in the city I really like (the people seem really cool) BUT they are selling bootleg sailor moon stuff for twice what I paid for the real deal from Japan! I saw the petit charas and thought they looked a little off and when i googled what the bootleg differences were - yup i was rignt!! Maybe it's because they are being deceptive that it makes me mad or maybe they don't know they are selling fakes (they seem pretty obvious to me atleast)...there aren't many anime figure shops in my city either ><

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Snowy wrote:Well we found out why we have silverfish at least. There's a huge patch of mold on the underside of our sofa. o.O No idea how, we haven't done anything to it so it must've been there since before we moved in. Well we told our housing company about it so hopefully they'll get that sorted soon because seeing 10+ silverfish in the front room every evening is getting a bit creepy.
BLEACH. BLEACH. SPRAY IT WITH BLEACH. AUGH! MOLD! AUGH! BUGS! AUGH!

My bug related rant is this GODDAMN CRICKET that's in my air vents where I can't get at it to kill it but am forced to listen to it screech constantly for hours on end.

My rage is boundless.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

This day couldn't get any worse.

Only supervisor at work today. I’m exhausted.

Coworker’s son was shot and killed yesterday. She called in sick but came in during our lunch break to tell us the news.

And my SO of eight years broke up with me today. I had a hunch he was cheating on me and he was never supportive with me being transgender, so I'm not surprised just... *sigh* I'm going to go curl up into a ball and go to sleep.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

These sites that list of triggers in moviesare a bit silly! Like Movie trigers.com WHY DOES BAMBI HAVE "RAPE CULTURE" in it?

Why does Water ship down have 11 triggers and Frozen have 72??????@?#!?@#R?mjb m,

Like it's saying Frozen is more traumatic then Watership down. I saw that movie when I was a kid and I have not seen it again. Once is enough. Oddly I liked the tv show O.o

I'm done.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Ugh I hate how easily those sites are abused. People will throw anything in as a trigger just for the laughs, which... totally erases the point of the entire thing???

Also- many hugs for you, Wassa. I don't even know what to say, but ugh. If I knew where you lived I'd have chocolate delivered directly to your door. ...And blankets. And maybe a punching bag.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

People must be trolling that site Lupis. After reading some of the Frozen ones they must be. Like Disneywashing? That's when your lead is white.
Lisaara
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Wassa wrote:This day couldn't get any worse.

Coworker’s son was shot and killed yesterday. She called in sick but came in during our lunch break to tell us the news.

And my SO of eight years broke up with me today. I had a hunch he was cheating on me and he was never supportive with me being transgender, so I'm not surprised just... *sigh* I'm going to go curl up into a ball and go to sleep.
Oh hun. *hugs tight* I'm so so sorry. You'll find someone better(I know, cheesy as hell to hear it) that WILL support you and not betray your trust.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Vephriel
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord US

Unread post by Vephriel »

This is a minor grumble but I'm feeling frustrated and just wanted to vent somewhere.

A friend and I are in a guild and roleplay a pair of male characters in-game that are romantically involved. While they'll get fairly intimate it's never to a point where it becomes NSFW, and yet recently there have apparently been complaints about our RP. We both suspect it's more to do with our characters being gay than it is the roleplaying itself since we've seen other guild members get to the same point of physicality and no one has a problem with them.

Sigh.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Nachtwulf wrote:BLEACH. BLEACH. SPRAY IT WITH BLEACH. AUGH! MOLD! AUGH! BUGS! AUGH!
We were told to leave it alone. ;n; I didn't want to cause ew mold but they *should* be getting someone around who knows what they're doing to deal with it. I hope. Soon plz.
Castile wrote:Don't know why this makes me angry but theres a shop in the city I really like (the people seem really cool) BUT they are selling bootleg sailor moon stuff for twice what I paid for the real deal from Japan! I saw the petit charas and thought they looked a little off and when i googled what the bootleg differences were - yup i was rignt!! Maybe it's because they are being deceptive that it makes me mad or maybe they don't know they are selling fakes (they seem pretty obvious to me atleast)...there aren't many anime figure shops in my city either ><
And this reminds me, yesterday I popped into one of these mini independent stores I really like that sell 'geeky' merchandise and I noticed they had some Pokémon plushies! I got all excited and went over to the shelf to see and... every freaking one of them was a darned obvious bootleg. Urg. Not even good ones. They had a Servine which didn't even look like Servine should. o.O

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

And double post because oh god this is horrid. :( I wish I could give you all the hugs in the world right now. :hug: :hug: :hug:

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

Vephriel wrote:This is a minor grumble but I'm feeling frustrated and just wanted to vent somewhere.

A friend and I are in a guild and roleplay a pair of male characters in-game that are romantically involved. While they'll get fairly intimate it's never to a point where it becomes NSFW, and yet recently there have apparently been complaints about our RP. We both suspect it's more to do with our characters being gay than it is the roleplaying itself since we've seen other guild members get to the same point of physicality and no one has a problem with them.

Sigh.
Reminds me of this video:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=55BFSUxiuxA

These homophobic double standards exist in almost all aspects of daily life, it seems.

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

Wassa, *HUG*
That's just all round terrible stuff happening at once...I really hope something spectacularly awesome happens to you soon!!

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Nikrosnil
Haiku Master
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Nikrosnil »

I'm so sorry to hear that Wassa, that's absolutely awful. I really feel for your poor coworker, a parent should never have to see their child buried.
I really hope things will get better for you soon, your ex is absolutely awful, and you deserve better. It's tough to get over days like those.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

*facedesk* No, letting agents, you owed me £300. THREE HUNDRED POUNDS. Not £97.71. What the fuck is this? :|