Rant Thread

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Castile »

Junrei wrote:
Syleye wrote:Ouch Junrei, those suck.
It does. I panicked earlier cause I never broke anything before. Go figure me being a derp would be the end of that record. From what I read on WebMD, I dont need to go to the hospital for it. It'll heal on its own.
Agree with Nachtwulf and would probably atleast go see a GP about it. (Even though I'm the worst person for ignoring injuries until someone drags me kicking and screaming to the doctors :/)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lisaara »

Nachtwulf wrote:I wouldn't necessarily trust WebMD. Self diagnosis is often wrong. However, what you probably did was jam it, which damages the cartilage (and hurts like friggin' hell when you move it). It's fairly hard to break your big toe just because the bones are so short and thick. Wrap it firmly (not too tight!) with an ace bandage or athletic tape and take some analgesic (aspirin or ibuprofen. Not acetaminophen, it's been proven the stuff is barely any better than placebo and may rot your liver...) ANYWAY. Keep it wrapped, take something for the pain/swelling. If it isn't a little better in a couple of days, head to the urgent care (no need for the ER) and they can see if it needs to be splinted. Don't just ignore it because poorly treated foot injuries can cause a lot of problems later on. I have a bum ankle from when I twisted it at a haunted hayride I was working at, and wasn't able to care for it properly afterward. Now that I'm older, it's a constant source of pain and annoyance.
That's pretty much what WebMD actually said. Ice it down, stay off of it, etc. So that's what I'm gonna do. If it's not better in a week, I'll go see a doctor...not sure how I'll afford it though....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I've got a terrible aversion to MANY sounds in this game (WoW) - to the point where they almost make me feel sick...
Mechanical noises, water elementals, wing flaps, god ;-; Especially repetitive sounds.. They make me feel terrible!

I don't know why... It's stupid.. But I HATE it..

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Boven
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn

Unread post by Boven »

The last hollywood movie I saw in a theater was 6 or 7 years ago. It was the third Pirates of the Caribbean film and I only went because a friend wanted to see it before he moved. Guardians of the Galaxy, however, had me wanting to see it on a big screen. I'm not a fan of 3D. Aside from considering it just a silly gimmick, I'm not fond of wearing a second pair of glasses in front of the ones I wear anyway. I've seen a couple films at museums and such in 3D, but even with the latest technology, I always seem to end up with my eyes tired and hurting by the time it ends.

So, thank you local theater, for screwing up and loading the 3D version when you were supposed to be showing the regular one. When a couple patrons went to tell them, they stopped the film, left everyone sitting in the dark for 10 minutes, then started it back up. One of them said they'd been told it'd happened the day before, too. Nobody came in and explained what was going on. They just stuck a big box of 3D glasses outside the theater without telling anyone. The least they could've done was to have someone come in and apologize and *pass out* the glasses.

Sure, I got a refund since I wasn't going to watch the wrong version of the movie. I still had to eat the service fee for getting the ticket online, though. I wouldn't have done that, but the theater has reserved seating and I didn't want to end up in the front row. A recurring mistake compounded by poor customer service means it'll probably be another 6 or 7 years before I give a movie theater another try. Guess I'll have to wait til next year when the movie is on cable or dvd before I can see it.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

I get people like achievements. The one concerning the Zandalari Warbringers too. However, if I ask if anyone wants to join me in killing a few, I don't want to feel like you hate me while we're in a group and I do not want to be left when you've got your achievement. I helped you, you could at least help me a little more than that...

I'm still after the slate direhorn, but I'm in a guild now so getting a group together shouldn't be so hard. I did help someone get their 100th mount yesterday, and it felt good ^_^
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kayro wrote:I get people like achievements. The one concerning the Zandalari Warbringers too. However, if I ask if anyone wants to join me in killing a few, I don't want to feel like you hate me while we're in a group and I do not want to be left when you've got your achievement. I helped you, you could at least help me a little more than that...

I'm still after the slate direhorn, but I'm in a guild now so getting a group together shouldn't be so hard. I did help someone get their 100th mount yesterday, and it felt good ^_^
I need all of them. XD But I'd totally stick around to help! Even pass on the slate the first time if it drops and you don't have it.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Hearing all the news about Depression Quest and how the lady who made it got it made because she fucked a bunch of people and got good reviews because she fucked a bunch of people are quite I dunno depressing? I mean for a game the internet was going on about how "feminist" and stuff the lady behind it sounds pretty uh not good? I dunno :/

But now I can't find anything on google so I dunno anymore >.<
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Junrei wrote:
Kayro wrote:I get people like achievements. The one concerning the Zandalari Warbringers too. However, if I ask if anyone wants to join me in killing a few, I don't want to feel like you hate me while we're in a group and I do not want to be left when you've got your achievement. I helped you, you could at least help me a little more than that...

I need all of them. XD But I'd totally stick around to help! Even pass on the slate the first time if it drops and you don't have it.
Aww that's sweet of you to offer :3 thank you! I'm on EU servers, so if you're also on the EU servers we could arrange something. Of course, I'd have to help you get the mounts too. I could never let something like that go unpaid for :)
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Kayro wrote:
Junrei wrote:

Aww that's sweet of you to offer :3 thank you! I'm on EU servers, so if you're also on the EU servers we could arrange something. Of course, I'd have to help you get the mounts too. I could never let something like that go unpaid for :)
Damn. I'm US. They should let US and EU people play together damnit.

LisaaraPokefarm

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I said I wanted not to get bit by the vampire and yet what did you guys do BITE ME!

Like that was the last thing I needed to get for the mount ;-;
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

cowmuflage wrote:I said I wanted not to get bit by the vampire and yet what did you guys do BITE ME!

I still need both of them T.T Hopefully I can get some guidlies to run it with me…twice

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

Sooooooo I may well have had all my personal information compromised in this godawful hospital hacker thing. Just goes to show, you can be meticulously careful with your data and the bastards will still get it. Someone really needs to Do Something about China on so many levels, so many hackers (government supported no less), so much cheap crap flooding the country, so much... everything. They're shitty to their own people too, and shamelessly.

As for what I can do about it, the answer is 'bupkis'. I guess I could sue the hospital but frankly, I know how much of a duct-tape job the internet really is, and it's all but impossible to find the security holes until someone exploits them and by then it's too late. I don't expect them to be psychic.

Hey, Seal Team Six is probably sitting on their hands, how about a little work in the far east...

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Jurz wrote:
cowmuflage wrote:I said I wanted not to get bit by the vampire and yet what did you guys do BITE ME!

I still need both of them T.T Hopefully I can get some guidlies to run it with me…twice
I use a site called Openraid to do these raids. I'd say check it out if you are having a hard time finding raids. Lupis showed me it and it's very nice. I do Heartless's ICC for my ICC stuff. His stuffs nice. You just need vent and even then it's only to ehar what he says you don't need to talk.

I just want it to be September already so we can stop all the election crap. Sick of seeing our Prime minister John keys face (I hope they loose btw Natinal are poop) and I'm sick of Kim dotcom as he is a dick too.

But please guys stop with the Kim is a nazi jokes. Yeah he is German and he is a dick but that is just a step too far.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm

Unread post by Arthur »

I wish my cats would stay off my desk. They can literally go wherever else they want just stay the HELL off my desk with your filthy litterpaws and shedding. I get positively sickened by this hair and dirt all over my desk and keyboard. I try putting my keyboard up at night but it STILL manages to be covered in hair when I get back to it.

There's nothing up here for them. Why can't they just leave it alone.

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Scarlet wrote:I wish my cats would stay off my desk. They can literally go wherever else they want just stay the HELL off my desk with your filthy litterpaws and shedding. I get positively sickened by this hair and dirt all over my desk and keyboard. I try putting my keyboard up at night but it STILL manages to be covered in hair when I get back to it.

There's nothing up here for them. Why can't they just leave it alone.
Remember when cats were worshipped as gods? They certainly do. As thus, they'll do whatever they please and whenever they please ;) one of my own cats likes to go through the bin. He's not as in tune with his once worshipped self as the other one :lol:
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I am getting so sick, and angry, about so-called "christians" spending inordinate amounts of money on campaigns to deny LGBT people their rights.

If these sick, twisted people spent all that money on actually helping the poorest and most downtrodden - as Christ told us to - then there'd be a LOT less misery in this world.

But no, it's far too important for these christo-taliban to create a theocracy everywhere they are and to limit the rights of anyone who isn't exactly like them: white, and their idea of "christian".

it's almost enough to make me disavow my faith and become an atheist.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

WTF Foxtel! You tell me you will MAIL me a new IQ box since mine broke but now i get a text at 3pm that someone should be home TODAY between 2PM and 7PM. wat! I wasn't told that on the phone!!! Well I'm at work so hmm not happening and my fiance has left for the gym. What happened to customer service huh? It better be under the mat cause we won't be home tomorrow either....grrr!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Today should be a nice day but nope I've spent all day puking my guts out D:
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

iPad. Stop. Just stop.

I had a nice tab open with "transformers: Prowl stories" on it. The iPad had some fit and has to reset itself. I come on here this morning and all my tabs are fine. Expect...that one. That one with the stories? Every time...every single time my iPad does this it likes to reset the prowl fanfic tab and I've got to find the story I'm on, go through millions of pages to the one I'm on and remember which fics I have and haven't read yet *folds arms*
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

I can relate to your current experience, Cow. I seem to be having the same same problem right now :cry:

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising