Rant Thread

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Snowy »

Kayro - It started off with celebrities. They would do it, with proper ice-buckets too, and donate money to the cause and then challenge other celebrities to do it. It was great to see all these people you know from TV, films, music and the like all tipping buckets of freezing water over their heads and it raising millions. Now it's just a Facebook fad for every idiot to take part in and ignore the actual cause for it all. I'm ridiculously tempted to comment on my sister's video of it, I really am. But sadly I have to see her next week. x'D

As you may guess, me and my sister don't exactly get on. Unless it's birthdays/Christmas, of course, but even then she'll find a way to ruin it. She drew me a a really nice picture of Toothless and Stitch for my birthday, she just kinda threw it at me and said, "Yeah be grateful, that used up all my sharpies." OH GOD NO NOT THE SHARPIES. /sarcasm. It was really nice for her to do but every time she does something for me she has to find a way to ruin it... >.> ... Ahem. That went off-topic. xD

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

Snowy wrote:Having a pretty shitty day today. I'm in one of those 'everyone's out to get me' moods even though I know they're not but I just feel so shitty and urg someone hold me. >.<
I have this exact feeling constantly. I always feel like people automatically hate me.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Falconcrest wrote:I have this exact feeling constantly. I always feel like people automatically hate me.
:hug: But we love you!

Also I'm going to be kinda late replying to the email, I'm heading out in 20 mins and will be out pretty much all day and will likely be exhausted when I'm back. x___x;

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Wait what Falcon?! No no no, don't think that! We, as Snowy said, love you! :hug: I know it's hard, but try not to think like that. It sometimes seems like that, but it's never true :hug:

Good Lord Internet where did this Yahoo Safe Finder come from? Is it you, who's making my computer so slow and my Internet not work?! Well then. Two can play that game...time to find you and delete you! Mwahahahahahaaaaa!
Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

:hug: Thanks, you two. ♥

I'm not that antsy about being here at all, though there are a few people I don't get on with, I was talking about feeling this way in general. (No thanks in part to my adoptive parents, no less.) Whenever I meet someone new, my mind always spits forth worst-case scenarios of them hating me, same goes for if I ever feel I've done something wrong.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I'm kinda sick of seeing people saying you should support *insert youtuber video maker here* and that you should watch their videos to support them and then you find out that person uses Adblock.

Dude you watching their stuff anit supporting them if you use that kinda thing. The way you make revenue on places like Youtube and Blip is from the ads! You get revenue from every person who watches an ad before your video. Not every person who watches your videos. It's the ads!

So really guys if you like someone like uh gamegrumps? (first big name that popped into my head) Like whitelist them so you can see the ads. I mean you can skip most 5 seconds in anyway!
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

D'ya reckon people have gotten over not being able to fly in Draenor yet? The way some people are going on make it seem like flying has been cut from the game, which it's not. Honestly, you go onto WoW forums (not these ones) and people are still posting about this. It'd not an issue. Those who left because they can't fly, they've gotten over it. Blizzard aren't going to change their mind just because someone wants to zoom around the skies at 310% speed on their cloud serpent.

You can still use flying mounts on the ground in Draenor, so it's not like you can't use your fancy flying mounts. I don't think I will be using any cool drakes or whatnot in Draenor. A simple ground mount which won't cause me to block quest givers. That's it. I know for a fact if I ride my frostbrood Vanquisher, I'll go jump off a Cliff and forget I can't fly :lol:
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

How to tell someone on Facebook not to post three pointless comments in a row on every fucking post that I make and to tell them that, no, I have no interest in adding you on Skype for the THREE HUNDREDTH TIME. I don't wanna delete the guy but I made friends with him only recently on a Pokemon livestream and ever since he's just irritated me to death. Constantly asking for TCG battles through Skype, constantly spamming stupid smilies all over my Facebook posts. Just STOP omg.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

So sick. Like havent been this sick in ages and I'm alone ergh. Figures the fiance gives it to me and then flys off to work..thanks.

Also facebook pages of fun things i like (eg anime series) and the admins use it for their own personal breakdowns. I don't want to sound like an insensitive bitch but I didn't like this page to hear about your life problems! Do that on your personal page or atleast a relevant one jeez! I swear some people just have public meltdowns for attention...

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

A have a horrible headache.. =(

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I hope the traditional "Gamer" identity dies a long, slow, terrible death and I really hope I can watch it happen.

(Note that this applies only to the traditional definition of "gamer", which is your basic elitist loser guy. The kind that doesn't think there's anything wrong with how so many things are portrayed in games and defend everything with a rabid fury.)

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I hope the traditional "Gamer" identity dies a long, slow, terrible death and I really hope I can watch it happen.

(Note that this applies only to the traditional definition of "gamer", which is your basic elitist loser guy. The kind that doesn't think there's anything wrong with how so many things are portrayed in games and defend everything with a rabid fury.)

Honestly after watching all this happen on Twitter I want SJW to die too and a lot of so called feminsits. Because after the whole Zoe quinn thing they both are nothing but toxic mudslingers. It's the mindset that it's fine to say abusive things to people if it's for "feminism" or if you are a minority.

I have learned the people fighting the traditional "Gamer" identity are just as bad as the people defending it.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Who peed on the laminator? Like I'm not joking there is pee on it. I uh fucking cats yo.
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

I've come to the conclusion that my tomato plant must be some vampiric variety because I swear it's siphoning the life from all my other plants and using it to become even stronger.
Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

My glasses broke and now I can barely see and it will take weeks to get a new pair =(

*sigh*

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I love youtube. I do. It's brilliant, and the fact that I can watch videos that explain things I'd never understand otherwise makes it even more useful. However....when I see this video >> http://youtu.be/QKnVWr2PkIU << it's God damn adorable! He gave me a a good laugh this morning. Then I read the comments and I don't understand people's logic. ITS A SMALL KID TALKING ABOUT PREGNANCY TO HIS MOTHER AND BEING ADORABLE AND PEOPLE BRING IN THE RACIST COMMENTS AND THE ARGUMENT OF WHO IS BETTER, WHITE OR BLACK PEOPLE AND SOMEONE EVEN STARTED SAYING HOW BLACKS LOOKED LIKE APES!!!! THEY LOOK NEARLY IDENTICAL TO US WHITE PEOPLE! ITS DISGUSTING THAT PEOPLE CAN SAY THESE THIGNS ABOUT ONE ANOTHER!!!

*clears throat* as you can tell! I don't approve of racism. Or those who are homophobics. I simply hate people who are racists or homophobic. Take this video. (If you don't like swearing or what can be described as abuse, then perhaps clicking this link isn't a good idea.) >> http://youtu.be/1df_i26wh-w << for those who didn't watch, it's basically a kid who told his parents he's gay and they kick him out the house after saying that love him unconditionally. That's not unconditional love. That's conditional love. He's getting yelled at and sworn at by his mother, and she goes as far as to beating him 3 minutes or so in. WHAT THE ACTUAL F*** PEOPLE?! She's his mother and she beats him for a choice he made, and wonders why he gets annoyed. This is disgusting. I've had enough youtube for today I think.

In my opinion, gay people are great. They're generally much nicer people, because they're more accepting. It's common sense to understand why they're more accepting, so I won't explain that. I know someone's gonna be like "oh, it's the Internet, if you can't deal with it get off of it!" but honestly? Who can be okay with this type of BS?!
SpiritBinder
Mount Master
Mount Master
Realm: Aman'Thul

Unread post by SpiritBinder »

Kayro wrote: >> http://youtu.be/1df_i26wh-w << !
I saw this today too, but it's OK, it was his "Choice" right?

Now being the rant thread I feel I'm allowed to flex a little here and if ya don't like it, go grab yourself a cold cup of concrete.

Now the best part for me in this video was the "God knows best" religious venom.

I mean fucking really, you really gotta love how much religion has bathed the world in blood, hate and intolerance, and the golden beauty of it all, is to let it be all justified in the name of God.

It literally make my skin crawl and my blood boil. Not one other thing in existence has systematically and perpetually caused a higher level of hate in this world, NOTHING!

T A N N O NT H E S P I R I T B I N D E R

­
­
­
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

That video majorly pissed me off. Two of my best friends are gay, one male, one female, and they're some of the most accepting, tolerating, amazing people I know. The guy is like a brother to me. I love them both. So seeing things like that, being reminded that things like that are still happening in the world and that religion can affect people to such a disgusting extent just... it ruins me. I don't hate religion. I have a Christian friend who's a lovely guy, he's a bit nuts and no one really accepts his current bitch of a girlfriend but he means well. He also considers himself to be bisexual. And he's also highly religious. I know there's bad people in every circle. But I have to agree with what SpiritBinder said.

In other news, today kinda sucks for me! We missed the train to town on Wednesday so we were gunna go today but as soon as we leave the house... pissing it down with rain. Yeah, nevermind. Now we're gunna go on Monday. Hopefully this actually happens at some point. Getting kinda sick of staying at mum's now to be honest, I'll be glad to be back at my own place next week. And then, guess what, I find out my student finance for my last year of uni has finally been processed BUT... they've utterly fucked it up. I'm meant to get a loan and a grant. They've completely forgotten to include my grant. Now I have to phone them up and see wtf is going on... that is if they don't wanna keep me on hold for half an hour. -.-

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Kayro wrote:She's his mother and she beats him for a choice he made, and wonders why he gets annoyed. This is disgusting. I've had enough youtube for today I think.

In my opinion, gay people are great. They're generally much nicer people, because they're more accepting. It's common sense to understand why they're more accepting, so I won't explain that. I know someone's gonna be like "oh, it's the Internet, if you can't deal with it get off of it!" but honestly? Who can be okay with this type of BS?!
I'm not sure I understand your first sentence.
Which choice did he make?
If you meant "coming out", ah, ok.
But if you meant "being gay", I just want to clear up an apparent misunderstanding: being LGB or T is not a choice. It never has been. It never will be. No one chooses to be a social outcast.

I haven't been able to watch this video. I've seen enough of this type of violence during my long life, I don't want to have to face it again. I'm glad the kid has a good support group of friends. I hope he makes the best of the help he's getting and gets the hell out of there.

But LGBT are just people.
Some are accepting of others, some aren't.
Some are great people, others not so much.
There are no broad generalizations that can be made about any single group that remain true at all times.
There are some truly awful LGBT people.
There are some truly open-hearted, accepting, and fantastic Christians. The pastor who married my husband and I, for example. Hell, half her congregation - whom we did not know - showed up for the wedding mass just to let us know they loved us and wanted us to feel welcomed in their church.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

SpiritBinder wrote:
Kayro wrote: >> http://youtu.be/1df_i26wh-w << !
I saw this today too, but it's OK, it was his "Choice" right?
Now being the rant thread I feel I'm allowed to flex a little here and if ya don't like it, go grab yourself a cold cup of concrete.
Now the best part for me in this video was the "God knows best" religious venom.
I mean fucking really, you really gotta love how much religion has bathed the world in blood, hate and intolerance, and the golden beauty of it all, is to let it be all justified in the name of God.
It literally make my skin crawl and my blood boil. Not one other thing in existence has systematically and perpetually caused a higher level of hate in this world, NOTHING!
Wow that woman is not fit to be a) call herself christian b) a mother. What mother HITS her child for being who he is? None. and i REALLY hate the whole "he raised you because he paid for the house" uh no that doesn't make him a good father. I agree that religion is used in such a wrong way - you've only got to look to Syria and Iraq for that. ISIL has taken a religion and ripped it into something they can use to marginialize, torture and erradicate entire sections of a race and religion. I went to an Anglican School but i've also read the teachings of Muhammad and Buddah - neither preaches this. It's complete bullshit and gives good ppl of faith a very bad rep. The higher ups of all the churches of the world have alot to answer for.

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~