Rant Thread

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Krysteena »

Sukurachi wrote:
Kayro wrote:She's his mother and she beats him for a choice he made, and wonders why he gets annoyed. This is disgusting. I've had enough youtube for today I think.

In my opinion, gay people are great. They're generally much nicer people, because they're more accepting. It's common sense to understand why they're more accepting, so I won't explain that. I know someone's gonna be like "oh, it's the Internet, if you can't deal with it get off of it!" but honestly? Who can be okay with this type of BS?!
I'm not sure I understand your first sentence.
Which choice did he make?
If you meant "coming out", ah, ok.
But if you meant "being gay", I just want to clear up an apparent misunderstanding: being LGB or T is not a choice. It never has been. It never will be. No one chooses to be a social outcast.

I haven't been able to watch this video. I've seen enough of this type of violence during my long life, I don't want to have to face it again. I'm glad the kid has a good support group of friends. I hope he makes the best of the help he's getting and gets the hell out of there.

But LGBT are just people.
Some are accepting of others, some aren't.
Some are great people, others not so much.
There are no broad generalizations that can be made about any single group that remain true at all times.
There are some truly awful LGBT people.
There are some truly open-hearted, accepting, and fantastic Christians. The pastor who married my husband and I, for example. Hell, half her congregation - whom we did not know - showed up for the wedding mass just to let us know they loved us and wanted us to feel welcomed in their church.
I meant that he made a choice in telling her about his...I can't think of a word without sounding rude here, preference? He made the choice to come out with this fact, and when he should've been given support he's kicked out. Sorry if it didn't make sense, I don't retread when I rant :roll: I probably should start doing that.

I've always thought being gay or transgender was a choice. Not so much transgender, as that's something some people are born with, the feeling they're in the wrong body. However, I'll underline it or colour it or something, and make it clear that gays and transgendered aren't social outcasts to many. It's 2014 people, we need to accept this. I'd like to knock some sense into people who dare believe that gays are wrong in their beliefs, but I'm not a violent person. *goes back to sniffing roses*
Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Kayro wrote:I meant that he made a choice in telling her about his...I can't think of a word without sounding rude here, preference? He made the choice to come out with this fact, and when he should've been given support he's kicked out. Sorry if it didn't make sense, I don't retread when I rant :roll: I probably should start doing that.

I've always thought being gay or transgender was a choice. Not so much transgender, as that's something some people are born with, the feeling they're in the wrong body. However, I'll underline it or colour it or something, and make it clear that gays and transgendered aren't social outcasts to many. It's 2014 people, we need to accept this. I'd like to knock some sense into people who dare believe that gays are wrong in their beliefs, but I'm not a violent person. *goes back to sniffing roses*
AH, ok, your original sentence wasn't clear as to whether the choice was being gay, or coming out to his parents.

but being gay is no more a "choice" than being straight.

at any time in your past, did you stop and say to yourself: "hmm, I think I will be attracted to (fill in your sexual preference)"?

I certainly didn't.
nor did anyone I know.

We all just "knew" from a very early age that we were attracted to someone. I happened to be emotionally and physically attracted to men. When I had romantic thoughts, it was about men. before I was aware of what sexuality was, I already knew that I had an attraction to guys. It wasn't sexual. So being gay isn't ONLY about sex. It's about emotional attachment.

I can "love" a girl, very deeply, but it's not the same love I feel for my husband.

So being LGB or T is never a "choice".
Accepting it, acting upon it, BEING who you are is a choice.. you choose to embrace who you are.

Otherwise, there is no choice involved.

hope that might clear up any misunderstandings or mistaken assumptions.
:D

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I'll only make one amendment to Sukurachi's very well put (and accurate!) thoughts- sometimes it's not something you know from an early age! Due to the nature of sexuality, some people discover these things late in life. Sexuality isn't always static your entire life, and for some people it practically changes with the wind- one day attracted to men, one day to women, the other day to all the genders between and beyond. Sexuality is a sliding scale that keeps on sliding!

Or you could be like me, totally confused about everything for years because you get the idea of attraction, but it applies to your life in literally no way whatsoever, so you stare at your friends who are dying over someone hot and you go "...what am I missing here" until you learn what asexuality is. And then you go play video games.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

My best friend didn't realise he was gay until about 14 or 15 years old.

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Makoes
Realm: Arathor-Alliance / Nesingwary-horde / WrA-Alliance

Unread post by Makoes »

FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

My BF's Sister is a micromanaging control freak who has no respect for men, marital problems and is so controlling of her daughter that her daughter isn't advanced enough to start school this year (even though she's 5), is introvert with so many nervous ticks (they decrease the longer she is away from her mother) and health issues (they kept her on formula till she was almost 3yrs because she "didn't like" eating solids and they didn't have time to try getting her to eat it...bottles are so much easier)
They have another daughter who is a year and a half old now...

My own sister is a great Mom, her one son is seven, really smart boy, and her second is almost a year old, but she completely looses it when he cries...just can't handle ANYTHING when he cries, "hypersensative" she calls it. On top of that she doesn't work, but her Husband (who has some very serious health issues does, weak heart, depression type stuff) works as a chef, 5-7 days a week, long shifts and then has to come home and CLEAN and COOK because somehow my sister "can't" because the baby cried and she couldn't deal with anything else...Last week her husband was contemplating suicide again...so now he's on even more meds...AND my sister nags him constantly, I mean the moment he so much as does one thing wrong she's yelling at him for the next 5min...and now my sister is pregnant again...
I love my brother-in-law like a real brother, he's a great guy...but unless my sister steps it up at home and stops nagging him...he's going to kill himself when the baby is born...

Then there's me and my BF, we have a wonderful smart daughter, we have our issues, but we work through them, and try not to nag each other. We've been doing great since our last...issue. I want another baby, our daughter wants a sibling. We've been trying since January...Wake up this morning to Aunt Flow, and the post on FB about my sister being pregnant...FML!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't nag, I've got a great kid, I clean house (though I could/should work harder at that ^^;) I encourage my BF to go hang out with his friends and have time to relax from work.

my BF's sister didn't want another kid, she got one, my sister can barely manager her family as it is, she got another kid, and I who wants another kid and tries hard for my family...can't get knocked up...is being a micromanaging, bitchy lazy slob mandatory for having another kid? It's not Fucking fair T.T...

Silent as night, silent as death, silent as your last breath
~~~
Interested in HARPG? Check out Marandian's
~~~
(Closed)FR gems: (Click here for details)
My DeviantART/My Petopia art thread
~~~
I cry inside every day, as common courtesy withers away. Are you part of the problem or will you help it grow?

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Oh my God people's stupidity never ceases to amaze me! There's not understanding mechanics. I'm cool with that. I don't understand half the raid mechanics in most raids. However there's just plain stupid.

If I take the time to guide your friends through a raid, to get you all amount when I only wanted to get a specific person a mount, I expect to be listened to. I made it clear to you all what the mechanics were. I repeated them several times. I asked if you understood. You said yes. When i say don't waste the pyrite I mean don't waste the pyrite! Not, just before the boss tell me you haven't got much because someone used it! So, we wiped. We got it right the second time, but by now my back was burning and I knew I wasn't going to stay seated much longer. I tell them this, I tell them I'm in pain. I tell them the mechanics. Don't kill the dwarves. Only I attack the dwarves. You man the harpoons and bring her down ASAP. I repeated this three times before the encounter. Do. Not. Kill. Dwarves. Yet, only one person understood this as the other two nuked down every single dwarf we had. Like wtf?! Did I not make it clear to you that only I touch the dwarves because I'm the one with the lowest DPS (yes, sometimes having low DPS is a good thing), yes I'd get crits that'd kill the dwarves by mistake. At least I'm not killing 4-5 dwarves they're bunched together right before the boss breathes fire and as this we could've beaten the enrage timer but people were too stupid to listen. It took 10 times of repeating "do not kill dwarves!" And referring to them by name before they realised "gee, maybe we should stop killing dwarves."

One then asked me how many we had to kill. I say 25. He asks why. OHMYGOD WHY DO YOU THINK WE NEED 25?! LOL I WANT TO CAUSE ME MORE PAIN BY SITTING HERE EVEN LONGER WHILE WE KILL MORE DWARVES THAN NEEDED!! No...I don't think so! Dude...do you want this mount or not?!

I was so close to just leaving the group to fend for themselves, because I was so pissed off at them. They couldn't understand simple instructions and wondered why they had to kill 25 of this. I only wanted to help one person get a mount. I'm cool with that. However, when I say I'm in pain I expect to make the encounter quick. Not even longer than needed because people can't listen! Yes, I knew that they weren't English. But they could understand me enough after 10 times of repetition! Next time she wants a mount, it's me, her and our guildies. Not some...nitwits who can't understand simple instructions.

FYI, I left the group after my back became too bad and they fell apart. Seems I was holding them together. I'm tired and it'd probably why I'm making such a big deal over it but God it's pissed me off! And yes, I normally have a ton of patience with those who don't understand some things as well as I do. If I'm in the situation they were in, I listen and I'll double check things so I know what I'm doing. Player skill was minimal in that raid. It was common sense and the ability to read...I'm done. Unless I know the person/they're in my guild I'm not helping people like this get mounts. They frustrate me too much.

And yes, this was Ulduar. I understand why people hate it so much. Once I get that iron bound proto drake from the 25man version I'm never going back there again. I don't need the mount Yogg drops. I'm content with the ironbound proto.

Argh why can't people understand something as simple as "Don't waste pyrite" or "don't kill the dwarves?!"
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:I'll only make one amendment to Sukurachi's very well put (and accurate!) thoughts- sometimes it's not something you know from an early age! Due to the nature of sexuality, some people discover these things late in life. Sexuality isn't always static your entire life, and for some people it practically changes with the wind- one day attracted to men, one day to women, the other day to all the genders between and beyond. Sexuality is a sliding scale that keeps on sliding!

Or you could be like me, totally confused about everything for years because you get the idea of attraction, but it applies to your life in literally no way whatsoever, so you stare at your friends who are dying over someone hot and you go "...what am I missing here" until you learn what asexuality is. And then you go play video games.
I literally thought I was broken as a human being for 17 years of my life until I discovered what asexuality was through tumblr :|

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Alex wrote: I literally thought I was broken as a human being for 17 years of my life until I discovered what asexuality was through tumblr :|
Yeah, I discovered it through the Female Reproductive Health thread here, actually! And then Tumblr was where I went for more info because Wikipedia, while a good resource, wasn't really up to date on the whole idea. Better sex ed please.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I don't like being treated like the bad guy because of my race and sexuality.

You know by treating people like shit you make them care less about helping you right? Why should I be nice to you if you wont be nice to me >.>
Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

LupisDarkmoon wrote:
Alex wrote: I literally thought I was broken as a human being for 17 years of my life until I discovered what asexuality was through tumblr :|
Yeah, I discovered it through the Female Reproductive Health thread here, actually! And then Tumblr was where I went for more info because Wikipedia, while a good resource, wasn't really up to date on the whole idea. Better sex ed please.
As much as some people shit on tumblr, it is a great resource for things like this.

I knew I was transgendered before tumblr but all the info and advice there gave me the confidence to stop hiding who I am for so many years.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

So apparently I'm the worst person ever cause I forgot TWO people when i did my wedding invites and its not good enough that I write their names in cause if they see someone elses "they will feel bad"...seriously!?? Do people really give a shit about this stuff! And its my fault i forgot because I didn't ask for help and "insisted" i do it myself?? God does everyones parents turn into fricken freaks at weddings? Oh and i was told repeatly to "treat her like family" you didn't even say that ONCE. GAH! Its not like they aren't invited...and isn't the wedding supposed to be about US and not how everyone else feels....

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

Castile wrote:So apparently I'm the worst person ever cause I forgot TWO people when i did my wedding invites and its not good enough that I write their names in cause if they see someone elses "they will feel bad"...seriously!?? Do people really give a shit about this stuff! And its my fault i forgot because I didn't ask for help and "insisted" i do it myself?? God does everyones parents turn into fricken freaks at weddings? Oh and i was told repeatly to "treat her like family" you didn't even say that ONCE. GAH! Its not like they aren't invited...and isn't the wedding supposed to be about US and not how everyone else feels....
Dont let it stress you. It is about you two, not everyone else.

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Rawr
Realm: Draka-Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Rawr »

I unlocked the mummy paw and all my digs have been fossil/NE for over an hour now :| :mrgreen:

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

The amount of NE ones can be sooo frustrating.
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I guess it's not really a rant as such...but I need advice and I thought I might as well come to you lot. I know many of you have heard of this ALS challenge. Yeah. We had a rant about how people aren't giving any money to the charity and it's become a fun thing. My friends are doing it, and neither of them are donating. One because she hasn't got the money and the other because she doesn't want to give it away as she's saving it for 'personal reasons'.

They're planning on nominating me. I don't mind this. Tipping a bucket of ice cold water over my head? I'll do it. I'll even go as far as to show people preparation, so they know I'm doing it right. England is nasty and cold, so I don't have the weather on my side. However, there's one small issue.

I don't have the money to donate. We're in a tight situation and I haven't got the money to donate. For which I feel awful. Thing is, I've been nominated. I'll feel like such a hypocrite because I won't be able to give money, when I've been complaining that others aren't giving money. Do I want to ignore the fact I've been nominated, and thus look like a complete b**** or should I do it, but be unable to give the money? I guess if I do it I'll do it right, as I won't be on holiday in Spain in the sun with a heated pool behind me like some people I've seen. I'll be in the garden, on a miserable day showing as much skin as I dare show. But I can't give money, and I'll feel awful :cry:
Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Kayro, just give money when you are able. The challenge is mostly about the ice on one's body feeling similar to how a person is immobilized by ALS. If, in that moment, you feel something of what they feel, and learn from the experience, it's no longer just a *fun* thing, but a life lesson.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Kayro, you don't HAVE to donate. I completely understand when people can't afford to. But the problem is that not a lot of people are acknowledging the reasoning behind the challenge. If/when you post a video, make sure to include a word about ALS, what it is, where to donate, etc. Don't feel bad for not donating, I can't afford to either. :) (ALSO OMG YOU LIVE IN ENGLAND TOO)

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

If you really feel that bad about not donating why not just give them like 50 cents or a dollar? Like a donation is a donation after all.
Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

For a long time I've been talking with a good friend and WoW guildie over Skype. Just general chatter, but I could always rely on him to be there to talk to. We had fun together, made each other laugh, did stuff together... I was always happy when he was around. Not as in close, mind - I'm yet to find my "special someone" and he already has a girlfriend anyway. But he was one of few people I felt I could open up and express things to. Most other conversations I have with people feature long, awkward silence as we think of something to say.

Then one day, about a week after a failed heroic SoO raid, he told me via a text message that he'd forgotten to pay the monthly Internet bill and had no money at the time to sort it out. I was stupid enough to believe that and waited for when he'd come back so we could talk again. I don't normally talk much and it's not the same with other people, assuming they even bothered to call or accept my calls.

Fast forward to today, a month later. One of the guy's other in-game friends tells me that he never lost Internet, rather he'd been in hiding while participating in a DotA tournament and had grown annoyed with WoW. Now, I would have understood entirely why he'd quit WoW - our raid team has fallen apart in the pre-xpac lull and raiding at all has become a chore in finding enough people to do it and actually hold together for more than a few bosses. What pisses me off is that he stopped logging into Skype and outright lied to me and who knows how many people in order to keep it secret. Apparently he "meant to tell me eventually". I'm still yet to hear a thing.

Doesn't help that I had a falling out with the guy's in-game replacement as officer, raid leader and main tank. God the fuckwad pisses me off so badly.

I just feel so... betrayed right now. I trusted him, and trusted that he trusted me. Now I don't know who I can trust.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Kayro, the answer is easy: did the person who nominated you donate any money?
If not, then that person has absolutely no right to nominate anyone else.
They didn't do the Ice Bucket Challenge. They just dumped a bucket of ice on their head.

The challenge is do it and donate $10, or don't do it and donate $100.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=WbcyFyU ... TzNOmFIwjw

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.