Rant Thread

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Krysteena »

Silverfish falcon? I'm thinking small silver fish flapping around on the floor, but I don't think that's the right idea :lol:
Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Unread post by Snowy »

I wish I wouldn't get homesick so easily...

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Wassa
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Wassa »

Someone that used to stalk and harass me in WoW has found me in GW2, and he's in one of my rp guilds.

Instantly blocked him once I found out it was him, but he's friends with the guild leader so I can't get him kicked out. Ugh.

A rare visitor to this forum now that I don't play WoW anymore, but forever a Petopian.

mpd_84
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter

Unread post by mpd_84 »

It's 10:39 pm and some children down the street keep screaming. I think it's a sleepover/pool party or something.
Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

I need to get faster at art because this is getting stupid.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think I gave myself food poisoning.
Snowwalker
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Suramar

Unread post by Snowwalker »

I got a Subaru Legacy about two months ago. It was old, a 95, but great shape. Beautiful. 3 weeks and a day after I got it, someone comes along and hits me while parallel parking, does $3,700 to me $2000 car. Which means the insurance is totaling it. And the buttmunch that hit me, he didn't ask if I was okay, or even apologize. Just stood there with this tight little scowl on his face like some little kid who knows they're in trouble. They say the list price for my car is around $2,300, so I'll at least be getting my money back out of it.. But still. I LOVED that car, danggit! Now I lose it because of someone else's negligence. It's not fair, I tell you!

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Time to go home but there's children screaming EVERYWHERE in the airport.

I CANNOT EXCLAIM HOW MUCH I HATE CHILDREN

Arthur
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Staghelm and Azuremyst

Unread post by Arthur »

Scarlet wrote:Internet connection has been terribly slow. I can't even play WoW, the latency is constantly in the red, the lag is UNREAL, this is just making me feel completely shitty
It's STILL awful. Trying to do the Brewfest dungeon boss on 8 lvl 90s in enough to make me want to scream.
We literally don't know what to do about this. Dad said he's calling today but what good will that do? Ugh. We have already tried so many things nothing worked.. :/

Imagemounts - pets - armoryImage

"If you are neutral in situations of injustice, you have chosen the side of the oppressor."

Varethyn
Petopia Artist
Realm: Azjol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Varethyn »

Woke up this morning to learn that my younger brother had to be rushed to hospital at 3am. I haven't even been told exactly why beyond "boy problems" so I'm rather antsy about what's going on. He needs an operation, again not sure why cos no one will bleeding tell me. It was due at around 9am. It's now 5pm and he's still waiting.

Check out PetEmote here! | Visit my Flight Rising lair!

Rest in peace mum. I really did love and miss you, even if I never got to see you.

Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

Warning, wall of text ahead.

Ohhhhhh myyyy gooooooooood. I started out with a little rain cloud over my life, and it's turned from that to a full blown storm with tornadic activity.

I think I've mentioned my computer problems at one point or another? For the past month or so, whenever I played one of my more graphic intensive video games, I would get moments where my screen goes black, my computer plays an error noise, and then after a few seconds everything will come back up. It was a minor inconvenience really, but when I was, say, fighting a boss or something, I tended to wind up dead because my screen decided to have a moment. I eventually got frustrated enough, and decided to look up why it was doing that, and discovered that it was because my graphics card was overheating. My computer happens to collect dust like a dragon collects a hoard, so I opened it up to clean it out. Unfortunately, when I put it back together, a few pieces wouldn't screw back in as tight as they were, and with a couple of loose parts I didn't feel safe turning it back on so I decided to take it in to the shop.

Turns out a few of the bolts had corresponding nuts to them (who would have guessed?), and they had fallen inside my power supply. The guys at the shop said that the work required to take my power supply apart and find the nuts would be more expensive and more time consuming than just getting a whole new power supply. I went along with it, got the new power supply, but when I went to pick up my computer they told me that the issue with my graphics card overheating was because the fan broke, and they replaced that free of charge. Yay? No. The graphics card they decided to replace mine with was a number of years older, and of very poor quality - It couldn't handle any of my games, at all. They would crash upon loading. So I re-installed my old one, with the broken fan, and decided to buy a little tabletop fan to run on it for a while to keep it cool. It still didn't stop it from overheating, but it seemed to be able to handle a lot more for a while. I ordered a new graphics card to replace it, and waited.

Then, right as I'm about to get my new card, my computer crapped out. I turned it on Friday morning, and after taking forever to load it, it told me that it couldn't find any boot device. Unsure of what was going on, I took it back to the shop.... to find out a day later that my hard drive had crapped out, and I needed a new one. Great. Also, on that day, my new card came in! But without a computer, it was kind of pointless receiving it. The shop is closed Sundays, so I finally got my computer, new hard drive and all, back today.

Oh, but that isn't the end of my adventure! I brought it back home, super excited to install my new amazing graphics card. But, after turning on my computer, it seemed that my computer didn't agree with the new card, because it told me there was no video display. Weird. Re-installed my old broken fan one, and the display appeared fine. Back to the new one, no display. So it was back to the shop again. It was a short repair this time, but basically they figured that the graphics card on which I spent over $150 dollars and waited near a damn week to receive... is defective and will not work with any computer. So not I'll have to send it back and hopefully get a working replacement, or else my money back.

My review for an ASUS Nvidia GeForce 750 Ti from Amazon.com? 0/10. It looks really pretty but they sent me a fucking broken one.

Hopefully that's it. Hopefully they send me a working card and it installs fine and I can re-install my games and play pretty pretty Skyrim and Minecraft and all the wonderful stuff without any more issues. But, considering my luck the past weeks, I think my 'adventure' is still far from over.

TL;DR I took my computer apart and couldn't get it back together, and somehow ended up with a new power supply, new hard drive, and 3 graphics cards, all of which are defective... And I still don't think it's over X-x
Nick
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nick »

Oh jesus, Kirra, I can't imagine the bullshit having to go through that was x____o That's why I'm kind of wary buying things online (like I do anyway, I never have money or the card to do so) because it's like... they could literally send you a cobra in a box and claim that it's a brand new TV.

It's shitty that it cost you 150$ for a broken thing :c I've had graphic card problems too (the same as yours actually, mine would always overheat because the fan stopped working without my notice) but thankfully my step-dad builds his own computer towers so we didn't have to fight with repair shops >___<

Battlenet: Nick#115610
|| Tumblr || Flight Rising || Twitter ||

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Why am I EVER nice to my dad. When has he ever impressed me? When has he ever made it worth it? I keep saying he's getting better and then he throws a tantrum like a toddler, makes everyone cry, and gets away with it because he has a louder voice and he can make us feel bad.

Never again, dad. Just because you've been emotionally abusing us for years doesn't mean you can keep doing this. I don't care how much you hate me for it, I'm going to stop you. I can't let you do this to us anymore.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

If you don't pay rent or own the house don't act like you do.

I hate it in shows or in real life when people most of the time teens act like they own the house. They should be great full they get to live in a house for free.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

cowmuflage wrote:If you don't pay rent or own the house don't act like you do.
This is what I'd love to say to my friend's girlfriend. >.> Ever since we moved into our new house she's been over almost constantly. Walks about the place as if she owns it and does she contribute to rent? Nope. Bitch has been there more than I have so far! And I pay for TWO people's rents! I'm also pretty damn sure she nicks our juice when it's left on the counters too. *And* she uses cutlery without permission and doesn't clean up after herself either. She just expects her girlfriend to do it who rarely cleans her own dishes anyway.

That and when we're kind enough to invite her to the cinema with us, we'll sometimes offer the free Wednesday ticket to her and do we get thanked? NOPE.

But god forbid when she does actually open her mouth it's either something incredibly annoying or she's attempting to correct something we've said. All. the. damn. TIME! Corrections, corrections, no you're wrong, it's this, corrections, corrections. One day I'm gunna pretend to know nothing on a topic I'm really fluent in and she'll correct me and BAM I'll have caught her out then!

Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Tomorrow I have good lessons. History. Art. English. Then I remember that I've got to complete a CV for History on Galen, complete various studies in Art and then finish my talk in English! A five minute presentation! I don't think I have enough facts for that...I have no backing presentation. It's literally going to be a talk. Just a teacher, staring into my soul, while I try to not panic and run out the room. I can barely read one line in front of the class before I'm stuttering and I begin to lose my vision. The teacher is nice, however, and she did say that it'll be more chatty than informative, simply because it's only two of us. Still. A five minute presentation and all this other homework! For tomorrow! I try to not leave it till the last minute, but do excuse me if I have to spend an entire hour drawing scales on a chinese dragon. You want a larger one? Nope. I'm too busy doing the 100 other things I've got going on. Righty...cv in a mo. I'll have a shower, complete the cv then after tea I'll complete some art. I'll take a breather, eat some (more) food before I focus on my English. It's alright. I don't need to sleep tonight
;-;
Novikova
Realm: Moooooooon Guard. SC/FM.

Unread post by Novikova »

WTB: More time.

Aaah! Deadlines! Job hunting! Raising money for a plane ticket home!
Image Sofia, the remarkably purple spirit cat as drawn by Ket Shi. :D

http://flightrising.com/main.php?p=lair ... e&id=50139 - Dragon Lair at flight rising!
Lisaara

Unread post by Lisaara »

So my morning sucked.....

I fell asleep at 6pm...didn't wake up til 7:10am....had a throbbing heading...felt nauseous.....then I made offerings to the porcelain god before heading off to school.....headache all day long.....frustrated with SQL cause the book says one thing, website we use says another, and the microsoft site says something else.....

LisaaraPokefarm
Sig Credits: Lisaara, Ashaine

Lupis
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Lupis »

Good gods, lag, lag, lag! Can't even summon a mini pet I'm lagging so badly!

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Man people still think Tiny Tina from Borderlands 2 is racist. >.>