PC Help

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord.

PC Help

Unread post by Aleu »

Okay, this problem just started today and I know for a fact I am not this computer smart.

Basically, everytime I start a game in general, my computer decides it wants to restart itself. It started when I tried to boot up WoW and I had thought one of WoWs file has been corrupted or something a long that line. Well, it wasn't just WoW. It happened when I tried to play LoL. I brought up Mass Effect 2 as kind of a test dummy and sure enough, same thing. It'll let the game run for about 3-5 minutes before the screen goes black and the PC restarts itself.

This is the error I'm getting once I boot the computer back up

Problem signature:
Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.768.3
Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
BCCode: 124
BCP1: 0000000000000000
BCP2: FFFFFA80048CC038
BCP3: 0000000000000000
BCP4: 0000000000000000
OS Version: 6_1_7601
Service Pack: 1_0
Product: 768_1

Files that help describe the problem:
C:\Windows\Minidump\100914-48875-01.dmp
C:\Users\Laura\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-120042-0.sysdata.xml

After that, the computer seems to run fine. It's only happened when I attempt to play any kind of game. My assumption is my video card. I checked the fan which seems to be working fine. I suppose it still could be overheating in the sense, I have a can of air for that.

This is my current video card

Any general ideas? I obviously don't think I should ditch the entire dang computer, but is possibly time for a new video card?

NEW SIGNATURE PENDING... SOON.
{Flight Rising}

Syleye
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Shadowsong

Re: PC Help

Unread post by Syleye »

Maybe try a program called bluescreen view from nirsoft.net, scans all files and basic crash information. You look for things like the bug check string. then you can look up the kind of errors presented.

May be a bad driver or completely unistall or reinstall your video drivers. Sounds more like a driver issue than hardware.

Hope this helps

Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

Tried uninstalling it and reinstalling. I almost thought that fixed it, but it just went down on me again. This time it took roughly ten minutes to do so.

I could try that program to see if that'll help anything. This is starting to get on me nerves enough for me to consider a new video card.

{Flight Rising}

Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

The most useful piece of information there is this:

BCCode: 124

Try googling for it and check some of the suggestions for fixing it. As you say, it's quite likely to be a graphics card issue, though it could also be a power supply problem. If you have spares of either to test with, I'd give it a go (graphics card being a lot easier to swap out quickly).
Anyia
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Jubei'Thos (US/Oceania)

Unread post by Anyia »

Oh, or possibly your RAM - that can also cause all sorts of weirdness. Try running the Windows Memory Diagnostic tool - it's easy:

https://us.battle.net/support/en/articl ... ostic-tool
Aleu
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Aleu »

I think it was the video card. A friend of mine gave me one as a kind of temporary/testing and sure enough it hasn't happened once since I installed this one. Needless to say, my video card was over due for a upgrade as it was. Thankfully, a decent one went on sale at Best Buy for under $100. Not top of the line, but it's still better then what I had.

{Flight Rising}