What was the last movie you saw??

Snowy
Illustrious Master Hunter

Re: What was the last movie you saw??

Unread post by Snowy »

Hercules or The Purge: Anarchy today? They both look mighty horrible but I need to make use of my Cineworld card this week!

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Kenna wrote:I loved GotG. I read the comics a long time ago. I find it funny that this movie was a roaring success, and I knew it would be, when so many people were like "Oh these are Marvel nobodies. This movie is gunna suck. It's too comedic. Where's the action." People sometimes though. I was super pumped when they even announced this would be made a movie, way back when, I'm a huge fan of Groot and Rocket. I also happen to find Peter Quill especially lovable and adorkable. It doesn't help that the first time I read the comics, I was instantly reminded of my boyfriend... Who we will just say might as well be a Starlord clone. XD

Interesting tidbit is that Rocket really can understand Groot because his hearing is so well. Groot is actually talking when he says "I am Groot" but because his vocal cords are wooden, like the rest of him, it's very high pitched. The only three words that he can say that we can hear though are obviously "I am Groot".
I was the same way :) I was so excited for it and I KNEW it was going to be amazing! Rocket and Groot all the way <3 I love the entire group actually :lol: They're all so awesome in their own ways.

I saw The Giver the night it came out. I really liked it. The book is really good imo too. The changes they made in the movie were understandable, and it followed the basic gist so I was happy :)

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Saw GotG! It was fun, I enjoyed it, and I'd definitely watch it again. That said, I had major issues with a lot of the characterization and the only characters I could really fully appreciate were Rocket and Groot. Not only were they fun, they seemed more human than the human character! Rocket especially seemed a lot more human than Quill, just in how realistic his reactions to things were. No quiet man pain for him.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

I think Drax was my fave. I loved his dialog like that went over his head thing "I have really good reflexes and I would catch it!" XD

Don't call me a thesaurus!

I dunno i've always liked Batesta even back when I watched wrestling.
Bangeall
Expert Hunter
Expert Hunter
Realm: Doomhammer EU

Unread post by Bangeall »

I was really skeptical about Guardians of the Galaxy when I first saw the trailer. But after friends insisting it was great, I went and checked it out, and I absolutely LOVED it. There are problems with it in terms of story-line and dialogue, but it was a very fun ride. As you all say, Groot and Rocket are really the ones to watch. You just have to love them and their interactions with each other and the rest of the group. I really loved that last scene in the movie! Having said that, I did like Drax too, a lot more than I was expecting to.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

I was forced to watch American Mary again.

Ugh that movie is so bad. Like it wants to you feel sorry for Mary because she was raped but by the end of the movie she's worse then the person who raped her! I'm glad what happened to her in the end.
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

I forgot about this thread. xD

I went to see Boxtrolls recently, it was great. If you're a fan of Tim Burton-esque animation and style, you'll like it I think. :3

Oh and I caught up to speed and watched a more recent(ish) film of Don Bluth's called Titan A.E. I dunno, I heard some really mixed reviews about that one and it definitely felt very different to his usually stuff, but I really enjoyed it. Characters were rather predictable but I loved some of the character design, especially for the aliens and Korso (HNNGGG KORSO ♥) and some parts felt very... adult? I dunno, there's a scene where someone's neck gets broken (to avoid spoilers) and there's several scenes where blood is shown. Just felt like a very mature film.

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Posidon Rex ... oki that was really bad acting but the monster were done ok

Bermuda Tentacles -- even worse action .. and the monster and the story linie.. ungh

Lake Terror: attack of the killer Lampreys... the worst of the three... man it was horrid.. How can a small creature with no attatchment to the ground drag a fully grown chubby man BACKWARDS into a lake by ? it was attacthed to his head .. and yet he bled out by the feets... yikes this is a bad movie

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Saw Dracula Untold on Wednesday and The Maze Runner today. Both were very meh. The Maze Runner just dragged on and on and on... And felt too Hunger Games.

Doc Privas
Journeyman Hunter
Journeyman Hunter
Realm: Argent Dawn EU

Unread post by Doc Privas »

I saw the movie about Temple Grandin. A really interesting film!

Cloudstrider - Highmountain Tauren Hunter
Argent Dawn EU

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

The Witches. That's a movie that I was scared of as a kid XD
Jurz
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Scryers, Earthern Ring, Feathermoon

Unread post by Jurz »

Derp. Forgot about my own thread. Probably cuz I havent seen anything to write home about. Missed Dracula Untold and Id prefer to read Maze Runner but I still might see it. Saw The Judge and that was good. Also saw Book of Life and thought it was adorable. Gone Girl was awful for the most part imo. Idk how everyone loves it. I didn't finish it cuz I thought it was that awful. Been eagerly awaiting for Big Hero 6 really and too busy with school to watch much. Plus, not many great movies are released in September or October
Snowy wrote:I forgot about this thread. xD

I went to see Boxtrolls recently, it was great. If you're a fan of Tim Burton-esque animation and style, you'll like it I think. :3

Oh and I caught up to speed and watched a more recent(ish) film of Don Bluth's called Titan A.E. I dunno, I heard some really mixed reviews about that one and it definitely felt very different to his usually stuff, but I really enjoyed it. Characters were rather predictable but I loved some of the character design, especially for the aliens and Korso (HNNGGG KORSO ♥) and some parts felt very... adult? I dunno, there's a scene where someone's neck gets broken (to avoid spoilers) and there's several scenes where blood is shown. Just felt like a very mature film.
Omg! I love that movie! I used to watch it with my dad when I was a kid!

Sig drawn by the amazing Lupis! and avatar drawn by the wonderful Senna!

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

Tonight I watched "Europa Report". (my Bluray arrived in the mail today)
The film didn't get a cinema release near us, so I never got to see it.

I was afraid it would be one of those annoying shaky-cam movies, but amazingly, it wasn't.
I honestly enjoyed it tremendously.

That said, one thing did sort of bother me about it: for anyone who's seen "2010: The Year We make Contact" (the sequel to "2001: A Space Odyssey"), there was a chapter from the book (actually, a whole sub-plot) that was cut from the movie, about a Chinese expedition that was racing against the American-Russian expedition to make it to Europa first. "Europa Report" REALLY comes across as an expanded film about that cut chapter. So I basically knew everything that was going to happen. It still didn't stop me from enjoying the movie.

And tomorrow night, I finally get to see "Maleficent" (which arrives in the mail).

Sigh, one of the disadvantages of living in the middle of nowhere is we get to miss a LOT of movies when they play in the cinema.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Chimera
Realm: Nesingwary (H), Silver Hand (A), Moon Guard (A)

Unread post by Chimera »

Maleficent was an amazing movie, hands down I think my absolute favorite original disney classic remade so far. And definitely one of my top favorites that I can list off without thinking, for movies

Watched Horns on the weekend on Netflix and it was to DIE for :lol: But a 14A rating???? Nooooo, nooooo, I would never consider that a 14A. Though it was select theatres only, people would probably shit if it was everywhere with a rating below 18+ xD It was a real shocker and Daniel didn't have his amazing british accent at all (though I've heard that he can "cancel" it out for his roles??).

Aside from a really bizzare ending that kinda left me staring blankly at the screen, it was a very, very good movie. Definitely not a movie for if you're looking to snuggle up on the couch and relax for the day though. It's more like, you want to watch something a little more on the messed up hardcore side with a good helping of violence, swearing, and some possible trigger topics and blood/gore.

Hoping to see Dracula Untold and Book of Life some point soon, one of them, if not both this weekend (my birthday's on friday weee) and if only one, then maybe the other next weekend xD

Frostmarrow by LupisDarkmoon

| Dragon Cave | Magistream | Flight Rising |

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Judge Dredd: Superfiend. Sure it's a animated mini series but what ever.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Chimera wrote:Maleficent was an amazing movie, hands down I think my absolute favorite original disney classic remade so far. And definitely one of my top favorites that I can list off without thinking, for movies

Watched Horns on the weekend on Netflix and it was to DIE for :lol: But a 14A rating???? Nooooo, nooooo, I would never consider that a 14A. Though it was select theatres only, people would probably shit if it was everywhere with a rating below 18+ xD It was a real shocker and Daniel didn't have his amazing british accent at all (though I've heard that he can "cancel" it out for his roles??).

Aside from a really bizzare ending that kinda left me staring blankly at the screen, it was a very, very good movie. Definitely not a movie for if you're looking to snuggle up on the couch and relax for the day though. It's more like, you want to watch something a little more on the messed up hardcore side with a good helping of violence, swearing, and some possible trigger topics and blood/gore.

Hoping to see Dracula Untold and Book of Life some point soon, one of them, if not both this weekend (my birthday's on friday weee) and if only one, then maybe the other next weekend xD
I'm renting Malificent today. :lol: Horns. Ah! Next time I'm at the boyfriends rents must watch. I've iboy been waiting since they announced that movie to see it. I've got the book sitting on my shelf in the back room and its odd because the books written by Stephen Kings son. Runs in the family. Omg lmao. My birthdays Saturday and those are the exact two movies were choosing from to go see for it. Dracula Untold stars Luke Evans who's a celeb love of mine. He's also in the Hobbit movies as Bard the Bowman. :D

Sukurachi
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: The Scryers (Horde), Argent Dawn (Alliance)

Unread post by Sukurachi »

I enjoyed Dracula Untold (saw it last week).
It wasn't anything earth-shattering, but it was fun and well-done.
I think what I liked most was the very end of the film.

I believe I read that Universal Studios (I think?) is trying to revive their "classic monster" franchises, and this Dracula re-telling is the first in the set. Next will be The Mummy, Frankenstein, and Creature from the Black Lagoon. I'm not sure if The Wolfman is part of the plans/properties.

A bit of palindromic wisdom:
"Step on no pets!"
Casual player.. don't raid, don't PvP. Suffer from extreme altitis
I love pets - combat or non.
<That Kind of Orc> guild on The Scryers, small, casual LGBT and friends guild, join us Horde-side.

Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Watched 'Edge of Tomorrow' again yesterday as I now own the DVD. ♥ Brilliant film. (AND I NOW OWN GODZILLA AS WELL YUSSS. ♥)

Lupis
Petopia Artist
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Lupis »

Watched the Book of Life. Despite liking the ideas and loving the direction they went with it, it just didn't strike me. The epic moments didn't feel epic, and the emotional moments didn't make me have any severe feelings.

That said, La Muerte and Xibalba are my favorites. Ever. I love them a lot.

Tumblr ~ Flight Rising
Avatar by Kamalia, signature by me!

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist

Stargate. Because NZ just got our first ever Scfi channel and it was on and it's boss and I'm pretty sad and it always makes me happy. Gotta love space Ra.