Rant Thread

Dewclaw
Illustrious Master Hunter
Realm: Llane

Re: Rant Thread

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Upset tummy could be a number of things. Typically upset tummies are treated with fluids, anti-nausea meds, and a bland diet. Your vet may also recommend blood work if symptoms persist to gauge kidney & liver functions, and to also check white cell counts which could indicate infection. I have a kitty that started to vomit up food immediately after eating and it turned out her thyroid was off. The blood test caught it. it's easily treated with meds.
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Snowy wrote:Blossom actually used to do that. She'd scoff her food down so fast that she just threw it back up again and sometimes Ruby will heave as if she's got a hairball but nothing happens. I honestly wouldn't stress too much about it Falcon, it really doesn't sound like anything major to me. He's probably just got a poorly stomach. :hug:

Also, off topic, but is Kenna now called Melle because they keep changing their username and it's getting REALLY CONFUSING. x__x;
Yes, lol I am. And that's what I meant Falcon, exactly what Snowy said... No need to be rude, especially when others are saying the same thing I am. :/

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I don't mean to be rude. I'm stressed as hell and it's the monthlies for me, so, yeah, I tend to snap at hands and not mean it. I am sorry... *slinks off*

And, Dew, Andy is the most difficult cat when it comes to both the vet and meds. He absolutely despises the vet, and he refuse to take any and all meds. -_- I'm small and have rheumatoid arthritis, and my boyfriend is the one who has to try and control him because I'm so small and weak, and Andy is a big cat...
Silivren
Realm: Sunbeam Ruins, Tamriel, Westeros, Thedas, etc.

Unread post by Silivren »

Falconcrest wrote:I don't mean to be rude. I'm stressed as hell and it's the monthlies for me, so, yeah, I tend to snap at hands and not mean it. I am sorry... *slinks off*
Its alright. :hug: I meant it jokingly, since you said you've never had a cat before, I've owned four of them. All of them have had various tummy issues. It seems very common for most cats. In all honesty, I think you shouldn't stress too much. As Dew said, they may put him on a bland diet, poor baby will hate that. But you should only really really worry if blood starts coming out either end or if he starts to sneeze, like a LOT, and has an odor. One of my cats was an adopted stray, when we took him to the vet, after keeping him separated for a week or so... Well we found out he had feline leukemia, those are some of the symptoms. The odds of him developing that are very unlikely though as he is an indoor cat.

Dewclaw
Realm: Llane

Unread post by Dewclaw »

Falcon: anti-nausea meds can come as an injection, as can antibiotics. I doubt it's thyroid for your baby, but even that med can come as gel you rub on their ear. Just make the vet aware that you have trouble medicating him. Try not to stress. I know it's hard when your baby isn't well, but things will come out all right in the end. <3
Kirrandria
Artisan Hunter
Artisan Hunter
Realm: Wyrmrest Accord

Unread post by Kirrandria »

PAIN. I think I really messed up my shoulder,because over the course of the day I've been feeling worse and worse pain from it. At this point I can barely even lift it without it hurting very bad, and I have a final in about an hour.... I don't think I can drive or write or anything. Aleve is doing nothing and heat is doing nothing and I'm just in pain and I really hope I can make up this final, because I just can't go.
Bowno
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Moon Guard

Unread post by Bowno »

Tomorrow is my birthday and I'm sick as a dog. This won't end well, I can already tell.

Siggy under construction!

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Falcon: my kitty used to throw up after eating her busicuts all the time and we found out she can't eat normal ones because she can't process an enzyme in them. She eats sensitive stomach ones now and tuna. Maybe switch the food and see if that makes a difference :)

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Nachtwulf »

My old man Tidus does that all the time. In fact just today, he barfed up a) a puddle of kibble (eventually eaten by Boo), and b) no less than four additional puddles of sticky phlemny goop in different locations.

About once every two weeks he does this. It's PROBABLY hairball related; sometimes cats get one and just, well...cherish it. They go to barf it up but then just choke it back down and wait for it to get bigger. Eventually he should hork it up but either way, it's less of a crisis than it is just gross. Tidbits has done this for years and the vets I've had him to can't seem to explain why so... that's my theory. Either way he's still kickin'.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Every once and a while Lucky pukes her food up. That's because she sucks all her food up like the fat cat she is :lol:
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

It's so damn cold outside but SO DAMN WARM in here for some reason. 7:30 AM and I'm too warm to go back to sleep. :/

Snowy the Sylveon Hoarder ♥
3DS FC: 1263-6698-4911 | FR: EnchantedEcho | PSN: Eviesaurus
My YouTube Channel! (Pokemon related stuffs!)

Falcon
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

Unread post by Falcon »

I'm in tears and too scared, worried, and stressed to try and get proper sleep ,but I'm so fucking tired... I haven't had much at all since Andy got sick...
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

So much work to do... but I'm not doing it and instead just sitting here, bored. Even without procrastination I fail at doing work. :|

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Wtf is wrong with our world...firstly a madman kills two ppl who just went to get a coffee then 140 school children and teachers murdered in pakistan for no ther reason than "someone else should feel pain" and now 8 children (one only 18mths) is stabbed to death in Cairns days before christmas...just why :( I don't want to live on this planet anymore.

Shadowlands

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

I kind of think it's a response to gross overpopulation. It's an unpopular opinion in a lot of places but...whenever you overcrowd a population, violence breaks out more and more. There's too damn many humans on this planet; we've exceeded our population density, so we're turning on each other. The rationalization and/or crazy involved is only apparent because we have the capacity to rationalize.

someday I'll find someplace to host a sig that isn't stupid money-grubbing photobucket

Castile
Petopia Artist

Unread post by Castile »

Another reason for me to leave the planet...although a minor one...the little idiot that does the binding occastionally for the SG gets a present and a ty note meanwhile I do the REAL fucking work with the filing and making sure his collection is stocktaked and kept together and get....nothing. Ive done it for years and years too. Screw this world.

Shadowlands

cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Nachtwulf wrote:I kind of think it's a response to gross overpopulation. It's an unpopular opinion in a lot of places but...whenever you overcrowd a population, violence breaks out more and more. There's too damn many humans on this planet; we've exceeded our population density, so we're turning on each other. The rationalization and/or crazy involved is only apparent because we have the capacity to rationalize.
Well there really is not a way to stop that besides going "you can only have x amount of children" people like to breed XD
Krysteena
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter
Realm: Terenas, Argent Dawn

Unread post by Krysteena »

Nachtwulf wrote:I kind of think it's a response to gross overpopulation. It's an unpopular opinion in a lot of places but...whenever you overcrowd a population, violence breaks out more and more. There's too damn many humans on this planet; we've exceeded our population density, so we're turning on each other. The rationalization and/or crazy involved is only apparent because we have the capacity to rationalize.
Makes perfect sense really. Like a pack of animals. It gets too large and the fight to hold authority or power becomes too much and suddenly people think it's okay to kill children and whatnot. People just disgust me :/

If Aliens are real (shh, don't tell me they aren't!) then us humans would be screwed. Royally screwed.
Or robots will kill us! Terminator style, yeah? Or I've been watching too much of that again :lol:
Snowy

Unread post by Snowy »

Knew I should've caught up with Korra faster. Freaking spoilers EVERYWHERE right now, even from friends on Facebook. JUST FUCKING STOP.

Nachtwulf
Grand Master Hunter
Grand Master Hunter

cowmuflage wrote:
Well there really is not a way to stop that besides going "you can only have x amount of children" people like to breed XD
Sounds like a great plan to me. If you make sure they can only have a max of two children (which is still too many imo), then maybe they'd even take better care of them instead of just breeding like bloody rabbits. Also errone gets all the birth control they want. For free.