My Japanese Honeymoon - pics :)

Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

My Japanese Honeymoon - pics :)

Unread post by Castile »

As requested by Wain here are some pics from my 3 week trip to Japan! We travelled from Tokyo - Kyoto - Otsu - Nara - Osaka - Inari - Himeji - Iwakuni - Hiroshima - Miyajima - Ōkunoshima (Rabbit Island) and back to Tokyo few! (sorry if theres lots but this a very condensed version of 12 folders worth of photos on my Nikon lol!)

Tokyo - the view from our Hotel.

Gundam Front, Tokyo. A whole museum/theme park for the Mobile Suit Gundam anime. This is my husbands favourite :)

Studio Ghibli Museum, Tokyo. If you ever watched a Ghibli movie you will love this place! This is the robot from Luputa: Castle in the Sky.

This is the park just the other side of Ghibli - the cherry blossoms were the best here!

Tokyo Tower at night! This was the best time to go :)

Hakone, Mt Fuji. Hakone is the closest place you can go without actually climbling it. It isn't a hard climb but it wasn't the right season when we went. Hakone is also the setting for Neon Genesis Evangelions "Tokyo-3" for the anime nerds! We went on a boat ride across one of the crater lakes.

Philosopher's Walk, Kyoto. The route is so-named because the influential 20th-century Japanese philosopher and Kyoto University professor Nishida Kitaro is thought to have used it for daily meditation. It goes from one buddist temple to another. It was in full bloom when we went.

Fushimi Inari Taisha, Inari. This is the shrine to the fox god and also to thousands of red Tori gates. Tori gates make the path to a sacred place (in Japan they lead to Buddist and Shinto temples.) The thousands of red gates all lined up was really impressive! Almost like an optical illusion.

Tōdai-ji, Nara. Tōdai-ji is home to the worlds largest brass buddah (many places claim to different variants of largest buddahs it seems!) and is home to some very tame/feral deer! They are very used to being fed so as soon as you pay your 200Y for the biccies...watch out! (we also dubbed it the "Margaret River of Japan" as it had a very small tourist town feel).
Lattern path way to a shrine - abit different to the Tori gates of other placees!

Universal Studios, Osaka. The only reason we went was because they had a "cool Japan" exhibition on while we were there. It had special anime rides like the Neon Genesis Evangelion 4D ride and the Attack on Titan display! I also met hello kitty and it was the bast day of my life...

Himeji Castle, Himeji-Jo. This is the last "real" castle in Japan as the rest are all rebuilds from after the war or burnt down in recent history. Himeji was the only one that hasn't been fully destroyed but has been renovated recently using traditional materials and tools. This was one of my favourite places :)

Iwakuni, Japan. This where we stayed with some wow friends for a week! They are a couple and the husband is a US Marine so we got to stay on the base there. It was a really unique experience!

Miyajima Island, Miyajima. This is the island with the UNESCO world heritage shrine and the giant Tori gates in the sea. Theres also deer here but not as feral as in Nara!

Ōkunoshima Island or Rabbit Island. This was a really interesting place. They made Mustard Gas here for WW2 and tested it on the rabbits (not so nice) but when they left the factory they also left the rabbits here and now its like a rabbit sanctuary! They are everywhere!

Battleship Yamato Museum. This was a really interesting place and probably wouldn't of gone here with our friends. It was the biggest battleship during WW2 and was built because the Japanese were basically scared of the US naval force. There was lots of artifacts from the ship (which now lies in half on the sea bed by Okinawa Island after its last "suicide" mission) but i learnt about manned torpedoes which basically sent 100 sailors to their deaths 0.0. Beside the muesum was a Japanese Submarine you could go in and explore. Here's my husband driving it :P

Tokyo again! Back to Tokyo for a night before our flight home and we had to visit the newest tourism ambassador Godzila! This was just put up before we left - ROAR!

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Re: My Japanese Honeymoon - pics :)

Unread post by Wain »

Oh wow, so many beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing those! :)

All the tori gates are gorgeous, and I love the moss on the shrines.

I've seen other pics of the Ghbili museum and I so want to see it. Especially since that Totoro short film plays only there. The Evangelion ride sounds like something I'd want to see too.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
Castile
Petopia Artist
Realm: Nagrand

Unread post by Castile »

Wain wrote:Oh wow, so many beautiful pictures! Thank you for sharing those! :)

All the tori gates are gorgeous, and I love the moss on the shrines.

I've seen other pics of the Ghbili museum and I so want to see it. Especially since that Totoro short film plays only there. The Evangelion ride sounds like something I'd want to see too.
nws!

Yeah the film you see is one of three - we saw sumo mice :) The ticket you get is also 3 frames of film from one of the ghibli movies. They have a giant plush cat bus inside but only kids could go on it - saddness :(

Shadowlands
Restoration Shaman ~Vaporéon~, Balance Druid ~Sakurie~ , BM Hunter ~Castile~

Wain
The Insane
The Insane

Unread post by Wain »

Castile wrote:They have a giant plush cat bus inside but only kids could go on it - saddness :(
So not fair!! :(

I think I'd have to go back over three days to see all the movies.
Shaman avatar by Spiritbinder.
cowmuflage
Petopia Artist
Realm: dath remar

Unread post by cowmuflage »

Those are some nice photos too bad that those people in them ruined it! :p

I kid I kid. Looks like you had a great time!
Niabi
Master Hunter
Master Hunter
Realm: Greymane-H, Rexxar-A, Staghelm-A/H, Nesingwary-A/H

Unread post by Niabi »

Looks like you had a marvelous honeymoon! Japan is awesome! I'd definitely like to visit it for myself someday.

Come visit my lovely garden of dragons over at
Flight Rising

Ana
 Community Resource
 Community Resource
Realm: Light EU Twintania/ Azol-Nerub EU

Unread post by Ana »

Looking wonderful. Looks like your having a good time :D

HUGE thanks to Makoes, Syleye, FeralClaw, Pingupuff, Karin,Bowno, Varethyn, Ashaine, Kishay, Aki (Täräin13), my friend Marie and some lovely ppl on Fligth Rising for my lovely sig